RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Arlen's List of "Things RPGs Need Moar Of."

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I wish there was an underwater exploration game that combined Treasures of the Deep, Everblue, and free roaming exploration. I think the undersea world is fascinating, and I would spend hours exploring the seabed for creatures and treasures.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Holkeye, you will enjoy "Act 9" of my game as its an underwater area with a massive 19 quests and 2 mini-games.

I reccon all games need to have a FUCKING SPELL CHECKER.

I just played some rpg game and the writing is in a font that looks like shit and then they speld please pl0x and thanks with ty and for gods sake they use fooken l33t speak, that pisses me right the hell off
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Rep:
Level 88
More villians actually winning and suceeding at what they do. There's only so many ways you can put a spin on the good will beat you finish.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Also RPGs need more Vikings. You can never have enough Vikings.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Or Okami on Wii.
BUMP because IT HAPPENED and IT'S AMAZING lol

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
A psychic and a necromancer wonders never cease!

Looks like someone cross classed.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 05:47:21 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 89
we need moar rpg to have more free roam overall, more enemies. 100,000 enemies at once. or long fights with millions of enemies at the same time.

:moar: enemies
 :moar: areas to explore

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
:moar: you know the way this smilies hand is going up and down you'd think he was wankin it :V

Seriously though if you want that go play an mmo or something. free roam would have to be stopped by impassable barriers or tough monsters for a story driven one player game, that's difficult to pull off.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 05:43:08 AM by Strike Reyhi »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
you know I actually read Arlen's list  :=: We need moar character development, lately, every character is like bland in some RPGs, where are the good ol' stuffs?!

Rep:
Level 96
MOAR situations where there's more than one path to follow, and while they seem like polar opposites, they are actually slightly related.

Good path vs. Evil path is nice, and all, especially when they give you the option to choose like that, but how about, oh, I dunno

righteously good that never kills people
good, but kills bad people
head's in the right place, but has a temper
murderer that occasionally redeems himself by saving kittens
cold blooded killer that eats kittens

Morrowind was a great example of this, in the sense that it let you make your own character and follow your own set of morals, but it still merged everything into "good guy" at the very end. Unless you downloaded mods, in which case you can actually join the 6th house LOL but you know what I mean.

I really liked how, in the Tribunal expansion, you were led to believe the King was evil, and the Temple was good, and you would work for both, all the while given the option to be loyal to whichever one you wanted (despite the evidence that one was evil) but then it converged at the end again with the whole "save the city from the crazed psuedo-god" thing. lol.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 06:01:05 AM by Arlen »

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
What about kitten that eats murderers?

Rep:
Level 96
I'd play that game.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Agreed, it would be pretty bad ass.

Rep:
Level 96
I thought of another good one last night;

More character interaction between co-stars. Final Fantasy X did a phenomenal job with this. Characters had their own backstories, and many of them were related, and they would speak to each other in a different tone or an a different level than they would speak to the main character. Especially when Rikku came into the mix, and Wakka's whole not-liking-those-kind-of-people thing. It really humanized the whole experience.

FF6, 7, 8, and 9 were also pretty good with this. 6 especially since there was more than one "main character." FF12 kind of dropped it, though.

Other recent games haven't done this too well. Take Mass Effect, for example. Sure, the interaction between the main character and everyone else was stellar, and a huge step up because you had so many dialog options and choices about what you could do and say, but there wasn't even an inkling of interaction between ANY of your teammates. The Quarian chick never even spoke to Wrex, Ashley didn't give a shit about the Taurian guy, etc... I mean, all these people are together on a ship for a long-ass time, and saving the galaxy together, you'd think they'd try to get to know each other, not just the main character.

I'm just tired of games that represent the old style of RPG's, like Final Fantasy II. You knew the characters in FF2 were childhood friends .... because the dialog box TOLD you at the beginning of the game. They pretty much never speak to each other in the entire game...

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
More character interaction between co-stars. Final Fantasy X did a phenomenal job with this. Characters had their own backstories, and many of them were related, and they would speak to each other in a different tone or an a different level than they would speak to the main character. Especially when Rikku came into the mix, and Wakka's whole not-liking-those-kind-of-people thing. It really humanized the whole experience.
Simplified: Needs more racism :V    kidding I totally get what you mean, that it made for a really interesting subplot that ran along side the main story, what with the hiding it from wakka and the subsequent shit hitting the fan.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I never played FFX....

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i want a hack and slash game where your no special guy you just run in a huge battle and mash stuff around.

originality is also important as is the subtle way that good rpgs allow me to complete them before im level 40 i hate levels in single player games in multiplayer at least i can show off what i have done but in single player its just meh and continue

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
i want a hack and slash game where your no special guy you just run in a huge battle and mash stuff around.

Get Monster Hunter, even though its online was cut off recently, it's fun as hell. And that's exactly what you do. MH3 is due for the Wii though, so you should wait and get that provided you have a Wii. Also, you can forge weapons and armor and shit. It's uber fun. :bean:

Monster Hunter has most of the aspects I love in an RPG and more. I like a lot of the making your own shit stuff in games. Like getting materials and stuff that allow you to make a new weapon or armor, which MH has. Also armor that changes on your character when you change it, which MH also does.

I do like the good/evil things too, which Monster Hunter doesn't have. :3

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Monster Hunter sounds pretty bad ass.

Rep:
Level 89

Also, you can forge weapons and armor and shit. It's uber fun.

Monster Hunter has most of the aspects I love in an RPG and more. I like a lot of the making your own shit stuff in games. Like getting materials and stuff that allow you to make a new weapon or armor, which MH has. Also armor that changes on your character when you change it, which MH also does.
You just described whats in castlevania: curse of darkness.  The game is awesome. Recommended if you never played it. ;8

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
What system is it for kefka?

Rep:
Level 89
Multi-platform:PS2 For sure

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Is there an xbox version too?

I are modding mine soon.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
Yes, there is.  *has that version*

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Teehee after it's modded, I'll dl an iso then burn it. FREE GAME!