RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Arrow's Art (Second Attempt)

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Let's try this again~!

Last time the topic died, because I kept forgetting to scan my work, but NO MORE! I have LOADS now! I will be posting it throughout the evening, as I photoshop it.

The first piece relates to my Mega Man X game! I bet you thought I DROPPED it didn't you?! Well, it is still going, albeit very, very...very...*snoreeeeeeeeeCKAGCHK!* SLOWLY! Well, this is the chest part of the armor upgrade that will be available, which for now will be called the "Terra" Armor. Yes, I know that's cliche, but it was the basic theme of it, and I have yet to come up with a good name. (Also, ignore the flames, I was just trying something out, and there is a ninety percent chance they won't be in the finished product.)

Now, you may be asking yourself; "HEY. I thought this was photoshopped?! TOTAL. GYP." Well,  I DID, DAMN IT. I draw my works in halves, then mirror them, especially with stuff like armor. This way, I get perfect symmetry, which is something that is very, VERY important to me when it comes to artwork. Just how I work. Later tonight I will be posting the following (if not more):

1. Terra Leg Piece
2. Terra Head Piece
3. Beetle-esque Armor Concept (This is an idea I had for a generic RPG type game.)
4. Generic Armor (Duh.)
5. Maverick King Armor, Part One (This is half of the set of armor Sigma will wear in the first part of the Final Battle)
6. Sting Chameleon MK II, Concept
7. Wire Sponge MK II, Concept Part One (I Haven't got his weapons done yet, because I haven't finished thinking them up. Also: Boots aren't done.)

Hopefully, everything will get put up, and I will have time for more!

Now, please...

COMMENT. BE MEAN. TEAR THESE APART.

It's the WHOLE POINT I have even started a new topic! I am going to be using this stuff in my games (except for the stuff I am submitting for others to use) and I want to do the best I can! So SERIOUSLY.

BE ASSHOLES ABOUT THIS.

Thank you much, can't wait to read your reviews!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:20:53 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
That actually looks really freakin cool.

But the mid-section is too small. Either that or those shoulder pads are way too gigantic.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I like it...really ALOT. Its sweet.  ;D 10/10
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
OH YEAH...I just finished explaining this to my brother, and it's gonna be kind of hard through the internet using just words, so I'll uh...use sprites.

It's like this, you see.

(1) Typical X armor.

(2) HUGE weak spot. At least for people. I am a fucking ROCK when it comes to getting beat on, (P.S: I don't give TWO SHITS as             
     to whether or not you people believe it.) but if I get hit THERE? OH HELL NO. DOWN for the count.

(3) An idea to solve this problem.

Now, you saying that shows me a problem. The design of that little flap makes it look like the piece of the under suit that covers the abdomen. Plus, it's probably a little large, or oddly shapen. Thanks man!

Rep:
Level 96

The helmet. YES, it has been resized poorly, but it was WAY out of proportion without it. And I KNOW the opening for the face is too small. This is going to be redone in some way or another, so just tell me about how it can be improved OUTSIDE of these two factors.

I think I might totally redo this one...it looks too different from the chest piece I think...The horns are supposed to be translucent. They change color depending on what power you have equipped currently.

Rep:
Level 96

The boot. NOW, it actually isn't that fat looking normally. What you are looking at now is the boost mode. Those two things coming off of the sides are actually farther back than you might think. They are two halves of the back of the leg, except they have spread apart, and away from the middle. Now, the back half of X's leg acts as a twin booster system, allowing for increased stability while dashing, especially during air-dashes. The shiny white balls allow them to rotate JUST BARELY, in order to change direction mid-dash. The little black tabs at the bottom are an extension to the back of the underside of the foot, creating "GASP" a HEEL. This allows for an increase in traction, of course.

Rep:
Level 96

The very early stages of Sting Chameleon's redesign. Notice the opposing rings around his focusing eye, and the large gems on the front of his boots. Also, those two finger thingies he has on each arm actually do something- blades are attached, and they are now usable as opposable appendages. The black section in the center of the armor is flexible, and allows him to bend around a little bit more, which suits him, being a chameleon and all. His tongue (which I oh-so-conveniently forgot to draw) will have very, very small barbs all over it, which secrete a poison that leeches away at the players life for a few seconds.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Wow Arrow, these are really neeto. I like how you've illustrated the Megaman style very well, with the large boots and gloves. Nice.

You need to talk on MSN more.
Fool.

Rep:
Level 96
Wire Sponge MK II

Lemme just say right now...The eyes are too close together. OTHER THAN THAT. What up widdat?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Wire Sponge MK II

Lemme just say right now...The eyes are too close together. OTHER THAN THAT. What up widdat?
I think its good. Nice an' wacky, plus, you already know what youve done wrong.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
arrowone...AMAZING MAN. this is great art work..keep it comming. =]
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I voted you for Best Artist, right?

Rep:
Level 96
Heeheehee...

Well, it looks like I won't get to Sigma's armor or the generic set tonight, but here's the beetle set.

The armor set.

NO those aren't wings. They are actually two large pieces of metal that arch over from the bottom of the shoulder's front side to high above the back. This way, the wearer can simply turn their body to deflect on-coming attacks. There is a large robe extending from the bottom. Obviously, I love gems, as there are two ENORMOUS ones in the shoulders.

The shield.

It's got a cloth too. It drapes around the sides, and can be used to keep something like sand out of your eyes, or wind out of your face.

Oh god...ignore the handle...something went VERY wrong during the scan, it seems.

But this is the sword.

ACK. The handle looks like a cattail...like at a swamp? UGH. But yeah, it's a sword. Think Sol Badguy here. Swing = wave of elemental energy. (Fire, Lightning, Ice, etc.)

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
NICE. I'm impressed, arrow.  :o
:tinysmile:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Those are awesome!  I can't wait to see them implemented into actual gameplay.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Indeed. The beetle armor looks quite multi purpose, so i hope thats easy to code/event/script into whatever you're using.
As for the art itself, well, I'm as impressed as everybody else.

Rep:
Level 96
And the spriting process begins...Here is a start on Sting Chameleon MKII. No arms yet, I'm probably going to make those from scratch, as they will be much larger than the originals.

Good so far?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
wow, up to par on your spriting skills as always, arrow. Nice work.

Rep:
Level 96
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT! It looks better than I thought it would! NOw that I have the basic parts down, the rest should be a breeze!

(The one on the left is mine, the one on the right is Sting Chameleon's original graphic.)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 03:22:39 AM by arrowone »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
oooh hey, those are pretty. nice green.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Are you going to draw zero?
You should draw him with no helmet and black armor.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
That sounds a bit cliche...I am going to give Zero armor upgrades though.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Are you going to draw zero?
You should draw him with no helmet and black armor.

wayyyyyyyyy to cliche.

I think itd be cool if she had a different shade of red though.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Zero from MM? If so what about a new kind of armor?

I dunno...only giving suggestions.  I like the other stuff, it's nice. I like the Helm more than the armor because it loks like wearing it would be less painful >.<

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
But robot don't feel pain, I thought, or does Megaman feel pain?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&