RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project Leviathan Teaser v1.2 out!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008

Download Here (12.9MB)

This is actually an old project that I abandoned, but I revived it yesterday.

The above link contains the intro of the game "Project Leviathan" and I need feedback! You can also find some maps and events I've made.
Also, I'm looking for an eventer for puzzles in the game. ;8

I do hope I can finish it, there's already a load of maps in there ;-;

EDIT:The above teaser is the old teaser, you can download the new teaser from my blog RMVXTUTS
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 03:06:43 AM by Leventhan »
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I love it, but it felt a little annoying having to manually move the text along. Try using some \. (wait) and some \^ (pause skip), and it'll move a little smoother, I think. Also, PM me what sort of puzzles you'd like and I might be able to do something.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
PM'd you.

Rep:
Level 85
I can't see any of the text; is there a certain font I need to have?
yes!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Oh yeah, actually yes. You can download the Freebooter font below. ;8
Freebooter Font

Rep:
Level 85
Awesome piece of music. Very serene, very nice choice. I would try to differentiate the intro music and the title screen music. Oh, also, BADASS title screen, I really dig it.

Honest criticism, I couldn't really follow what was being told to me in the intro. I think you could very easily condense the introduction text into something a little less drawn out in order to capture the attention of your reader. (for instance, I think I counted four different message boxes that basically said "The kingdom disappeared".. one is enough, imo  ;)).

Other than that, it looks and sounds really great. I'd like to see some gameplay for sure. It sounds like you have a definite solid intro going.
yes!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Awesome piece of music. Very serene, very nice choice. I would try to differentiate the intro music and the title screen music. Oh, also, BADASS title screen, I really dig it.

Honest criticism, I couldn't really follow what was being told to me in the intro. I think you could very easily condense the introduction text into something a little less drawn out in order to capture the attention of your reader. (for instance, I think I counted four different message boxes that basically said "The kingdom disappeared".. one is enough, imo  ;)).

Other than that, it looks and sounds really great. I'd like to see some gameplay for sure. It sounds like you have a definite solid intro going.
You just made my day, narcodis ^_^ *cries*

Glad you liked the title screen, took quite some time to plan it out and made the materials from scratch. Everything is custom.

I'll take your suggestions into consideration, it is a bit too long. I'll condense it into a more bite-sized form.  :)

So far, I have no problem at all in mapping (this project is a revived project so I already have a crapload of good useable maps) but the progress is going quite steadily - a bit slow though as I have academic commitments too. The gameplay would use an Action Battle System without any random encounters. It focuses on exploration and puzzles.

Once again, thanks.

EDIT:lol thanks MA *punches own head*
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:32:04 PM by Lynx »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Jis name's narcodis Leventhan :P Downloading now.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Jis name's narcodis Leventhan :P Downloading now.
Hope you like it. :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I liked it. It's very well presented and the title screen is nice too.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I liked it. It's very well presented and the title screen is nice too.
Thanks MA ;8

Rep:
Level 87
If only life had HDR lighting... (sigh)
the letter "y" in lower case is cut off at the bottom.
I like the intro, am I correct in assuming that this is the sequel to sunken oculus?
As has been mentioned, the intro crawls on a little. And a suggestion: When the text says the "books of atlan" or whatever have been lost, leave it at that. There's no need to mention that someone will find them. Show that through your narration and game.

I really look forward to your game!
P.s. I love the title, is there a way to make the controls on the main screen left and right, rather than up and down?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
the letter "y" in lower case is cut off at the bottom.
I like the intro, am I correct in assuming that this is the sequel to sunken oculus?
As has been mentioned, the intro crawls on a little. And a suggestion: When the text says the "books of atlan" or whatever have been lost, leave it at that. There's no need to mention that someone will find them. Show that through your narration and game.

I really look forward to your game!
P.s. I love the title, is there a way to make the controls on the main screen left and right, rather than up and down?
Your support is very appreciated, monkofevil.

I'm keeping the font nevertheless, even though it's crappy. ;8
Taking the suggestions into consideration, thanks for that.

Any kind of support is important for me to finish up this project, even though I'm only targeting around 6 hours of gameplay.  ;8
Hm, maybe it's time for me to make userbars...

The title screen is intended to make a lasting first impression, hope it works well.
I made a topic in the scripts help section on how to switch the title controls, seems like people are quite bothered by this. :-\

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Sweeeeet deal! I am downloading this asap and will leave some feedback tomorrow.  ;)

Rep:
Level 87
If only life had HDR lighting... (sigh)
Cool mo beans.
I've had no time between a HL2 machinima and an mod. Plus an Open Source RTS my brother and I are working on, I'm glad I found the Sunken Oculus was done though.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
RMVXTUTS
Visit my blog and download the newest teaser v1.2 !

Yes, it's out - due to the number of comments and critics I received I've gotten enough stuff to improve on...and here it is!
You will not be dissapointed.^_^