RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How do i get a face to show on screen? [resolved]

Rep:
Level 88
I want to have a face displayed while text is on screen to show who is talking, how do i do this?
like this but in english :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 03:05:06 AM by atracious »
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

"all your base are belonging to us!" awful fantasy 3

"the grapes damb it, it's alway's the grapes!"

Funny anagrams:
Desperation=A rope ends it
Mother in law=Woman hitler
Lottery machine=Money lost in 'em
Election results=Lies lets recount
Dormitory=Dirty room
Snooze alarms=Alas! No more Z's
Eleven plus two=Twelve plus one
Cosmetic surgery="Yes, I correct mugs."
The IRS=Theirs!
Public relations=Crap, built on lies
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
Internet chat rooms=The moron interacts
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13132.0.html

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Slipknot's advanced message system. Search for it on this site.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
are you using xp?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Slipknot's advanced message system. Search for it on this site.
i did i couldn't find it, does that mean i suck at searching? :(
are you using xp?
Yes
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Rep:
Level 88

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Yep, no problem.

Rep:
Level 88
It doesn't work :(

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
It doesn't work :(

Please explain what you mean by "it doesn't work" so we can help you.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Read the comments and how to use it >.<

Rep:
Level 88
i did read the comments on how it works, i copied "SlipKnot's message system" and i pasted it above "Main". But now all i get is a very tiny message box...
copied

pasted

event

result :(

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Rep:
Level 102
i did read the comments on how it works, i copied "SlipKnot's message system" and i pasted it above "Main". But now all i get is a very tiny message box...
copied

pasted

event

result :(

Congrats. You pirated XP and now text won't show.
This happened to me.

Rep:
Level 88
It still did it after i uninstalled and re-installed the trial tho :(

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Alternatively, you could just use the event command Show Picture, though that gets a bit annoying after a while.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Alternatively, you could just use the event command Show Picture, though that gets a bit annoying after a while.

xD I bet. But its one way to get the job done.

Rep:
Level 87
I have the same question but with 2k3

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
1st Are you sure you have the font that is used in the script (I think it'll be Arial or Arial Black )
2nd if u dont have it download it and put in C -> Windows -> fonts

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
On 2k3, you use the Face Graphics choice in the Event Commands Window Page 1.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
This works: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7035.0.html
the only qualm i have with it is i don't know if you have to use letter by letter or if you can make it display normally as well.

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
the only qualm i have with it is i don't know if you have to use letter by letter or if you can make it display normally as well.

Set this line to false. It should be about line 44 in Window_Message. You can also control speed and stuff.

@letter_by_letter = true

change it to

@letter_by_letter = false

Rep:
Level 88
Set this line to false. It should be about line 44 in Window_Message. You can also control speed and stuff.
@letter_by_letter = true
change it to
@letter_by_letter = false
is there any way to make '@letter_by_letter = false' temporary, then go back to true?
and/or how do you change the speed?

[Edit]NVM! i read it on the home topic. :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 04:27:46 AM by atracious »

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!