RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Arlen's List of "Things RPGs Need Moar Of."

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
RPGs also need moar of not existing. There's like 50 a month coming out for all the systems these days.
Tr00. I don't have enough monies for all of them.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Hahaha, true dat.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
@Arlen:

I want to add:

Moar bad-ass villians who really are bad-ass.
PLZ no more guys like Seymour.

Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
i don't know if anyone else mentioned it yet, but just about everything you mentioned in your first post can be found in "Tales of" games.  Symphonia has awesome boss battle music, as well as special music just for watching the cardinals (boss's) walking around.  the final boss music is also awesome.  legendia's music is even better, some of the best music I've ever seen in a game, ever, but the storyline was kinda lacking.  I have yet to make a judgement about the abyss music.

you already mentioned u played symphonia, but you should look into abyss and perhaps legendia if you haven't already.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 96
i don't know if anyone else mentioned it yet, but just about everything you mentioned in your first post can be found in "Tales of" games.  Symphonia has awesome boss battle music, as well as special music just for watching the cardinals (boss's) walking around.  the final boss music is also awesome.  legendia's music is even better, some of the best music I've ever seen in a game, ever, but the storyline was kinda lacking.  I have yet to make a judgement about the abyss music.

you already mentioned u played symphonia, but you should look into abyss and perhaps legendia if you haven't already.
Hmm, rabid fanboy or valid opinion?

jk jk

Rep:
Level 89

jk jk

i like to think its a good combination of both ^_^

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

Rep:
Level 96

jk jk

i like to think its a good combination of both ^_^
:applaud:

Yeah, I wish I could get those games, but as I said previously in this thread, I havez no muniez. =\

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Arlen, I too have no moniez.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I have muniez for Twilight Princess, and that's all I need right now.

Then again, last time I went to the game store, I found this neat DS game titled "Contact," published by Atlus.  I have no idea what it's about, but it looked really cool and kind of funny.

I also need to pick up Baten Kaitos Origins one of these days...

I think I need a job. ::)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Ok, let's have all have no moniez as I also have no moniez. T_T
Visit our website.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
RMRK has moniez :(
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
I have muniez for Twilight Princess, and that's all I need right now.

Then again, last time I went to the game store, I found this neat DS game titled "Contact," published by Atlus.  I have no idea what it's about, but it looked really cool and kind of funny.

I also need to pick up Baten Kaitos Origins one of these days...

I think I need a job. ::)
Even when I have a job, I still havez no moniez. :( :(

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
So true, so true... T_T I manly feel with you, Ryan! :tpg:
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Can I feel manly, too?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Erm... (O_o) I guess... yeah... but don't overdo it... (O_o)
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I liked Symphonia a lot. It is seriously on my top ten list. Legendia? UHG. Don't even get me started. Blech. Bad voice acting, horrible naming scheme, music was annoying and at times, GRATING on my eardrums...blech. Not to mention they butchered the battle system. Now it's in a 2D sort of format (which was good in Phantasia, but that's about it.) that toally kills the magic users usability. They seriously are worth NIL. The fights are slow and repetitive. Also: We go from battles with enemies that appear on the map to- GASP! -random battles! It made me cry...I can't believe it's still sitting on my shelf right now.

I haven't played abyss yet though...hopefully I will enjoy that. Truth be told I'm totally willing to give them another chance.

Rep:
Level 89
i completely agree that legendia was a complete disappointment in terms of tales games, but i liked the music despite all that.

Rep:
Level 89
Za Mullet With the Bullet ;o
GIAW 14: Participant
bah, no tales games at all. go back to SNES format.
Lufia 1,2 and 7th Saga. Those are real rpg's. we need more good, 2d, rpgs. this fancy 3d stuff sickens me.

Rep:
Level 96
These days, I can't handle a game unless there's voice acting. Unless it's a game I've played before, hours of written dialogue really kills me.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
These days RPGs:

graphic quality up

common game quality down

:'(
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I don't play RPG's nowadays... NWN2 is the exception.  My favorite games of all time remain to be the retro stuff.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm weary on RPGs due to me being dissapointed so much. The last NEW one I got was Front Mission 4. I didn't finish it either, because I'm lazy. But i did get the remake of FF1 & FF2, and I WUB it. I wub wub wub wub mah lil' old skool sexay beast.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I really have to disagree with Blizzard and ZaMullet. RPG quality is going way way up. Many RPGs have branched away from the traditional(read: boring) RPG formula. I've had alot of fun with games like Star Ocean 3, the Shadow Hearts series, and perhaps more notably Valkyrie Profile and Valkyrie Profile 2. I haven't played FFXII yet, but it also seems to take an innovative look at how RPGs should be played. Also, there is now a market in the United States for SRPGs. We've gotten quite a few of them recently and they are all delicious. I don't miss the days when I was a kid and the only SRPG I could get my hands on in english was Shining Force. Like Fu said, the Front Mission games are excelent, but the first one never even came to the US becuase there wasn't a market for that kind of game here. The future of RPGs is a promising one, and theres only room for improvement. Both gameplay innovation and graphics have taken giant leaps since the 16-bit days. There will always be a spot on my heart for the classics, but from what I've seen RPGs are only getting better and better.