RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
suggestion (not for my own needs)

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
I'm basically Yoda's brother
i have a suggestion (not for my own needs) that someone makes a custom item inventory that's just for items (not weapons or armmor etc.). becasue the weapons and aromor can be veiwed at the equip screen.

- at the bottem of the screen there is a red 5x10 grid where the items go (kind of like the diablos inventory).
- at the middle and top of the screen it shows what it does (hp restored, hp % restored, sp restored, sp % restored, stat increases, sell value etc.
- you can select the item on the grid to use it, throw it away, and move it.
- in the script, people can easly edit the script to choose what items, take up how many boxes (max = 10x5). in this format or similar:
Code: [Select]
Item id. 1 = 1x1 squares
Item id. 2 = 2x1 squares
Item id. 3 = 3x5 squares
Item id. 4 = 2x2 squares
Item id. 5 = 1x2 squares
- if the player gets an item and there is not enough room in his/her item inventory, the item in his/her inventory that costs the least (besides ones that can't be sold: 0 gold) gets removed. but that's not a very good idea, so you might want to give them a choice of which item to remove or something.

i think this would be a great idea for an item inventory

just so everyone knows, im 15 years old.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Diablo II inventory.

already been done.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I don't know, Namkcor. This seems like Diablo II inventory with more stuff added on. :P In the Diablo II, I don't think you could have set the item size and such.

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
Maybe like pokemon? where when u catch a pokemon with 6 already in your inventory, you can beam it  to ure PC ? only for your idea make it like a bank?
FF-11 was a tough game, but i beat it! with the help of friends :) www.geocities.com/farflong41

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I requested something like this some time ago and no-one replied ;9
Except I requested for weapons and armor to appear in it :P
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Diablo II inventory? what is that?

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Diablo II inventory? what is that?
where can one find it? my brother needs it

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
use search, or use search at hbgames.org
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
i did both, couldnt find it

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 08:03:38 PM by Jalkson »

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
no, no, no, i found that. but i didnt find the Diablo II inventory
that's the Diablo inventory. i thought you meant a different one called: Diablo II inventory ??? :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hrrm...

I am doing something similar for this for my own needs, but it will be more like Betrayal at Krondor then Diablo. I was disappointed with the Diablo Inventory System for a few reasons, so I will be trying my hand at something like this. Significant differences would include:

• Size customizability
  • Loot Screen (rather then just getting items put into the inventory automatically, it will bring you to a screen where you can rearrange your own stuff and  take just what you want from the bodies or chest.
  • An option to set pictures to the items, instead of just the icons.
  • You can equip items through this screen

However, I won't be customizing it directly to your specifications you suggest (like the 5 x 10 grid), since I am just making it for my own game. I will share it though, and you can get another scripter to customize it if you wish, or maybe if I am not busy I can. It might take a while though. I'm going on vacation soon, and so if I don't get it done before then it won't be done for at least a month.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
no, no, no, i found that. but i didnt find the Diablo II inventory
that's the Diablo inventory. i thought you meant a different one called: Diablo II inventory ??? :)

Diablo's inventory is the same as Diablo II's inventory ???

good luck with that modern, I hope it works for ya

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm doing good so far. I already have the windows set up with a flawless* optimization method (even rotates the item), and once I set up the interaction it will be finished. I might even be able to finish before I go on vacation.

* no known bugs yet

Rep:
Level 88
Menu & Battle System Guru
i have a suggestion (not for my own needs) that someone makes a custom item inventory...i think this would be a great idea for an item inventory

Wow, if that isn't the biggest load I've ever heard. Not to mention pathetic.  :o ROFL Not only did you say it was just a suggestion, but also mention it was for "your brother". But THEN you go into explaining it down to the T. Wow.

Anywaaaaaay, the system you suggested is over at CA. Just search Diablo Menu. With the slightest modifications you can make it fit your requests. It would probably take you less effort to take the time and play with RGSS and figure things out for yourself. It's called Trial and Error.

Not to say that it's not okay to request help, I've personally asked Blizz on several occassion for help, but that has only been when I've been absolutely stumped. If you plan on making a game with RMXP, you have to become familiar with it and understand the language. You wouldn't fake a resume, get a job, and then ask everyone around you how to do your job. You'd come prepared and willing to put the effort into being good at your job. -Rep big time

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Another thing, the topic title says that it's not for your own needs, yet you went and requested it in my script shop O_o
Sincerely,
Your conscience.