RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Advert]Legend of Vanadia

Rep:
Level 84
Stand Tall And Shake The Heavens
Project of the Month winner for February 2009
Hello everyone! I've come to show n advertisement of my new rpgmaker 2003 game I'm working on. The game is currently in progress and I have some BETA screen shots and a video to show you!

I'll put the story briefly here.

Story

Vanadia is a planet that is equivalent to 16th century earth. However, there are secret societies which are beginning to learn the art of "Science". In one such "science lab" there is a test subject who is though to have immense power in him. The power is dubbed "God Hand". One day, the test subject breaks out of the facility and kills everything in his way while he is escaping. Now he is wanted by the facility, who have dispatched a band of deadly warriors known as the "Crimson Riot" to capture him.

Characters

-Varsh-

Varsh is a young man living in the port town of Nimavil. He was born in a far off land but one day he found himself outside Nimavil with no recollection of how he got there. He made the best of it and started to make a living in Nimavil, hoping to make enough money to get back to his home one day.

-Aerin-

Aerin is a student of the world famous "Sky Dragon School". Having no parents, she was found by the master of the school when she was little, The master took her in, and when she was just five years old, she expressed her desire to learn the art of "Dragon Flash", a technique only taught by the Sky Dragon School. Whats more, Aerin does these techniques with a two-handed sword, when it is supposed to be done with a one-handed sword. Even her master is amazed.

-Rikivan-

Riki is a mysterious figure. He showed up one day to help Varsh, and they've been together ever since. He never talks about himself, so it's hard to find out anything about him.

This is the Video

ScreenShots

once again, the town and everything is a TEST BED to test the custom dialog systems, the minimap functions, the NPC "talkable" switches and the random encounter handlers. I know it's "square" and empty, but hopefully it will all be fixed!

And another thing, the minimap, if you don't like it, you can toggle it on and off anytime.

Soon I hope to finish a demo and put it here. Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:09:19 PM by Modern Algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
Try this to post Youtube videos:
Code: [Select]
[youtube=425,350]9QavlSSkwJM[/youtube]
You just put in the group of letters/numbers at the end of the url.

Anyway, from what I see, looks cool. Albeit, your maps could use a little work. They're a bit empty.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:17:07 AM by Revo »

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Revo...

once again, the town and everything is a TEST BED to test the custom dialog systems, the minimap functions, the NPC "talkable" switches and the random encounter handlers. I know it's "square" and empty, but hopefully it will all be fixed!

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks for the tip, I fixed the video!

Rep:
Level 88
Revo...

Oh wow, totally missed that. Sorry, please ignore that comment.

Rep:
Level 84
Haha, once again aten delivers. keep it coming man.

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I just noticed this was in the wrong section so I moved it :)
It has screenshots even a video and clearly not a new project

Rep:
Level 84
Heavens no, I've been working on this for more then a year!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:14:49 PM by Aten »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
OK, I am so sorry for my negligence - this project has been chosen as Project of the Month for February. Nessiah chose it like a month and a half ago and it totally slipped my mind. I was late on the draw so I will leave this as POTM probably for a week into March. Anyway, congratulations, the project looks great!

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Wow that is awesome!! Keep up the good job!

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
Yeah, this project looks amazing. It shows 2k3 can still make better games than XP can with a script.
The tales style battle looks good so far, I'm sure you've got more active enemies by now. Anyways, I'll give this a play when you finish.

- -

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
this project looks absolutely orgasmic. 
I'm just floored.
brilliant work, this is 100% deserving of POTM

Yeah, this project looks amazing. It shows 2k3 can still make better games than XP can with a script.
The tales style battle looks good so far, I'm sure you've got more active enemies by now. Anyways, I'll give this a play when you finish.

I think this could be pulled off in XP (given enough work), but that's not what this thread is about.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
I just got an email about this 5 minutes ago! Thanks for the honors though! I have finished doing SO MANY things now on this and I'm on the process of making more enemies.

Theres a new video on youtube if anyone wants to see it. (though it's old now haha)

Rep:
Level 84
I'm just updating you guys. The game has gone through a LOT OF changes since this original topic. This post is just to gather some intel, that is, would anyone be interested in playing a demo? If so, then I can post one in this thread.

Rep:
Level 85
I would >w</

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!

I love the menu and fighting style, it's so cool looking!

I'm liking the story as well...especially the "Crimson Riot" lol
Real cool. I can't wait to see this game fully developed and done.
Winter is Coming