RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tales of Identity: Prelude

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Omg, I can't believe I forgot about this! I'll download the demo and every other demo I'm interested in about this week, my Dad swore the guy has finished repairing my laptop.

~Winged
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:05:50 AM by Winged »

Rep:
Level 87
Hey what happened to the demo ?

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
The files only last so long on services like megaupload, rapidshare, etc. I'll upload another demo later today. But it won't be the same as the last one.

Some of the new things I added are:
- Overlimits
- Elemental Charge (A form of Mystic Arte/Hi-Ougi)
- Relationship (with the females only)

Some things I've yet to add:
- Skits
- Cooking

Some things I need to fix:
- Most skills don't work yet. Some skill animations arn't complete.
- All of Zeus' and Ella's skills don't work. Half of Victors and Celia's skills don't work.
- Maps, are mostly in simple form. Will detail later.

- -

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
i've been trying to think of a way to use a tales of skit system myself lately.  let me know if u figure an efficient way of making that work.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Demo 0.2 uploaded. Refer to first post for more details.
Report bugs and feel free to add suggestions. Graphics and Audio are not absolute and are subject to change. Also if you wish to help me with anything feel free to pm or email me your talents.

- -

Rep:
Level 87
Hey you need scripter ?
I can join there. I'm in !

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Hey guys, long time since I last posted and worked on my project. Couldn't use the computer that much so I couldn't work on it very often. But I resumed working on it and continued writing the story.

List of updates (Major ones in bold):
Story - Major story changing, since I didn't really reveal the plot I guess it's not to late to make a few changes. Well first I used to had be a tales like thing collecting summon spirits and all that. I took that off, why? It's uber cliche and doesn't work well with my story, so I moved it to side-quests. Like Phantasia, only 4-5 characters will ever be able to be used and there is no party selection so obviously, you'll have to decide on who gets to stay.
I went into a little mode of depression and kinda applied it to the story, and well now I have to make volume 2 as a different game. Why? Tales games are never tragedies.
This is how it will work:
"Tales of Trigaea(Vol. 1)" will be the running around world map doing all the things rpgs do. "Gaea(Vol. 2)" you end it all here, almost all story. In short I have to make a Linear and Non-Linear game. Think of it as a "please change to disk 2" because I'm going to have it force you to save at the end of Vol.1 in order to start Vol.2.

Now that I've perfected the story, time for the rest of my updates.
- Dates are available. Simply you can go to the starting NPC and you can choose a character to take with you on a date. What you say, buy, and do effect relationship. Relationship won't change the story much but the dialog will.
- Downloads: To make it simple for users. Using a reliable service, I shall upload a "RTP" of the game (Music, Graphics, Data) and have a "Patch" file. Simply you only need the RTP and if you wish to continue playing the game as I work on it, just download the patches.
Why? Because the game is about 60MB. Patching it with 200kb files is much easier than re-downloading 60MB over and over.
- Changes in naming of skills, etc. Technique will now be "Ethers"(Still uses TP). E.C (Elemental Charges) will be Ether Charge. EoE remains the same and so is the selection of the Elements. The power itself is called Ether. (Because like the drug, it is activated by strong emotional stress).
- Character Development: You start the game as Victor Vabre, nickname "Vic" by close friends. He has no clue why he was sent, who he was sent by, and what really he was suppose to do. He doesn't remember anything before the meteor in reality. He is confused about why these things and happening to him and what he has to actually do with any of this. In fact he doesn't even know the people of his hometown, let alone anywhere else, yet they seem to know him. He has yet to find out what is going on.

So basically the story was all I was working on, and hopefully this could please both types of gamers. I'll update first post with the information and continue working on the game. If anyone wishes to help, or just ask anything I'm usually on msn (MrMoo7@hotmail.com). Please post critique about either the game or story.

- -

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yum! This game looks deliciously good! I look forward to playing it on Friday! If I remember... And there's a MrMoo.... o0 Lol

Rep:
Level 88
The mind is the best weapon.
All I can say is...I can't wait for this game.  ;D I love the classic Tales series, and this looks great. Good luck!
->

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Hey guys, I've uploaded 0.3 and it's ready for download. It's best to download this one once and patch it every time I release a new one instead of re-downloading. That's if you plan on playing again, but the game is good so I recommend at least trying it. Tell me what ya think and download is on the first post.

Update:
Here's a screen shot of what I'm working on atm.

Yup, that's me getting wasted by RMXP's Arshes, Basil, Gloria and Hilda. You'll have to be like level 50 to beat them >.<
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 01:22:56 AM by MrMoo »

- -

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I really like it so far, so keep it coming! by the way how long is the demo? also I really like your choice of battle systems, if there was one thing i disliked about xp was that whole still picture battle system.

how do I make a saves thing though?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 02:54:43 AM by Hanslineman »
Bah.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Well it took me 1 hour to get from the beginning to the demo end point, and I know all the puzzles and treasure chests.

I did this battle style and inputted the things I did to emulate a fast paced battle system like the Tales series. And about the saves, what do you mean? The save system script? The save crystal system? How to save?

Thanks for your input, hope to see others like it soon.

- -

Thx for the error report. In order to save you'll need to make a folder inside your Directory called "Saves". Also there should be a Maps folder too. If there wasn't the compressor screwed up.

And Liv, there is a demo >.>

I'm talking about this. Iv'e saved my game, and exited twice so far, both times it makes me restart from the very first save crystal. I wasn't very far, just finished that part actually and had saved it so i wasn't that mad. I figured I made a mistake, but the second time I was at the second town and pissed, because I had to start like 45 minutes away.
Bah.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Very strange... This is a first case perhaps. So every time you save it doesn't overwrite your old save?
Does this only happen on save crystals? Or the world map too?
Maybe something is wrong with the scripts, but it works for me and other people fine =\

Try saving on an empty slot each time. Every time you're finished playing you can delete the old one and load the new one, and save again on the other slot. I dunno, if this is an issue with many people I might just revert to the simple save script.

Update: Download the patch and copy the patch to your folder. Delete the encrypted data file afterwards.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 11:39:29 PM by MrMoo »

- -

basically everywhere I save at the crystals and on the world map, even in 3-4 diffrent slots, when I turn the game off and go to load it up the only one left is the very first one at the first save crystal in the desert.

maybe my download or something is messed up? i'll try the patch, and if that doesn't work i'll redownload it.
Bah.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)I would like to know how you got that battle system please it would help me ALOT PLEASE i will give credit to you and I may not even use it i just need a tip of help

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
The battle system is a Real Time Active Battle system. Check the script section here for it and if you can't find it still, try searching .org's database. I've also used a combination of sprite battle and some common events to create the rest of the system. If you want to add a similar battle system like mine to your game you can look for it in rmrk's script database. I don't have time right now but if I can you can pm me and I'll link you to the proper pages.

- -

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
New demo has arrived. This new demo includes:
- New Title Screen
- New Character Stats
- New Flare Bottle, Anti-Magic Bottle, Etc.
- New Quests and Touch ups on old ones.
- New Music, More Music for less space.
- New Skills: Ella's healing skills can now be obtained through shops
- Combo Command: When Zeus uses Combo mode, he can execute a 2nd hidden attack in the same turn.
- 2 Hours of game play minimum.
- And probably much more.

Demo
Time line: FE (First Era) 3015 [Chapter One: Meteor]
Characters: Celia, Victor, Zeus, Ella, Hugo
Areas: All of Chapter one Tellerum and Celcia.
Includes: Manual
Download: Full Game 0.4 - Patch 0.4
Size: Full - 47MB, Patch - 0 MB

Note: Those with older versions will have to download this new one anyways.

- -

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
cool, will download. Why is it .04? is it buggy?

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
My entire system isn't 100% complete. I just need a few scripts and touch ups to existing ones.
I need to edit enemy and character stats to balance it out, exp and gald distribution too. Right now the game is really easy, first demo the game was extremely hard. After I finish the database completely then I'll be able to move on to 1.0. And the battle system isn't 100% complete.

Things to do:
- Get anime face pics of the characters
- Edit database a bit more
- Edit scripts a bit more

Other than that the game is completely fine. (Although some people get a save bug where they can't save after the first save, I don't get that bug though)

Note: Game runs best with Legal Version of RMXP. PK version kinda doesn't run well.

- -

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
So, it's been a long time since I've been on RMRK and working on my project. Basically my comp is usually never accessible so I rarely get a chance to work on it. Also that I always have to reformat because of whatever, I have to revert to my last online backup.
Anyways, I didn't quit and I WILL FINISH. Even if that means cutting the plot short about halfway.
What will this mean? Basically chapters one and two will be completed in this game. Three and Four expansion will be added to the finished game.
If anyone has played Tales of Destiny, you would know it fools you into thinking you finished the game about halfway. So something like that.

Here's a list of things to expect:
- Complete skill list: I've been renaming, adding, removing, and editing skills to balance out the game and make each character unique. Well finally I've finished so now you can figure out which characters are best for what battles.
- Complete world map: The entire world map will be accessible in the next version, both planets.
- Complete soundtrack: I finally compiled all the music needed to fulfill the theme of the game.
- Side quests and mini-games: To make this kinda non-linear game more linear at some points, you will be able to do side quests during certain points in the game.
- A new city, Monopolis: This city was incomplete in the previous releases, but if you looked at the maps, you can tell it was going to be a big, modern style desert city. Now this town can be entered and you can make use of it's facilities such as Arena, shops, factory, inns, and other interesting places to visit. This city isn't used in the main story so you may miss it.
- Completed and expanded original towns: The original towns were only done halfway or so because of time constraints and etc. I now added the pointless areas and extra parts of the towns to explore.
- COUPE DE GRACE! or Mystic Artes: Elemental Charges [E.C] are not really the most powerful hidden techniques you can learn, Coupe De Grace's (all C.D.Gs have French names) are the most powerful but are never known when they can be used. Certain events must take place and skills must be learned before you can use them. Also when those requirements are met, you must press a button during a skill's animation and be in overlimit to activate this chain skill.

So, those things are to be expected in a while. I'd say about next week I'll release a demo. If I can find some more anime artists I can add a skit system in. Check back soon.

- -

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Sounds good. I'm looking forward to it. If you need a simple script, I may be available to do it, as well.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Ooo!  I didn't know about this project!  I love the Tales series, so I will definitely watch for this one. ^_^

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
So like, I sorta slacked off on this project a bit. But I managed to finish 90% of the game so far. So the last patch will include the final dungeon/towns/bosses. The game runs around 5 hours going through it quickly. I'll try to finish it soon, but for now enjoy the sorta full game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time line: FE (First Era) 3015 [Chapter One]
Characters: Celia, Victor, Zeus, Ella, Hugo
Areas: Tellerum and Celcia.
Includes: Manual
Download: Full Game 1.1 - Patch 1.0
Size: Full - 52MB, Patch - ??MB

- -