RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Arlen's List of "Things RPGs Need Moar Of."

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Hence ze wink, monsieur.
I don't get it. You call me astor at the same time you call me not astor? That's a very poor joke, Zypher.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Back-on-topic-tastic!!

RPG's need more of restoring-your-characters-to-full-health-as-they-gain-a-level.  My god I love that.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I don't know about you, but my health fills when I level up.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I haven't leveled up yet.  :'(
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I am ALMOST THERE.

And I love that too. Half the time, it's my last hope.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Exactly my point.

You know what else more RPG's need?  Shopkeepers who let you sell your unwanted items for the same price that you bought them for. <_<;

Rep:
Level 96
Exactly my point.

You know what else more RPG's need?  Shopkeepers who let you sell your unwanted items for the same price that you bought them for. <_<;
i.e. RPG's need MOAR MUNIEZ

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I assume you mean:

MOAR DIFFERENT CURRENCIES

I am on level 99 already, I can't level up anymore. :'(
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96
No I meant exactly what I said.

Rpg's need to give you money easier.

Actually, I don't really think they do, but I wanted to use the "MOAR MUNIEZ" joke again, so..

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Also RPGs need MOAR funny stuff. Seriously, I liked Front Mission 4 but they could have put a few more funny parts in.

Rep:
Level 96
I agree with Fu, and whether he agrees with himself or not I agree with arlen. It should be JUST BARELY easier to get money. Like 10 more g per monster.

Rep:
Level 96
It sucks so much when I spend more time than usual to pump up my characters and then I still don't have enough muniez to buy new armor for every character. Lame.

edit: Wow, my rep just went down 2 points in the last 2 hours. I wonder why?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
But you know whats weird, some games give too much cash.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yeah, it depends on what game you're playing.  In my experience with Dragon Warrior, you have to make an effort of going out and fighting about 20 battles just to buy the next-strongest weapon.  In Pokemon games, I always have reached the money cap (999,999 or whatever) within a week or two of playing.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
How DO the monsters get so much money to begin with, anyway? What do they plan on spending it on? It hink it should be more like the way XII has it..where you sell off things you aquire from monsters to get money.

Rep:
Level 96
RPG Cliche #__: All monsters are doomed to walk the earth eternally with money they can never spend.

In before Blizzard sees this and says "MY GAME DOESNT DO THAT"

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Why does every one forget that the monsters spend their money on booze and hookers? :V It's just so OBVIOUS! :V

Rep:
Level 96
That idea is interesting...but wouldn't that  just make it harder to get stuff in the end?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
What? The booze and hookers?

Rep:
Level 96
LOL

Those are both very nice, but I was actually referring to Lavata's post.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
That idea is interesting...but wouldn't that  just make it harder to get stuff in the end?

Nope, it actually is better. In FFXII, when you sell loot, it unlocks special items "bazaar items" which are basically item packages for cheap.

So yeah.
Plus, its like "aw yeah bitches, selling all this sh*t and getting cash wooooooooooo"

in other words, its a good feeling.

Rep:
Level 96
Well all right, that works out nicely. :D

Also, Bazaar items sound bitchin'.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
but even some items monsters drop are...ackward...

why r their carrying potions and sometimes giant swords they don't use?
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 96
Maybe, in the cse of FFX where dead people become monsters, they were carrying them when they died.

Rep:
Level 96
RPGS need MOAR unspoken bonds between characters that know each other really well.

Like this:

Character A: "This is insane! I mean, bceause of all this nonsense we're gonna have to-" :looks at character B:
Character B: "Right. We have no choice, really."

And then, maybe character C will be all like "what the hell are you talking about."

Frivilous? Perhaps, but it adds realism. People aren't always going to explain things in every single detail, especially if they've known each other for a while, and get to that "Oh, I KNOW what he's thinking" stage.