RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX]Seraphim Project (Last Update 11-03-2008)

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I'm just posting this since someone requested :x

READ ME FIRST
Spoiler for READ THIS:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
-Don\'t ask me when it\'s listed here or I\'ll ignore you.-

When is it going to be released?
No date at all, in fact, it\'s in early development, I always, ALWAYS hear this and it\'s getting tiring, specially if I just answered this question and the next poster would ask the same question again consecutively that it\'s ridiculous. Sorry guys, unless I got some super skills and time doesn\'t exist this won\'t get finish any time soon.

Where are you making this?

Rpgmaker VX, I\'m thinking of changing to AGM if it\'s released though

Is it for the pc?

Yes.

Why is it episode 2?

Basically, we\'re doing it in non chronological order (Think of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or even the Department Heaven Series themselves), Episode 1 was actually being made before but it got wiped during an HD wipeout, this time I\'m making a lot of backups in case my HD crash, so yeah.

Do I need to play Riviera The Promised Land before playing this game?

Unfortunately, to understand this game more, it\'s better if you played the original. Umm it\'s not that hard to find actually. But I\'m trying my best to make this stand alone enough for those who played it and those who haven\'t.

Is this a sequel to Riviera: The Promised Land?

Both yes and no, to be honest it has a story on it\'s own and at the same time it is occurring at the same time and universe and has the characters of the original. We\'re not actually planning to continue the end of Riviera: The Promised Land.

What is Dept. Heaven Series?

Check these:
http://www.sting.co.jp/knights/
http://www.sting.co.jp/yggdra/
http://www.sting.co.jp/riviera/

Will you update this thread?

No because I have a devlog here: http://seraphim-project.deviantart.com

A new story will be told until that time comes you must venture upon another path to salvation.

Spoiler for Story:
Revolving around the destruction of an ancient seal lying around Heaven\'s Gate, a Grim Angel #368 has been sent to investigate the cause of destruction of the Holy Seal of Chains lying around the planes of Heaven\'s Gate and Yggdrasil that has eventually led to Riviera.

Together with an enigmatic angel with the #007, calling him Cyrus for easiest mean of communication, they went to Heaven\'s Gate only to be welcomed by an adversary.

Your Actions will determine the fate of Asgard and Riviera.

Characters
Spoiler for #367:

Title: They Loyal Pet
Hair Color: dark brown
Eye Color: Golden
Blood Type: B
Race: Grim Angel
Ultimate Weapon (OverSkill): Freyja--????
Weapon Preference: Claws, Whip, Spear
About: #367, an angel born in the holy city of Asgard, was selected by the Magi to become a Grim Angel and to investigate the incident at the Holy Seal of Chains. To become a Grim Angel and receive his Diviner, he was required to sacrifice something important. Cyrus is extremely loyal, but depending on the player, his attitude changes drastically during his mission.
Spoiler for Ein:

Title: The Wingless Angel
Hair Color: brown
Eye Color: Blue-gray
Blood Type: A
Race: Grim Angel
Ultimate Weapon (OverSkill): Einherjar--Disaresta
Weapon Preference: Swords, Rapiers, Spears, Bows, Scythes, Staves (Einherjar, Fire Emblem)
Japanese Name: Ecthel
Japanese Diviner: Excelion
About: Ein, an angel born in the holy city of Asgard, was selected by the Magi to become a Grim Angel and actuate the Retribution. To become a Grim Angel and receive Einherjar, his Diviner, Ein was required to sacrifice his wings. Though he believed in and trusted Hector, his commanding Magus, Ein had inner doubts about the decision to eradicate all life in Riviera in order to save Asgard. When he was captured by Ursula, she sensed his purity of heart and sealed his memory and powers so that he could live in Riviera and gain an understanding of the life she wanted to preserve there. Naïve and highly idealistic, Ein is deeply loyal to his friends, no matter what the circumstances are. Although he can at times seem a little slow due to his lack of experience, he is quick to catch on and has a very noble spirit. At the outset of the game, he is highly dependent on the assistance of Ledah and Rose, but he eventually displays a remarkable ability to lead. He has the potential to win the love of any of the seven supporting characters. For all his good points, however, he can be quite a pervert, if given the chance, and has spied on each of his friends bathing. Ein was actually created by the Magi specifically to become a Grim Angel, born with his future power already latent within him. His wings, when he still had them, had a greenish tinge.
Spoiler for Serene:

Title: The Brave Reaper
Hair Color: Dark blue
Eye Color: Blue
Blood Type: O
Race: Arc (Sprite)
Ultimate Weapon (OverSkill): Infinite Arc--Serene Absolute
Weapon Preference: Scythes, Spears, Claws, Swords, Rapiers, Whips
Japanese Name: N/A
Joins: Chapter 2
About: Serene is the last of the Arcs, the race of Sprites that inhabited the village of Rosalina and guarded Lacrima Castle from invasion. Her entire race was murdered by Malice, their souls stolen to fuel the revival of Seth. After somehow escaping the genocide, Serene fled to Lacrima, and led Malice on a lengthy chase over the castle walls and turrets until the Grim Angel finally caught up to her and forced her into a battle that would've resulted in her death if she hadn't fallen from the walls to come face to face with Ein, Fia, and Lina, who barely managed to fight off Malice. Hearing that the three of them were after the demons, she joined their party. A very tomboyish and practical girl, Serene finds vast amusement in playfully picking on Lina. Physically, she's the most powerful of the female characters (with the possible exception of Malice); because of the size of her wings, she cannot fly very high or very long. Serene still feels pain and guilt over the deaths of her family and friends, and her silly exterior conceals a deep maturity and solemnity within.
Spoiler for Cierra:

Title: The Scarlet Witch
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Violet
Blood Type: O
Race: Unspecified Sprite
Ultimate Weapon (OverSkill): Southern Cross--Calamity Flare
Weapon Preference: Staves, Whips, Books, Swords, Rapiers, Bows
Japanese Name: N/A
Joins: Chapter 3
About: Cierra is a journeyman-class witch who was investigating the ruins of Nelde at the same time that Ein's party traveled there to defeat the resident Accursed. When Ein and company fell through the branches of the trees that supported the ruins and into a Pelga nest, Cierra tried to "rescue" them with her magic and ended up sending all of them back to the dungeon's entrance. When Ein told her about the Accursed, she decided to join his party, as she had become separated from her "friend", Gateau, and needed to find her before the demons in the forest did. "Gateau" turned out to be none other than Rose, Ein's lost familiar--the two of them joined Ein's party for good after the incident. Though she is the oldest of the girls, Cierra tends to seem somewhat immature because of her almost Osaka-like train of thought and disasterous failures at support magic. Nevertheless, she is an extremely intelligent and powerful witch. She adopts the other girls in the party as her "younger sisters" and is very protective towards them.
Spoiler for Fia:

Title: The Kind Fencer
Hair Color: Green
Eye Color: Dark Green
Blood Type: A
Race: Unspecified Sprite
Ultimate Weapon (OverSkill): Rosier--Cadenza
Weapon Preference: Rapiers, Staves, Bows, Swords, Books, Spears (Rosary)
Japanese Name: Fiaa
Joins: Elendia, part 1
About: The daughter of Graham and a resident of Elendia, she took the amnesiac Ein in and helped him recover from his wounds from his battle with Ursula's summoned beast, Aghart. Out of worry for the Arcs of Rosalina, she and her adopted sister Lina headed to Lacrima Castle shortly after Ein was found, setting off a chain of events that led to Riviera's salvation. She's smitten with Ein from their meeting onward, and tends to be a bit of a stereotypical "anime good girl". She is very intelligent and knowledgeable about just about everything in Riviera, and is both kindhearted and reliable. She's the party's only healer, and has studied fencing from the age of six. She quickly becomes friends with every newcomer to the party, and is very positive-minded. Fia is also a priestess-in-training, and can at times use very powerful holy magic. She has a secret weakness for sweets.
Spoiler for Rose:

Rose R. Crawford
Title: Ein's Familiar
Hair/Fur Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Blood Type: B
Race: Familiar
Ultimate Weapon (OverSkill): Fire Emblem--Blazing Rose (used by Ein)
Japanese Name: Rothe
Joins: Original party member/Rejoins in Chapter 3
About: A helper assigned to Ein due to his inexperience and the gravity of his mission, Rose first met Ein in the form of a small, winged black cat. She taught him most of the basics of adventuring at the outset of his journey, and though her initial opinion of him was very low, her estimation of him gradually rises over the course of the game. After being separated from Ein, she struck out on her own, and ran into Cierra, who mistakenly fed her a magic potion that caused her to lose her ability to speak to any but Ein and his fellow angels; the Sprite girls in Ein's party hear her speech as cat's meowing. Rose's favorite pastimes are writing and picking on Ein; alone out of the girls, she tends to henpeck him a lot. Despite her position as a familiar, she desires to travel the world; if the correct conditions are fulfilled, at the end of the game, Rose is revealed in human form (see above sprite ^_^). Though she tends not to show it most of the time, she actually has fairly high faith in Ein's abilities.

P.s. The character descriptions aren't mine, I just copied it off from a riviera fansite for the sake of easy description :)

Wisps
Spoiler for See them here!:

Features
Spoiler for Battle System: WISP System:
based on Knights in the Nightmare, the WISP system, the game composes of Guardian Wisp where you obtain depending on the levels you go into (I'm thinking maybe how you interacted in Chapter 0 and 1 and a certain event will let you fight your first Guardian Wisp)

The wisp increases your stats and varies your abilities and as well as allows you to summon them via SP.
The system is the same as Valkyrie Profile/Atelier Iris/Mana Khemia. There's this "splash" effect from where depending on the positioning of the enemy you can hit all of them or depending on the level of the WISP spell it'll only affect 1 tile or something.

I was thinking of making items have skills as well like in Riviera/FF9 that for example,

Command Attack:
Einherjar - Slash - [EX-Overdrive]Disaresta (List effect)
Bronze Sword - Slash - [Overdrive Level 1] Double Slash (List effect)

I think that'll be a great variety so people can use strategy :D
The splash effect works here as well.

Items are usable too, although sometimes I wish I can add more variety to this than the usual lol items, maybe like in Diablo where items don't fully heal you instead it goes Regen-like. I think this should be fast-paced as well. I'm thinking of making weather contribute to your damage as well, such as if raining, if you use fire element, it'll weaken, if you use water element it'll get stronger, and there's this elemental relationship system like...

Wind strengthens fire
Wind strengthens water
water strengthens wind
fire weakens wind
Earth weakens water (vice versa)
Water weakens fire
fire weakens water
etc.
Spoiler for Riviera Map System:
You can't move freely instead you have look and move mode.
Move mode is initiated and you can go to passable areas.
Look mode allows you to observe your surroundings and as well as discover new areas, some areas can only be accessible with "TP" (Trigger Points). This is a more interactive similar to adventure games

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Userbar

Code: [Select]
[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,29510.msg366236.html#msg366236][img]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/679/seraphprojuserbarcopyjm1.png[/img][/url]

Code: [Select]
[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,29510.msg366236.html#msg366236][img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/710/seraphprojuserbarcopytmfl4.png[/img][/url]

Updates will go here: http://seraphim-project.deviantart.com
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:58:50 AM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2010 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
This looks great. I love the facesets - great artwork. Anyway, this is a very promising project and I'm looking forward to a demo.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I agree with Modern.
The artwork is great and it does look great.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
A demo will take a while since my faceset/portrait artist got sick and yeah, as much as I want to draw the rest, her style differs and she wants to draw them all so x.x

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
are you doing maps the same way Riviera did?
how about the battle system?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
:3
This game looks amazing! I look forward to seeing this completed.  :D
:dalton:

Rep:
Level 85
@Namkcor, the battle system will be like Atelier Iris/Mana Khemia/Valkyrie Profile halo. We're making it fast paced as the main focal point is the story :)

As for the maps, well, if we manage to do a complete set of walking you can move around, but if we lack the time we'll make it the same.

@Otter, hey, thanks :D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
sounds good, I hope to see some good results from this project :)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
I just updated the screenshot section.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
That background map is ripped straight from Tales of Eternia.

Rep:
Level 85
As I said for the hundredth time it's a place holder.
I thought it's common sense considering TOE IS A POPULAR GAME *Shrugs*
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 10:36:12 AM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
As I said for the hundredth time it's a place holder.
I thought it's common sense considering TOE IS A POPULAR GAME *Shrugs*

Chill out, fireball.

Rep:
Level 85
Not sure if anyone still cares, but here's a small update:

Status Screen sprite

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
*wonders why no one hasn't replied*

Ingrates who has not post to say something! >__>;; (lol)

Nessiah, The sprite looks awesome. The scyth looks like a Eagle in a way :p

Rep:
Level 85
Thank you Caro XD
I just updated the screenshots section :>

Rep:
Level 94
Not sure if anyone still cares, but here's a small update:

Status Screen sprite

Beautiful. It would be awesome if you could animate this, but it would be hard and painstaking.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2010 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
It looks cool. Nice work Nessiah.

Rep:
Level 85
Thank you! Unfortunately they are stuck as status sprites only :<
here's another one
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 09:16:18 PM by Nessiah »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Those . . . look soo awesome. >___<;; can I ask, did you, do them yourself? if so, I envy you!!! <kyuu>

Rep:
Level 85
Yes I did them :>

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
A few questions.

Spoiler for:
When is it going to be released?

Where are you making this?

Is it for the pc?

Why is it episode 2?

Do I need to play Riviera The Promised Land before playing this game?

Is this a sequel to Riviera: The Promised Land?

What is Dept. Heaven Series?

Will you update this thread?

Rep:
Level 85
Nice try troll :P

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I'm not going to lie those look great...I mean really great, I like the scythe also.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Nice try troll :P
I was seeing if you'd ignore me, which you didn't =c

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Yes I did them :>
I have been left speechless :=

:p It looks professional to tell the truth.