RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Survival Horror?

Rep:
Level 88
Hello,
What does everyone think of a survival horror type game? Would it be possible to have system where after a certain amount of time has passed, the creature comes out after you and you have to hide?
Now unlike most games of this genre, I would make this game exceptionally long and hard.
Please give me your thoughts.
 ;)

Rep:
Level 88
Now do you know who I am??
I like it, if you did make one I'd play it for sure.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
It's totally possible.  Just set the timer to whatever, but don't have it show on the screen, and have a common event making something happen when about 10 seconds are left so the player knows to hide and whatnot.

Rep:
Level 88
That's fantastic but I'll most probably need help along the way! OOOH! I need great screams and everything! I want there to be five characters and you all need to work together to solve the puzzles and escape from the enemies. I want it to be that you control one character at a time and leave them in places. But for this to have a great effect, it would need to be in Real Time. So all five characters heads are on the screen with panic meter etc. so you can tell if they are becoming scared. This is what I am wondering. Is real time possible? ???

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
More possible than fake time.

Everything you just mentioned is completely and totally 100% possible to program.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
you can probably find a abs (action battle system) and simply replace "hp" with "panic" to create a simple panic meter.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 88
Ironic!!
I agree, I'd pay it also, but it might be hard to make a horror game without makings tons of your own sprites and graphics, which would take along time. But, if your commited, I wouldn't mind helping out with some of the graphic making and stuff. I'm best at character sprites.
What seems to be your boggle?

Rep:
Level 88
Okay thanks. If can, could you make male and female characters, and enemies, ghost, numaniods etc. Use your imagination, I'll use what I like and will definately give credit. With the humans, could you please add crouching and throwing sprites?
Thanks again. :)