RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] My Anime Styled Drawings

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
They're BIG, so I'm just going to give you the links:
Girl in PINK T_T - http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51204972/
Blue Eyed Girl in Purple - http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51204722/
BLOODY DARKNESS - http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50826905/

Did it with marker and oil paint.
Even flames are appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:19:13 PM by boe »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
You Can't call them ANIME, they're normal drawings..but

Flames are appreciated huh?
Okay, then i feel like flaming you
They're Fucking nice, i didnt say good, they need improvement, but for the record, they're fucking nice.

Arlen is hot.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
right.

Er...

They are alright. I definatley dont like that cliche'd otaku drawing style...what with the "anime" eyes. My advice, more than anything, is to personalize your drawing style.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Can you tell me more about 'personalizing' my drawings?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
As in, they're good, but they are lacking something. You just cant describe it, it just doesnt suit properly.

Its a 8/10..but if you can improve a little, it'll be 9-10/10
Arlen is hot.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Can you tell me more about 'personalizing' my drawings?

ok, well, for instance, Eyestyles. Most every beginner 'anime' artist uses 'googly eyes'.

Please dont. try and shap them differently, possibly more realistically or however you wish. More shine, less, pupil near the top, whatever. Just something that looks good to you.

Secondly, hair. Some people make the whole head hair. Some draw each long tendril group thingie. Personally, i havent even gotten hair down, but its always good to try things.

Body. Thin, tall, short, porportional, whatever. Some people might say 'well, you have to be porportional!'
this is untrue. Gungrave has very wide-shouldered characters with long arms.

um...then there is shading style, coloring style...um...its goes pretty far. maybe others would like to elabortae as well?

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Eyestyle...
Well, I'm comfortable for my eyestyle for now.
Body props... Is kinda hard. I never made it good for the feet T_T
Hair... I love sketchy hair, honestly. But coloring them is so damn hard.
I'm so bad at coloring.

Hahahahaha...
Thank you, Lord Dante. I found your advice helpful. I'm studying more about coloring right now.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
8/10

Adding some Shading might make them look great =)

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Shading?
It's pretty hard to do it with oil paint...
I guess I need to study CGing.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Shading isnt that hard with oil paint, if you have some black. highlights are achieved by specks of white.  (I sound like a pro, and yet I never oil paint.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Agree, Thou yoyu have to know what your doing, otherwise the shading could become rather....err...messy.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I have a feel for art, what will work, and what won't.  As long as you dont overdo it, that would work well.  It's how I do pixel art, The only difference is that the paint has some texture.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I almost never color, but when I do i find that using art markers (theyre really expensive) helps quite a bit.