RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Caterpillar

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Hellsing=Love
oh man! thanks SO much! ^^ ;D yeah I am still pritty new. I am in the progress of a game. I have some side quests and people and other stuff, but I need scence and storys...interesting stuff lol. again thanks!

Galbadia Garden, come play this!
an RP site currently in progress ^^ please visit (im th admin, have questions? ask away!~
    //seiakusanjin.proboards92.com

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
I would assume take...
# Put any actor IDs who should have a "stopped animation" if in the caterpillar
# i.e. if a party member "is floating" it will look stupid if he suddenly stops
# moving in the air.
# - added by Blizzard
ACTOR_IDS = [2,3,4]

and get rid of the id's...
It worked, thanks man.  ;D
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
ha ha ha... np... >.> But I don't think you should really be thanking me...

EDIT: yes that's right... thank bliz for adding that part... >.> And stating that it was added... >.>
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Rep:
Level 88
"Ohh Yea!"
This is a really nice script, i think I'll probably use this in my game.I wish i could thank Fukuyama. And the rest of you guys are awesome too, always helping us noobs out, lol. Keep up the awesome work!
Yes, I Made Those!

Rep:
Level 88
I'm getting a problem..It works fine, but one of my parters keeps walking when I stop...and if I put him in front, everyone in-front of him keeps walking too...Can someone help me?
Games in progress:
Tome of Arastovia: 7% complete at 2 hours of gametime

Rep:
Level 88
"Ohh Yea!"
I would assume take...
# moving in the air.
# - added by Blizzard
ACTOR_IDS = [2,3,4]

pliio8 try reading the rest of the board man.^ its aiight tho
Yes, I Made Those!

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
lol... I wasn't a wiz in RPG maker (still am not) from the beginning... >.>

Tis our duty to help y'all out...
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Ah, yes. I was wondering if you could controll the way the sprite faces so they could speak to each other.
And this was not asked by someone else in a different thread. lol

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I don't know what's happening. When i make a new script and paste the script in it and then i try to run my game and the it gives me a name error and something else too. The game fails to even start.

Why is it happening.?

Sorry if i am not too clear. Something has happened to my computers default text and i am not able to read what i am writing.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I have been following the instructions, but always get this error

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I couldn't tell you what's wrong with it.
but I can tell you this,
don't title your replys.

and just use the one from tons of addons, it works perfectly

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
OK perhaps I missed something here but, so, like, is the deal with walking characters when you stand solved or isn't and if it isn't is there a way of making them stop? I really don't want them to tire quickly. :)

Rep:
Level 87
Hello, newbie here. ;D I seem to have found an error. I get this:

Only happens when I finish a fight involving only TWO of my party members, it doesn't happen if only one,three, or four of members fought, only when two. Don't know why this happens to me.  :-\ So you think you can fix it? By the way, nice script.  :P Caterpillars are good. :lol:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
is this a problem with his script? if not post a seperate topic for it including teh script your used.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
is this a problem with his script? if not post a separate topic for it including teh script your used.

Yes it is, I am using his caterpillar script.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
what is teh name of your catipiller script in the script section under options?

is it called lvl up?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
Hello, newbie here. ;D I seem to have found an error. I get this:

Only happens when I finish a fight involving only TWO of my party members, it doesn't happen if only one,three, or four of members fought, only when two. Don't know why this happens to me.  :-\ So you think you can fix it? By the way, nice script.  :P Caterpillars are good. :lol:

I'm very sorry, but I made a mistake.  :( I posted in the wrong thread, I didn't notice that I was in the other thread. The problem was the lvlup script. Anyway I recopied the the code and the lvlup script worked fine again. It was missing large chunks of code(don't know why.) There's nothing wrong with the caterpillar script.

Sorry for the trouble.  :-[

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Just a note that it is often acts differently when you place one script ontop of the other or vice versa, as I believe the latter one rewrites the first if there are conflicts.

Rep:
Level 87
Just a note that it is often acts differently when you place one script ontop of the other or vice versa, as I believe the latter one rewrites the first if there are conflicts.

Oh, thanks for the tip. ;)

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
I'm having a problem with this script:

Whenever I'm standing still the party members behind me keep animating (walking). how do i prevent this?

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
I would assume take...
# moving in the air.
# - added by Blizzard
ACTOR_IDS = [2,3,4]

try reading the rest of the board man.^ its aiight tho
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
thanks, that worked

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

Rep:
Level 86
Hello,  I am planning on using a catipillar script in my game (probabaly this one, so thanks  :lol: ) but one of the features I want for the party members following is to be able to allow the main char to talk to them at any time.... push them out of the way if nessisary, ask them to do tasks, etc, but bassically all I really need to know how to do is to make the sprite following my main char an event.  BUT, with this catapillar script, they are just there, and I don't know how to make it an event. If i just try to make an event that follows the char, they go into crazy movements that on an average follow the main char, but not in such a nice fashion as the catapillar script.

Any ideas? Thanks

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

OK, so what's the speed of dark?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Take a look in the Tutorials and Event Systems Board. Arkbennet made an evented Caterpillar