RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
AutoSave VX

Rep:
Level 83
AutoSave VX 

Author: BulleXt(bulletxt@gmail.com)
Version: 0.1
Date: 06/07/2009

Description:
This script by default will automatically save when you do a map transfer, after winning a battle and after exiting menu.
You can also manually call an autosave inside an event by simply doing a call script like this:
Auto_Save.new

The script doesn't disable normal saving system so player can still save on his slots, he will not be able to overwrite the autosave slot.

The script also lets you set how many saving slots you want.

You can choose between 2 editions, the normal one and another one that ships Woratana Neo Save System 3.0 modified with this script merged to it.

Download Default Script: here

Download AutoSave VX + Woratana Neo Save System 3.0 merged: here

Cheers,
BulletXt

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'm curious. Do the autosave keep to one save file? Or does it have to create a new save file every time it autosaves? I know I've seen some 'autosave' scripts do that in the past and it's just really a pain. It doesn't sound like this does, so it's awesome :) but incase it wasn't mentioned. I like that you can't overwrite the autosave!

Rep:
Level 83
I'm curious. Do the autosave keep to one save file? Or does it have to create a new save file every time it autosaves? I know I've seen some 'autosave' scripts do that in the past and it's just really a pain. It doesn't sound like this does, so it's awesome :) but incase it wasn't mentioned. I like that you can't overwrite the autosave!

The autosave file is only one file and player is not able to save on it :)

I also updated the thread with a new edition of the script merged to Woratana Neo Save System 3.0!

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
is there a way to make it so that it will also only autosave after "x" minutes. Such as you see in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I find that this would make death still be an inconvenience.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
NPC, make an event system that uses a callscript for the auto save. Done.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
There is no end to learning!
I get this error  when I'm using it in conjunction with the neo face message script of Woratona,I started getting this error.I removed that script,but still get this error-

Edit: next time when I set everything right.this error message wasn't showing.but then when I tried to load the game from the save file,another error message popped up saying undefined method- side (in line 55 of the neo face system) which is the $game.message.side

these two scripts aren't compatible I guess?any solution?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:46:26 AM by zubin73 »
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" - Keats

Rep:
Level 71
I need a bit of help i set up my switches and after winning a battle, transferring maps, or closing the menu. A error message pops up.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
What other scripts are you using? What does the error message say?
Exactly when does the error pop up? What do you mean by "i set up my switches"?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71
Here are the error messages. It appears exactly when I close the menu, win a battle, or transfer maps. I'm using many other scripts, there's a lot so I'm only going to list a few. Jets alignment, time/day, stamina system, hunger and thirst. Bulletx's Thomas Edison. Pala by Falco. Notebook and skill tree by diety. There are a few others but this is mostly it.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Interesting. At the start of the script, are there a couple lines that are alterable, and are the constants:
Code: [Select]
SAVE_NUMBER = 1
NUMBER_OF_SAVE_SLOTS = 10
SAVE_ON_MAP_TRANSFER = 1
SAVE_AFTER_WINNING_BATTLE = 2
SAVE_AFTER_CLOSING_MENU = 3
?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks works fine now.