RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Arlen's List of "Things RPGs Need Moar Of."

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Moar enemies that actually do stuff other than slow down you completing the game, seriously. Ninja Gaiden: Perfect example, enemies should be able to match your character.

I agree, FF9 did a great job with character stories.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Ninja Gaiden isn't an rpg so thats really not a good example

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Ninja Gaiden isn't an rpg so thats really not a good example

Ya, but you get the point.  :-\

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
NO I FUCKING DONT PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD EXAMPLE I AM RETARDED I NEED A GOOD EXAMPLE

Rep:
Level 89
Moar enemies that actually do stuff other than slow down you completing the game, seriously. Ninja Gaiden: Perfect example, enemies should be able to match your character.

I agree, FF9 did a great job with character stories.
Well the only way that could happen is if you don't train. A perfect example of what your talking about would be ff8. It requires more strategy rather than lvling up. Meaning, the enemies will always be at a lvl that prevent anything from being easy or hard. Depending on your equips, and your strategy will determine how fast you will go though the game.

Simple version: The game is retarded and hard.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I actually would like to see that in late parts of the game where each fight is a miniboss. I tried to do that with Darkwurld. I don't remember if it came out like that though.

Mmmm i fuckin love bears
Rep:
Level 85
Self Proclaimed 'RMXP Legend'
Moar storyline and dynamic characters. Durr.
"RPG Tsukuru... BIII EEXXUU!!!!"

Legend of Harpine
-----------------
69% Complete

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Bumping this thread because of Skyrim mods.

There's a magic mod that I'm really, really liking. It adds spells in all schools that can do damage, and also other useful spells.

ex: Restoration: Chanthrax Curse. Deals damage over time to the target it hits. If that target casts a spell, the curse spreads to nearby targets.
I.E. USE THIS ON MAGES.
Alteration has speed spells, and restoration has a sanctuary spell. It's absolutely perfect if you're a battle mage type character. A character who doesn't use many destruction spells, but god damn is that free 3 hit barrier and quick burst of speed useful when dealing with ranged enemies. Gets you right up there to pummel the assholes with your giant fucking mace without dying before you even get up to the enemy.
There's also dispel spells, which are neat if you're dealing with mages using mage armor. Personally, I REALLY wish they put these new spell types in to alchemy, too. Can you imagine a dispell poison? Those annoying mages with their mage armor abilities. Poison your blade with a dispell poison and OH SHIT he's completely defenseless now.

Also, stun spells. Teleport spells. etc etc

I guess the main reason I brought this back is because I really appreciate the level of intelligence and strategy this mod brings to the game.

I also appecaite the level of intelligence playing a non-tank character brings to the vanilla game. Dragons were kicking my ass because I can't use armor, or bows, and mage armor only goes so far ... and then it hit me. I'm buffing my alchemy ... why aren't I making resist fire/frost/shock/magic potions? And suddenly the game is balanced again.

So yeah. Things RPGs (ESPECIALLY RPGs like Skyrim) need more of: intelligent combat systems.

Which is why I love the Witcher 2.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 03:06:26 AM by Dr_Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
8.) Moar ... clothing?
Yuna's wearing the same damn thing she wore yesterday, and I KNOW she didn't wash it! I think it would be neat to characters NOT sleeping in the clothes they wear throughout their entire journey, or something like that. And I always thought it was cool when characters had alternate outfits, for some reason. Maybe I'm gay. lol.

I noticed this in a lot of games too, i'm actually "auctioning" a game called sholl of to whoever wants to continue developing it. the game has a feature for different cloaks with different abilities and they change the way the character looks too using a common event.change the cloak, change the appearance.

Though i think the main reason people don't change character clothes in most games is that they can't sprite, or they don't have time to make the massive common event that could make the dictionary look like 10 words. It's a little time consuming, some people don't have that time. But i do agree Moar of it would be nice to see.
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.