RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Anathema

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Anathema

Story

“No suffering befalls the man who calls nothing his own.”

The story is set around the fall of the Scarlet Potentate and the return of the announced chosen ones.

The story spins around the journey of a single man, Ezekiel Mor’ithil, a man troubled by his past and currently working as a mercenary in the rogue lands. He hides a terrible secret, he is one of the Chosen Ones, one of Sons of the Timeless Light, for that he was forced to abandon everything, and everyone to escape from the Scarlet Potentate and the destiny reserved for those touched by the Timeless Light, death.

Now, Ezekiel, fights not only against whatever enemies fate reserves for him, but against himself, trying to discover if it is a blessing or a curse this newfound power.

Characters

Ezekiel Mor'ithil
Current Profession: Mercenary @ Rogue Lands
Bio:
Ezekiel comes from one of the Potentate’s most important houses, House Mor’ithil. As such he was instructed as what his position demanded, as one of the Scarlet Nobles, and his family awaited with great expectation his Scarlet Ascendancy (the Scarlet Potentate also has Chosen Ones, also called Ascendants), but it’s families dream were ruined when, one night, the Timeless Light touched him and chose him as one of the Champions. As law demanded he was pursued, his loved-ones, his friends now were all enemies, and demanded his blood. Humiliated, beaten and broken he quickly fled the Potentate lands in direction of the Rogue Lands, but even then the Witch Hunters pursue him. Now he must do everything to survive, he will use his newfound power to gain money.

Ezekiel is a man of few words, his demeanour ironic and insensitive, the typical anti-hero, caring not about the high virtues and even less about the Chosen crusade against the Scarlet Potentate; he merely wishes to live a peaceful live. Thou, it seems that is out of his hand.

Off: Since Anathema will be a Action RPG no other playable characters are planned.

Features
- Custom sprites and battle animations
- A intuitive battle system (action rpg)
- A custom menu
- A non-linear storyline, you can just perform the different missions that are in the local Guild stands or Bars
- The Moral system: You own your destiny, you are not restricted to be a good guy? Why not be a bad guy?
- The Choosen Path: Choose your path as you advance, what will your Choosen Power be, a knowledge of the Circles? A master of war? A rogue?

Comments
For know it's only me here, working as both Scenario, Mapper and Spriter :P, but I inteend to open a recruitment topic for people interested in helping in this project .

Off: Sorry for my english I am not a native speaker ^^u

Rep:
Level 88
goodtimess
I like the choose to be good or bad type things. goodluck.
What the?
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
How bad are we talking about? Like feed a baby to a dog bad?

Also Ezekiel Mor'ithil sounds like a serious bad ass, Love how you also made his bio into like a little novel.

Good Luck.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Basically there will be a level were the power of the Exaltation are such that you will be like a minor city, so if you choose the bad way, prolly you could raze a town or two.

P.d: I don't know if it can be done in XP but I was trying to perhaps give the world a bigger Ai by making them construct cities and towns. if it's possible I will try to implement, more things = more things to destroy!

Rep:
Level 87
Variables, and eventing, LOTS of eventing. Theres probably a way to do it with a script, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, in terms of variables, some needs for sure:

1. You need 1 variable for each city you plan on creating (theres 5000, so I think you'll be ok..)
2. You need multiple maps for each city (different stages of construction)

Then you could just put a event on the world map looking something like this.

Conditional Branch
    If variable 'Sea Town' is equal to '1':
              Teleport to '(random location here)'
Else
(leave blank)
End

Conditional Branch
    If variable 'Sea Town' is equal to '2':
              Teleport to '(random location here)'
Else
(leave blank again)
End

Ect.

Here's a little expansion about the blessings of the Timeless Light and the chastes:

Every chaste has a different function, and they are portrayed by a symbol in their foreheads. This symbols is not normally seen, but only when the user consumes energy in some ammounts will the symbol glow in different patters.

The Timeless Light avatar is Garda, the Sun Bird, a symbol that is also forbidden and sacrilegeous.

Valorous Sun:
The symbol is a rising sun, their animal toten is the Bull. The Scarlet Potentate calls them the "Enforcers".
The warriors and generals of the Chosen Ones. They are very outfitted for battle, having different Charms to burst their strength, vitality and dextery. They also have melee techniques that even defeat the sturdiest of oponents.

Virtuous Sun:
Their symbol is a Sun in it's Zenith their animal totem is the Eagle, they are called by the Scarlet Potentate as "Blasphemers"
They are the monks and preachers of the Timeless Light word. They are a sort of a hybrid class, combining both Charms and Circle Spells of a low and medium level and Mind Charms.

Mutating Sun:
Their symbol is half a Sun wth a litle circle in the middle their animal totem is the Snake, they are called by the Scarlet Potentate as "Heretics".
They are the mages and wizards of the Timeless Light. They use not charms but the different Spells of the Circles. They also create a unique item called Manses from normal gems. They enhance different atributes.

Elusive Sun:
Their symbol is the halo of the sun, their animal totem is the Raven, they are called by the Scarlet Potentate as "Betrayers".
They are the rogues and assassins of the Timeless Light. They pursue all evil from the shadows, their charms enhancing their elusiveness and dextery. They can also use their power to stealth.

Charismatic Sun:
Their symbol is a small sun casting it's rays, their animal totem is the Monkey, they are called by the Scarlet Potentate as "Mind-corrupters"
They are the performers, artists and diplomats of the Timeless Light. Their charms revolve generally across enhancing stats or npc-pc relation, thus being able to get better rewards with their powers. They are a hybrid-hybrid class, since they have similarities between the members of the Virtuous Sun and the Elusive Sun
*Since in the Rogue Lands, being a Chosen One is not Anathema, you can make profit by performing in towns of village as a bard or acrobat

Hope you like it, opinions?

Update!!![/u]

Thanks to Yasunoshirabe[/u] for this awesome artwork, I'm lucky to have you by my side m8 ;)

Anyways this is Ezekiel Mor'ithil, our (anti)hero, at least his first concept.

P.d:

We still need experienced scripters and eventers, come on people join and be part of this project =)

Rep:
Level 86
Apricot bites? Waffo!
Hee, you spelt my name wrong.

YasoNoShirabe : ]

I know it's like.. Yasoukyoku..  for Nocturne, but they shortened it, so I did too. : ]

Jus' call me Yaso.

Music go lala...
://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u114/mirror_reflect/sigsig1.jpg[/img]

Hee hee...

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Update!!![/u]

Thanks to Yasunoshirabe[/u] for this awesome artwork, I'm lucky to have you by my side m8 ;)

Anyways this is Ezekiel Mor'ithil, our (anti)hero, at least his first concept.

P.d:

We still need experienced scripters and eventers, come on people join and be part of this project =)

AWESOME AWESOME WORK!
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
Ok, just to let you know...if he turns evil, you must add a monocle, you know, those single eye glass things that the Monopoly Man has. He just looks so perfect to have a monocle.

You got me hooked.

I could kinda/sorta event for your RPG, especially send up your developing towns with ease, and probably create an event system that can reflect this. I have a feeling your RPG will be epic.

So, my offers in the air.

Well I have added you agemmennon :D (I am Xanatos96@hotmail.com)

Prolly on friday you'll have the first sprites of the game, since I have wednesday a Chemistry exam at the university and a field trip Thursday wich severely set me back in my spriting.