RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Question about actor/class manupulation [RMXP]

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Okay, this IS a good question.  Can't find a single thing on it, and noone seems to have ventured this far.

OK.  One fo the big things in my game is going to be the character.  Class, gender, skills, etc.  I have successfully made it to where the game will recognize the character's class and gender.  I've also made sure if I have to change the actor's sprite for any reason, it'll 'remember' which sprite to go back to.

My problem is now how Class is going to be affected in the game.  The only actor in the databes 001...we'll call it 'spirit' is set to be nothing.  By default, until i find out whtelse needs to be done, he begins as a Fighter.  I noticed, on the premade actors, you can manipulate the amount of increases to stats (parameters) and EXP curve...  How am I going to handle this now?  How do i set it so when 'spirit' chooses what class it's going to be, it also gets all the different curves and parameters.  In playing around with all this...  it looks like I'm stuck with everyone, no matter the class, to use the same parameters and curves...

Any thoughts?  Anyone want me to post the game file I've built so far?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 03:15:42 PM by Zeriab »

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Okay...ample enough time to bump.

I also had some more info that might help.

Myunderstanding, when you start the game, you control (mostly) Actor 001.  Is there a way to make you solely control Actor 002, 003, 004...  So far I have only been able to set all the parameters and stuff for Actor 001 to a neutral amount...  But that is no the point of different classes.  If I can just force an Actor switch...  I could stop di----- uhmmm....  playing around with this part of may game and actually mvoe on to other things.

Again, You time, whoever and to all who answer is much appreciated.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I think you've already figured this out, but you can change actors via a command in the Event Command List