RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Demo: Second Reality- Reflections

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Plotttt:
In a typical fish-out-of-water story, Adam and his dad suddenly find themselves in a strange forest, having been only been driving down an empty road minutes just minutes before. They are quickly separated, and Adam moves to find his father. Within seconds, he is stopped by a young girl holding a knife to his throat.
This place is not Earth, she says. But a second planet, made in the image of Earth.
With passing day, Adam finds himself more and more ensnared in an attempted genocide to the human race on Earth, and he becomes the only potential savior for a world on the brink of war and chaos. Quickly, the conflict escalates further, threatening to destroy one or more worlds, God, or even the concept of Reality itself.

The demo includes Chapters 1 and 2
In Chapter 1: The echoing voice- Somewhere after it all began (approx length 45 min), we meet some of the key players in the story, and the adventure begins with  Adam trying to reclaim his father from an unknown Hunting Party dispatched by the Royal Family. He must find the men who nabbed him and win back his dad.
In Chapter 2: Double symphony- What is the land that you called home? (approx length 2-3 hours), the primary exposition is released and Adam and Melody become locked into the stalemate of Aryon, and with his dad now far out of reach, he has little option but to convince the Prince, who has enslaved most of the kingdom, to release his father.

BTW, I suck at summaries.

Screens:

TRAILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24d4j3nh9T0

DEMO LINK:
Download (30 MB)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This looks good. I will check out the demo when I have some time. For now, it meets requirements so I will move it to the main section.

Updates and such:

Battle Demo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_5OY4GRKY
That's the first battle in chapter three. Too bad it didn't record the sound. V_V

The official website of the game is fully functional- A little empty, but functional none the less: http://www.woadev.com/sr/

A couple more screens from the intro to chapter three:

And the styles system is now coded- depending on what element styles you set (unlockable both through side-quests and the main story) you can recieve different field and battle bonuses. There are 12 possible styles.

....And yeah, I'm going to be changing the message boxes soon, with any luck.

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
Looks interesting. But why did you use fire emblem rips/edits for your characters?
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
This is what i is talking about..a nice Rm2k/3 game ^_^
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
goodtimess
This story seems so epic, I don't even know whats goin' on. Trailer looks great btw! I'm gunna download the demo soontimes for sure.  :police:
What the?
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I like the FE style, and they're easy to edit, and pretty high quality. What's to lose?

I'm getting ready to release the next demo, soon. Anyone wants beta, they should say so soon.

http://www.woadev.com/sr/index.php?act=dnld

Third chapter is up for download. 2k3 fonts are there too, if they're needed. No RTP or 2k3 install required.

I'll go ahead and say this now, as my general disclaimer- this is not a game for impatient people, or action junkies.
 This does not promise a fast paced BANG BANG BANG system. It does not promise to go from area to area with a quick efficient explanation between.
 In fact, it promises the opposite of that.
 It intends to be a deep and incredibly complex plot in an immersive world. It's been referred to as 'The Xenosaga of RM' a few times. No, it doesn't have hour long cut-scenes, don't worry, but for an RM game, it has long ones. If that sort of thing bothers you, this game is probably not for you.
 What this does promise, however, is an increasingly customizable character for your taking, many side quests and hidden goodies, and dungeons that will start at basic crawlers, but end-up in massive 50-100 map riddles with puzzles and challenges at every turn.
 Some people love it, some people hate it.

Here are a few more third chapter screens. Also shows the fixed message box-

Also, there's now a IRC channel for the game. http://www.woadev.com/sr/chat/

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
http://www.woadev.com/sr/index.php?act=dnld

Third chapter is up for download. 2k3 fonts are there too, if they're needed. No RTP or 2k3 install required.

Seriously!?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Yeah, it's standalone. o.o Is that really a big shock or were you being sarcastic?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Cool. I'm downloading.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.