RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Arlen's List of "Things RPGs Need Moar Of."

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Yup. I can't read the same book twice either.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
A lot of Chrono Cross is impossible to know what it going on the first time through. For instance the creation of the Dead Sea when Chronopolis is pulled back in time.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I'm curious to know what videogame plots you guys have actually enjoyed, because man, by your standards they would blow my mind.

Played them. Thought they were amazing the first times around, but I can't even finish them now.

Maybe a good story just isn't as good after the fist time around?

Yeeaahh. There's my point.

FFT, which I have played through no less than 10 times. Bahamut Lagoon, which I have played through 3 times. Front Mission, Front Mission 3, and I'd probably love 2 and 4 as well. Der Langrisser. The story of Der Langrisser isn't really amazing, but with four main possible story paths and like half a dozen smaller branches it has alot of depth. You learn to love your enemies because at one point they were or will be your allies. You might fight for light, fight for peace, fight for freedom, but that puts you at odds with people who fight for the same things but see a different way to go about it. The Shadow Hearts series is pretty nice, if just because it's so different from conventional RPGs. I actually kinda like Chrono Trigger's story, I just can't bring myself to play the game anymore because it's not very fun.

You might notice that most of the games I listed are SRPGs. It's not my fault they have better gameplay AND plot.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Your opinion sucks. SRPG's are boring and uninteresting.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I like them...

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Your opinion sucks. SRPG's are boring and uninteresting.
You're obviously playing the wrong SRPGs

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah or I just don't like SRPG's.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Impossible.

Rep:
Level 96
INCONCEIVABLE!

Rep:
Level 88
LMAO

V is a really cool game, although the plot is rather weak you'll love the gameplay - played through at least eight times. Kingdom Hearts is also fun for a while - I've played that through twice. I'm not too fussy with games, if a game doesn't have something but something else instead that I find better, the other thing missing seems distant.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I can tell Gilga likes the feudal setting for his rpgs. I am more of a high-fantasy or steampunk kind of person.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
The only game I mentioned with a feudal setting was FFT. And MAYBE Der Langrisser, but Der Langrisser is very japanese and animeish and not very realistic at all in that sense. Bahamut Lagoon takes place on giant floating islands in the sky and they have machines and stuff. Front Mission is all about giant robots and such. Shadow Hearts is in the 1900s. The setting doesn't matter much to me.

I like stories that are refeshing and unique, and I like events that surprise me. I like when all the characters are very realistic and human, and act in ways people would really act. Other than that, if the game has fun gameplay I'll play pretty much anything.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Need moar RAGE !!!!

I think that for me to play a game the whole way thrpugh it has to piss me off and then taunt me  so MORE RAGE !!!
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Need moar CHARLIE !!!!

I think that for me to play a game the whole way thrpugh it has to piss me off and then taunt me  so MORE CHARLIE!!!

Fixed

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I played a few SRPGs, but stopped after the first fight. Mainly, because the first fight took half an hour. And that was just ONE FLOOR OF THE FIRST DUNGOEN. :(
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 94
Nippon Ichi is the uncrowned king of Srpgs. Nobody can even come close to them.

Rep:
Level 88
But, Atlus made Tactics Ogre and Phoenix Wright(which isn't an SRPG but is still like the best game ever)

But then again Phantom Brave & Disgaea are like my favorite games O,o hmmmm

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
But, Atlus made Tactics Ogre and Phoenix Wright(which isn't an SRPG but is still like the best game ever)

But then again Phantom Brave & Disgaea are like my favorite games O,o hmmmm

Tactics Ogre was made by Quest. It was just published by Atlus. Sadly, Atlus ussually get's credit for games they simply published.

I also wouldn't call NIS the king of SRPGs. Yeah, sure, they've made alot of good ones recently, bringing SRPGs to the modern gaming audience and to America, where the genre was mostly unknown and unappreciated untill recently. However, I've played quite a few SRPGs and NIS's games are... well, nice, but a bit dissapointing. Disgaea is dull and way too easy, though it's a pretty funny game. Makai Kingdom is far too short. La Pucelle Tactics is VERY easy. The only one I think is a really great game is Phantom Brave. Their games are cute and nice and pretty fun, but there's just not enough content or challenge for an SRPG lover like me. In a sense, NIS's SRPGs are like the Final Fantasy series.

Rep:
Level 88
And when I wrote Phoenix Wright I meant Trauma Center.  I was playing Phoenix wright when I was writing this :x

OBJECTION!!!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 04:12:05 AM by Yami »

Rep:
Level 96
:pointright:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
:pointleft:
:tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Yami quit posting purple text, it's hurting my eyes.  I don't have my monocle right now.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I like the purple text.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
text doesnt bother me, but i guess i dont see the point in changing every post you have with the text colour change in the beginning, but ookies