RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX]Project Leviathan

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008

Leviathan has two chapters in it, the first chapter as a prologue while the second provides more details and answers.
With the first chapter finished and the second chapter in production, I thought I should make a decent topic for the project now.

PROJECT COMPLETION : 65%  :)

There was once a prosperous and powerful kingdom, the Azure Kingdom of Atlen. It vanished without a trace and its existence
was wiped off the world of Esviore without a trace. What's left of the Kingdom of Atlen are their memories, their aspirations, and their...secrets.
Stored in Atlen Lithographs, these priceless ancient artifacts offer knowledge and enlightenment to all those who manage to find and decipher them.
Archaeologists, explorers, collectors, soldiers, and pirates alike all aims to obtain these priceless artifacts for knowledge, power, or wealth.

A few hundred years after this disappearance, the people of Esviore no longer possess any knowledge about the Kingdom of Atlen.
Those who knew about it, see it as a myth. A mere legend. Chosen as a representative from the Esviore Heritage Association,
you are to venture into the deepest parts of Soldew Island and reach a rumored relic, that is said to be built by
the Kingdom of Atlen., - the Soldew Atelier. Your arrival at Soldew Island will mark a path that you must take, a path once walked by oracles.

Your fate shall turn as you move closer to your destination...

Supporting characters are not listed below, only Main Characters.

Player
You are a member of the Esviore Heritage Association, an organization dedicated to preserving the rich history
and culture all around the world of Esviore. Many of the members are spread out accross the continents, each
with their own duties and assignments. The player will be able to choose their gender and name their characters to their liking.

Gigs
Gigs has the blood of pirates running in his veins, giving him a fierce and mischievous exterior.
However, beneath this rough exterior is an intelligent, knowledgeable, and caring person.
Gigs is one who will travel any path to reach his goals and will readily abandon everything he posseses to
achieve something of interest.

During the player's first encounter with Gigs, he manages to dominate and regain the control of his mind from
the Oracle of Deluge, Sinclair. This domination grants him the power to control certain water elements around him.

Oraclinus
The Oracle of Frost, Oraclinus traded his soul to obtain the body of a demon in order to amplify his magical strength.
After being imprisoned by the Arch-Oracle for suspicion of betrayal along with Sinclair and another oracle,
he is imprisoned within a magic-ressistant gem. Trapped within the gem for hundreds of years,
Oraclinus is at last released from his prison by the player who ventured deep within Soldew Atelier.

Unlike the Oracle of Deluge, Sinclair who tries to take control of Gigs; Oraclinus considers himself merely
as a passenger in the body of the player - guiding and assisting the player when most needed.
He grants the power of frost to the player as a gift...or is it a bribe?

The screenshots below are the most recent, I've only put up a few because I don't want to spoil the rest of the game.  ;)
I might post some more screenshots later.

Scripts
Kylock - Light Effects
Woratana - Quick Face Border & Neo Save System
KGC - Extended Equip Scene
Vlad - Crissaegrim ABS
Moghunter - Title Scene & Location Popup
modern algebra - Paragraph Formatter, Paralax Horizon, Dynamic Sound Emissions & Quest Journal
Svykal - Cogwheel Menu Bars
DeadlyDan - Footsteps

Voice Acting
midori boushi no caj
Zen444

Special Thanks
Enterbrain, for creating RM's.
AĆ«rendyll, for Gigs' alternate sprite recolor
Zylos, for complicated Advanced Puzzles
modern algebra, for script helps and supports
2dgamestudio, for giving constant feedback and morale
Photoshop, for being better than MSPaint.

-----

P.S.
You can also check out my blog (link in my sig), for regular updates and tutorials.
There's a download link of an old teaser in my blog, so if anyone's interested to play the teaser - you know where to find it. :)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:55:16 AM by modern algebra »
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
This looks pretty sweet. I played a bit of the first one, until the point where you couldn't continue on anymore =\
Hopefully, people new to the series can get the story, since it's now impossible for anyone to beat the first one >.<

- -

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Glad to see this is finally here. I saw the old teaser which was awesome.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
This looks pretty sweet. I played a bit of the first one, until the point where you couldn't continue on anymore =\
Hopefully, people new to the series can get the story, since it's now impossible for anyone to beat the first one >.<
Thanks for the comment, MrMoo ;8

Glad to see this is finally here. I saw the old teaser which was awesome.
Well, I figured it's about time I made a topic for the project. Thanks, Ruzu!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Christ, you're like a one-man awesome RPG factory

I like the sound of it 'n' it looks real sweet, I'll be playing it when it's done
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It looks great. I seem to remember a topic about this game, or maybe a trailer or something and stuff. Anyway, it looks good.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Hey, I'm looking forward to this leventhan. the game looks good from what you have posted there, And i'll probably try it  ;8

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Christ, you're like a one-man awesome RPG factory

I like the sound of it 'n' it looks real sweet, I'll be playing it when it's done
Thanks Skanker! ^_^
Oh, and sorry about the other project *winkwink*, it's currently on hold because script problems. :(

It looks great. I seem to remember a topic about this game, or maybe a trailer or something and stuff. Anyway, it looks good.
Thanks modern, there is in fact another topic but it was only to get feedback in the intro.
I figured I had to make a whole new topic for the project.  ;)

Hey, I'm looking forward to this leventhan. the game looks good from what you have posted there, And i'll probably try it  ;8
Thanks for your enthusiasm, kitkatkan. Hope you'll enjoy it when the game is finished.
I have no intentions of abandoning it after I got this far. :lol:

Rep:
Level 85
:3
I love the lighting on the second screenshot! And the mapping is superb, considering that it's RMVX. There wouldn't happen to be a demo lying around somewhere that I'm just not seing, is there?
:dalton:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I love the lighting on the second screenshot! And the mapping is superb, considering that it's RMVX. There wouldn't happen to be a demo lying around somewhere that I'm just not seing, is there?
Why thanks you, Playful Otter. ^_^
There's an old teaser in my blog, I'll look for the link for you.

Here: http://leventhan.wordpress.com/2008/08/17/project-leviathan-teaser-v12-out/

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
you're using the name 'Gigs' again?

that aside, this looks good, I hope the ABS actually works properly in this game.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
:3
That teaser was awesome! It makes me feel so inadequate with my RPG Maker skills.  :'(
:dalton:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
you're using the name 'Gigs' again?

that aside, this looks good, I hope the ABS actually works properly in this game.
Well I guess.  :P
And the ABS works well, a lot better than the last one.  :)

That teaser was awesome! It makes me feel so inadequate with my RPG Maker skills.  :'(
Thank you, hard work pays off I guess. :)
But don't feel bad.  :(

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah, the last time, your stats in ABS and in Menu were completely different, the Menu never updated, and unless you re-set your skills after changing maps, the HUD dissappeared

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
The ABS script has since been updated, so most of the bugs has been fixed now.  ;8
It was a havoc back then.  >:(

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yeah, no doubt.
I look forward to your work.
I haven't seen good VX maps in any games but yours xD

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Sweet, now I can bash PoTM.

Looks decent, but not amazing. The characters sound interesting, but I'm not a fan of the whole silent protagonist, which I assume you're using, am I wrong? Either way, I don't like the idea of both characters having an inner struggle with some oracle, but it can probably be pulled off. Other than that, it would be nice for more information on the world.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Sweet, now I can bash PoTM.

Looks decent, but not amazing. The characters sound interesting, but I'm not a fan of the whole silent protagonist, which I assume you're using, am I wrong? Either way, I don't like the idea of both characters having an inner struggle with some oracle, but it can probably be pulled off. Other than that, it would be nice for more information on the world.

I'm not sure about the silent protagonist part, but only Gigs has the internal struggle thing going on, and that only seems temporary, as to give a reason for them meeting up and fighting or something (from what I can see).

A bit more on the world would be nice, but after playing Sunken Oculus, I'm not terribly worried about Leventhan's storytelling capabilities.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I think I may have read it wrong, it looks like the oracle in the player is just a passenger, as long as it stays that way it should be fine, I just would hate to see both main characters have the inner struggle.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Just bumping to let people now this is still ON. Have a screenshot.  ;8

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The HUD looks great

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
agreed, that HUD is beautiful.

Way to go Lev, showing people that VX isn't useless  ;8

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
The HUD looks great
Yay ;8

agreed, that HUD is beautiful.

Way to go Lev, showing people that VX isn't useless  ;8
Thanks NAMKCOR! :lol:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Right, I'm going to give an secret unofficial 2+ hours demo to people who are interested.
Please give feedback and constructive criticism to help improve the game even further.  ;8

Post here if you are interested, I'm going to post a download link tomorrow. c:
I think I have polished it well enough, despite it getting rusty in the story part - and it still needs more puzzles.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 03:48:39 PM by Leventhan »