RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Alternate Realities/ Dimensions

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
OK. For all you's out there who bother to stretch your brains daily, I'm about to go on a rant about alternate universes.
(BTW: this is the work of the dreaded mullet)

What we believe of as a alternate reality is the idea of the choices we make today, happening and therefore causing an alternate reality eating tuna instead of ham makes an alternate reality where you ate ham)HOWEVER! A choice, or a split in the choice path a fork, if you will) is something imposed by our brains to create a set of variables, so choosing the tuna or ham has no implications on realty, because a variable in our brain, in our thoughts, should not have the power to bend time and space. According to the rules, if a bird flaps one wing faster than the other, It creates an alternate reality in which it is flapping one wing at the sames peed as the other. Because this is a choice imposed by the creatures brain and carried out physically, this does not create an alternate reality where it does. Basically, if yu chose tuna, it's because you decided to have tuna. Not because you wanted to use some super-duper-telepathy-tingy to create and alternate universe. While it sounds cool, makes it seem like if we screw up here we can go to another universe where we didn't screw up, and there are therefore no ramifications for what we do wrong, it is simply not possible that ordinary choices imposed by our brain to us should ahve such an effect on everything.
What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 05:04:18 AM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
This does not belong in intelligent debate.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
There is no other, and there will never be any other, reality other than the one that we are in right now.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
This is rediculous. I won't lock it yet though, someone might actually have something decent to say.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I don't buy into the whole parallel universe thing, but I am open to the possibility of dimensions existing that we can't completely wrap our puny little human brains around. Like heaven and hell, for example. Hell's not in the center of the earth, Heaven's not really in the clouds. They're in other dimensions.

Eh, I'm not saying I really believe any of that. That's just the preface I use for my RPG story, lol.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
Well I guess nobody's got anything decent to say, then.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
Because there is nothing else to say. Anyone who really believes in shit like that isn't going to come out and say it because they know they'd be raped.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I'm open to the possibility, but there really is no way to prove or disprove it, it's all just speculation no matter what. I suppose theres really no point.