RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Crystal Collection

Rep:
Level 88
Professional Chocobo Hunter
This is actually a series of games I am producing, similar to the Oracles line of Zelda games.

My working titles are:

Blue Rhapsody
Red Bolero
Yellow Harmony
Light Threnody
Dark Symphony

They are meant to be played in that order, or else the story line will be completely confusing.

It it similar to Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracles of Seasons in that each game is password linked to the next. However, each game will have an ending unique to the character, but it will then continue into the next.

In the first 4 games, you play as one of the four main characters from the overall game.

In Blue Rhapsody, you play as the Blue Mage.
In Red Bolero, you play as the Red Mage.
In Yellow Harmony, you play as the Yellow/Time Mage.
In Light Threondy, you play as the White/Black Mage.

You play an individual storyline for each of these characters. Each line ends with the group meeting together.

All the level caps for these 4 games is locked at 50. Once you get the password for one, you move to the next.

Once you get to Dark Symphony, all the characters converge into one storyline, all level 50. From here, you play one final game with any of the 4 characters.

You will need one character to accomplish one task, while using a different character to complete another one.

The skills you develop from the prior games will help your allies complete objectives in Dark Symphony.

The choices you make in Blue Rhapsody will affect all other games from Red Bolero all the way through Dark Symphony. The passwords will change to reflect your actions.

I'v been working on this for a little over a year now, but it seems to be shaping up nicely. I don't have an active demo yet, but you can be sure I'll put it here as soon as I have one.

Don't expect the full series to be done for an insanley long time. But as I release the individual games, ill let you know.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 06:39:02 PM by Alerith »
Crystal Collection - On hold.

FF:Dark Symphony - 12%
Demo: May 10th, 2007

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Cool, I'm doing this, but with only two games, my Journey to Lost Souls does have a sequel coming up.

Rep:
Level 88
Cool, I'm doing this, but with only two games, my Journey to Lost Souls does have a sequel coming up.

I look forward to playing them! Let me know when they are available.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Thanks! The demo for Journey is out all ready, just check the topic on these boards. Do you know when you might get a demo out?

Rep:
Level 88
Well I hope to have a demo of Blue Rhapsody out by the end of December.

It features the Blue Mage, who has the power to learn monster abilities and is so in tuned with the monsters, he can transform into various modes Via Limit breaks, not unlike Vincent.

Right now he is set to be able to transform into Eclipse Dragon (Think Bahamut), a Dark Lord (Think Vincent's Chaos mode), Judge (Think Odin,) and Werewolf.

Im debating wheter to use my werewolf system for his werewolf mode, or just leave it as a limit break. But you can bet it will be cool as heck.

After the problems Blizzard pointed out in my DDNS, im leaning towards just leaving it as a limit break for at least the demo.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
End of December, cool, can't wait.

Rep:
Level 88
6 Bagels
Not liking the fact that it has the name Final Fantasy anywhere in it, as nobody can produce a good FF game but square-enix. Aside from that, it's not looking too bad. I'll be sure to check out any demos.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I think FF is hard to compare with, but if people have a good go, they can't go to wrong.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I like the idea! hope you have great success if you can pull off a great first game..maybe I will join the team If I can..anyways One thing I would persnally like:
take FF out of the title, make your own title for the series. heck CC is great, just have CC, game title
instead of:

FF CC Blue Rhapsody, CC Blue Rhapsody is wayyyy bettter

good luck!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
6 Bagels
I like the idea! hope you have great success if you can pull off a great first game..maybe I will join the team If I can..anyways One thing I would persnally like:
take FF out of the title, make your own title for the series. heck CC is great, just have CC, game title
instead of:

FF CC Blue Rhapsody, CC Blue Rhapsody is wayyyy bettter

good luck!
Agreed with everything. Putting FF in the name of any RPG you make has, probably the worst factor of all, a negative effect on  how people see your game. most people will just look at it and go "OMG FFclonezzz!!! LOLZ" and not play it. Aside from that, my previous point still stands, it's hard to compare to something like FF, so I think it's better just to not bother.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Sounds good so far, but I think you don't need the FF in the front, CC is good enough!

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88
Heh, no sense in arguing with the masses. Ill take FF out of the name.

But I like the spell system FF has.

Blizzard, Blizzara, Blizzaga,
Stop, Haste, Slow

And some of the mobs and items from the FF series too:

Omega Weapon (Boss)
Ultima Weapon (Boss)
Ultima Weapon (Item)

I still like using this system, but I don't want people to go "OMG, FF ripoff!"

If I had to I would change the spells to something like Blizzard I, Blizzard II, Blizzard III, etc. But I want to avoid having to do that.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Freezer
Snowstorm
Liquid Nitrogen Oxide

It's easy to come up with spell names, don't let yourself limit by that.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
Liquid Nitrogen Oxide

Nice lol.

Yea, your right. Ill just come up with something creative.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Yeah, this is getting even better!

Good idea a think the last name was the greatest. Finaly a mage game not some most powerful warrior game

Rep:
Level 88
Yea, in Final Fantasy XI online, I play the Warrior/Paladin/Ninja bit with some Red Mage just to spice things up.

I notice that mages don't get the respect they deserve. So this game is sort of a tribute to the mage class.

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
I could help with mapping. or events if you need any help.
PS: This series sounds cool. Cant wait to play.
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I can't wait for the demo of one of these games, do you know when you might get one done? I can help if you want.

Rep:
Level 88
I hope to have the demo of Blue Rhapsody ready by the end of December. I gave myself a deadline of Decemebr 29th. With Christmas break, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

Im working alot on Yellow Harmony as well, and expect that demo to be done by the end of January.

By the time I finish the demo for Red Bolero (In February), I should have the full version of Blue Rhapsody ready to be sent out.

I have the whole year planned out. I hope to get the entire series done by February of 2008.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Cool! If this is really good, then it could be famous here.

If its good

Which I think it will be. :)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Regarding the post-reportage:

This topic can only be moved into the main section if screenshots are provided and a demo of at least half an hour of playtime. Sure, this game series looks promising, but as I said, screenies and demo are needed. Also some actual story should be posted as well as more character info. But I guess this should be in a separate topic, since it's a part of the series. IDK what the other mods think of moving this, but I'll leave it here for now.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
You are right, Blizzard. I forgot about needing screenshots ect.

Rep:
Level 88
Ah certainly. I don't have any screenshots yet, but ill give you the info about the story, characters, etc.

The whole series is pretty much Final Fantasy STYLE. You go around the world completing quests, slaying monsters and performing actions to progress through the story.

The main premise of the entire series is that a Dark Lord (named later in the game) is rising in power and gathering an army of Orcs and Undead to him. The origins of this Dark Lord are (as of this momemnt) unknown. Meanwhile, the nations of Cremesia and Tal'Ashra are on the brink of war. Each character plays their role in the shaping of this world, leading up to the final conclusive battle with the Dark Lord himself.

The game will remain extremely open. You can go anywhere at anytime (assuming you've unlocked the area or have the means of transportation to get there.) and you are not forced to continue with the story right away. I think people call this Non-Linear gameplay.

There are other nations in the world of Airela. But the main story mostly takes place in Cremesia and Tal'Ashra. Each character has a side-story pertaining to them.

The story of:

Blue Mage -
Ever since birth, you have been gifted and cursed. Gifted to learn skills just by watching them. Cursed by an inner demon. The Curse of the Blue Dragon causes your people to turn into horrific demons. You alone have set out to find a way to break this curse. Your travels lead you to the Desert City of Gaaro, inhabited by the Black Mage tribe. Here you learn that to break the curse, you must slay the Blue Dragon, all the while being hunted by the Dark Lord. For some reason, he seems to fear the power of the Blue Mages.....

Red Mage-
You are an orphen. Your parents died in an attack by a mysterious Dark Lord. You have wandered back and forth between the Black Mage and White Mage tribes, attempting to master both trades and extract revenge for your parents. You have become a Hybrid class. Part White Mage, Part Black Mage...the Red Mage. When the Black Mage capital of Garro becomes occupied by the Dark Lord's servants, you are forced to begin your journey towards the defeat of the ultimate evil. But it seems you are not alone in this quest....a wandering Blue Mage too seeks to put an end to the Dark Lord's evil....

Yellow Harmony-
Your the last of the Yellow Mages. Time Mages. Able to mainpulate time and space through the use of Yellow Magic. In this way, you can prolong your life indefinitly. At this current time, you are 127 years old. But you look and feel that of 25 years. You are laid back and enjoying what you want to be the last years of your life. Until something happens....A wandering Blue Mage crosses your path, a trail of soldiers following him. You help him escape, and in doing so, draw the Dark Lord's attention to you. He is fearful of your Time Stopping abilites, and will see to it that you and the Blue Mage are eradicated. It's now a fight for your own survival, as you fight your way through the hordes of undead. Hoping to stop the Dark Lord so that the rest of the world can live in a state of peace, unaffected by time....

White Threnody-
Clerics, Healers, Saints. These are the words used to describe you as a White Mage. Your healing powers are legendary, and are the perfect defense against the hoard of undead that are sweeping the land. Your tribe has set up defensive barriers around the major cities and villages, but the enemy is constantly moving. You hear rumors of a band of Mages from other Tribes joining together to fight the Dark Lord. In the middle of the night, you sneak away from your Tribe's headquarters in Alferia, hoping to join with this band of brave mages, and put an end to the Dark Lord's tyranny.

Dark Symphony-
The world is broken. The power of the White Mages has failed, the Blue Mage tribe is scattered and the Black Mage tribe is under the control of the Dark Lord. The world has turned to darkness and the Dark Lord has erected his dark castle on the ruins of the once glorious Alexandria.... or has he? Using all your abilites you have thus gained so far; Blue Magic, Black Magic, White Magic, Yellow Magic, you must defeat the Dark Lord before his power grows any further. Alexandria is preparing her army. Tal'Ashra is preparing her Navy. The other nations of the world perpare for the final inevitable battle that will come, when the hordes of Evil face off against the Armies of Light. And your band of mages, caught in the middle, prepare for their own final offensive against the fortress of the Dark Lord himself....

----

I'll get screens up soon. The Blue Rhapsody demo will be out soon as well. Hope this peaks your interest in the series.  ;D

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Its peaked mine, I cant wait for the demo, to be honest. When you do get a demo out, what website will you upload it on?