RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Arlen's List of "Things RPGs Need Moar Of."

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
When people get that attached it's creepy though. :V Not like I was EVER attached to a chick to that point. Nope, never :V

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
So, what you're saying is ...

... that it's creepy for people to get to know one another?

Ok, fu, whatever you say.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I thought the :V showed i was kidding.

Rep:
Level 96
I thought the :V only applied to the second half of your post. You know, like it was beginning and ending the :V part of your post, or something.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
It's okay, I'm notorious for being bad at sarcasm.

Rep:
Level 96
It's all good, because I'm a liiiitle bit drunk right now, so I'm bound to make a few errors in judgement.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Damn... I miss booze.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Moar LoD battle system, Moar skill in fighting than just leveling up repeatedly until you are god status.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
MOAR Monster Magnet! That band is fun.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Moar LoD battle system, Moar skill in fighting than just leveling up repeatedly until you are god status.

Seconded. The whole ME SMAK U U SMAK ME thing gets old real fast.

Also, needs more character customization features. I don't want to look the same through the whole game. GIVE ME VARIETY!

Rep:
Level 96
I already mentioned that one with "moar ... clothing?"

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
MOAR Monster Magnet! That band is fun.
they have a lot of songs on the show station X, if that is still on.. space lord mother mother!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Please, needs less clothing.

Rep:
Level 96
On females.

FFXII was a little gay.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
imagine what could be done with the LoD battle system on Wii.  or an elder scrolls game for Wii.. oh the rpg possibilities.

Rep:
Level 96
Or Okami on Wii.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
exactly... I would explode if I heard of a game like elder scrolls, with all the weapons, using the havok physics engine (hl2) in a large world.  it would blow my mind, all the weapons would be used differently, staff, mace, halberd, etc. would be so different from just pressing a button to swing your weapons like in all the other games, and with Wii it could be your level+how hard and the style you use to swing it=damage done, it would be great to go and buy a warhammer in first person mode then go knock some bodies around in a town. god I love Wii.

Rep:
Level 96
My friend plays that. She kept making the wolf lift it's leg and pee on people. I thought it was a GIRL wolf?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Also MOAR Moonspell.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
moonspell? im not aquainted.

Rep:
Level 96
Moar Castlevania/Mega Man X/Mega Man (classic)/Various other copyrighted characters that would fit well into an RPG environment.

Rep:
Level 88
5.) Moar epic struggles.
We need to find ways around all of this "just keep using normal attacks" nonsense. I hear FFXII has some pretty intense battles, but I haven't played the game yet, so...

I couldn't agree more, and so far in FFXII I haven't experienced anything awesomely epic. I think FFX has a few of those kinds of parts, and some fights that are like... awesome.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Moonspell is a metal band from Portugal. They are godly.

Rep:
Level 96
5.) Moar epic struggles.
We need to find ways around all of this "just keep using normal attacks" nonsense. I hear FFXII has some pretty intense battles, but I haven't played the game yet, so...

I couldn't agree more, and so far in FFXII I haven't experienced anything awesomely epic. I think FFX has a few of those kinds of parts, and some fights that are like... awesome.
Actually, I hear there are some unprecedented epic battles in FFXII. They're optional, though. Rumors are that there's one or two last can last for hours simply because of how much HP the enemy has.

Rep:
Level 88
Actually, I hear there are some unprecedented epic battles in FFXII. They're optional, though. Rumors are that there's one or two last can last for hours simply because of how much HP the enemy has.

Wow, that's just... boring. o_O

The Final Fantasy series needs to go back to where it began, well not where it began (I found I really... um... yeah) - but to the retro type of RPG. VIII was futuristic and X was too pathetic. I admit X was good and it was fun, but the game itself was so easy, just attack constantly - no stragtegy whatsoever. And when it is it's one option in a Trigger Command, and Trigger Commands only come up when you HAVE to use them. So if one pops up... <hint>Trigger Command</hint>. Unless they had multiple options with them. Rather than one. So that's a good thing to improve on.

V is my favourite Final Fantasy because it has one thing almost all RPG's need: abruptness. I don't want to play a game where a prologue rolls over the screen and I see a fancy video of the backstory - that's not me playing the game, that's me watching it. Well, that's pointless and it's boring me. A key in RPG's is too never tell the player what is going on, that way by doing the task set they can find out - that's already an interesting ten minutes. Of course they'd need to pull it off the right way.

V does because of how adventourus (sp?) it is, you get four characters and you STAY with them for almost the whole game, and it isn't stupid because it makes sense. V is incredibly fun due to this, so why other RPG's choose to show the gamer the story rather than have the gamer play it out is beyond me. That's what RPG's need 'MOAR' of:

+ Abruptness and adventure  :)

EDIT: Suitable boss themes, not rock or metal - that actually feels out of place in RPG's (maybe that's cause I don't like either genre though) - something like Challenge (X), Last Battle (V), Deceisive Battle (V), Battle With Gilgamesh (V - my god the arranged version would be hell suitable even though it's rock), Extreme (VIII) - final boss themes should almost always be fairly laid back, simple and tense, even slow paced (Extreme comes to mind).

NOTE: I contradict myself in that edit, oh well.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 06:38:55 AM by ataraxy2 »