RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Anima

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

"I've been trapped here in an endless desert for what feels like an eternity now. I've had no food, no water, no company, no sleep. By all means I should be dead by now, but somehow I haven't yet died. I don't know how I came to be here, or when I came to be here. I don't even know where exactly "here" is. I only know that every waking moment spent here is a torture you cannot possibly imagine...  But I will find an escape from this hell, I will survive. I have been fated to suffer here for eternity, but hopelessness is only for those who surrender to destiny, and I refuse to give in to my fate."

This game was an entry in Blizzard's ABS competition.  Created by myself and Zylos, we worked on the first version of this game for the allotted 15 days, and then, after winning the competition, decided to fix up the game and release it as a BlizzABS example game.  It took longer than expected due to some scripting issues, but it has been finished and now released. 

Download the game HERE

What is a BlizzABS Example Game?  It's a game made with BlizzABS, and released open-source to allow people to see how it was made.  See how the events were done, etc... to help people have a learning tool to get used to or see the system not only in action, but behind the scenes.  It is designed to help.

However, if anything unique from this game is used (eventing, or scripting, or graphics), you are to credit myself and Zylos and make known where you got the idea/resource.

This work is protected by the following license:
Spoiler for:
Creative Commons - Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ )

You are free:

to Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix - to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

Share alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.

- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.

• Custom Minimalist HUD: Instead of bright flashy colors and fonts, the HUD has been re-designed to be a simple black and white, unobtrusive design.
  • Custom Minimalist CMS: Utilizing the BlizzABS pre-menu as a simple base, a very simple necessity-only CMS was created.
  • Progressive SP Regen: Your SP regenerates over time, the regen rate getting faster and faster the longer you go without using a skill, until you are fully restored.
  • Evented Lock Hacking: If a door is locked, you can hack it by aligning a circut in the control panel.
  • Evented Hacker Deterrant: Open the database and increase any of your stats, then start/resume a game.  You'll see exactly what this is.  (Note: remember which stat you increased, and what its original value is, or you'll be having trouble getting rid of it)
  • Acnievement Logger: By completing certain hidden tasks, you unlock easter egg trophies that are added to the Achievement menu.  They are independent of save games, so if you miss some on your first playthrough, you can always load your game and go back to find them, or start a new game :D.
  • Evented Strafing: Press the Left Shift key to lock the character's direction, making it easier to aim and dodge at the same time during battle.
  • Easy to use Controls: Controls have been simplified to allow for ease of use without having to remember too many keys, or move one's hands around too much.  A simple tutorial explains the controls in game.

I don't have too many because I don't feel like playing through it again for screenshots lol.
Spoiler for:

• KuramaRTP
  • Ghost
  • Enterbrain
  • Zanyzora
  • Ninesages
  • CCOA
  • Capcom
  • Square Enix
  • Namco
  • Master_of_Time

*Disclaimer: Temperance Studios in no way take credit for ANY of the resources used in creating this game (except title screen, any of NAMKCOR/Zylos' script or eventing work, and some sprite edits/creation).  Temperance Studios only claims credit for the aspects of the game that we, in fact, created.  If the resources are not properly credited and you KNOW the correct author, contact NAMKCOR at Rockman922@hotmail.com so that he might credit it properly.*

</wall of text thread>
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 06:14:30 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
A little challenge for everyone who plays this game: first person to take a screenshot of all 14 achievements in the game and post it gets the highest bragging rights and our upmost respect. :3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
send a savegame file along with to prove you didn't cheat.

Rep:
Level 86
I have got all 14.

I will not post a screenshot because others can discover the Achievements on their own - unless I am demanded to.

Great game by the way.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
First one to get them all! Congratz! :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Looks cool, I will have to give this a download soon. Sorry for being so late on the uptake, I didn't have internet for a while :(

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Looks cool, I will have to give this a download soon. Sorry for being so late on the uptake, I didn't have internet for a while :(

don't worry about it, we didn't expect to get much attention from RMRK.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Can you play without RTP?
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Everything you need is already included, so yes, you should be able to play without the RTP.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
late upload, but it's up.
new version

Features Implemented
  • HUD Flicker Fix
  • Integration of "NAM's Achievement Logger v1.01"

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
When I pick up the "Notebook 1" in the beginning, for some reason Nero starts walking slower. Is there any way to fix that? I don't want to miss that notebook piece, but it is even more annoying to be inexplicably slow.  :P

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
When I pick up the "Notebook 1" in the beginning, for some reason Nero starts walking slower. Is there any way to fix that? I don't want to miss that notebook piece, but it is even more annoying to be inexplicably slow.  :P

I never noticed that before, lemme see if I can re-create it.

edit:  yeah I just re-created that, but have no idea why it's messing up at all, there's no movement event code there at all.  I'll have to take a deeper look into it, or see if Zylos has any clue.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 05:01:36 AM by NAMKCOR »