RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Chage spirit when button is pressed (rpg maker XP)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Ok, so I want to know how to make it so when in game play I press the letter "C" the hero changes his charset grafic, and when I press "C" again he changes it back to the old one.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 05:16:33 PM by Nouman6 »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no one? well, I keep trying and again keep failing. Am I supposed to to use commen events? Ok here is how I am attempting to do it:

Sorta like pressing "C" would have you transform into something, and pressing it again would chage you back to normal. All I need is for the Character grafic to change.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Yeah common event should work...
Ill go try it.

Ok... I think I have something here...

But damn If this was 2003 or 2000 I would have had this working... OK, here it is. Two common events. The first needs to have a switch on to start, I called it OK. The event is that when c is pushed character sprite is changed and ok is turned off and a new switch is turned on which I called Ok2. When ok2 is on it make the second common even turn on which it the same as the first but at the end it turns ok2 off and ok on.

This should work... but it won't. How do you use the input process thing? I wich they would have kept the password thing from 2003...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 05:21:29 PM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wait..so it did NOT work, or is taht screenshot of a working event?

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Here the thing... I got it to work in 2000 and 2003 but cant make XP work  :-\
when I push C nothing happend... so this is a screen shot of a not working even  :-\

I think it is the thing I am using for the IF C IS PUSHED DO THIS thing that is making it not work...

I'm pretty sure that is what is not working...  :-\ -again
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
can anyone else figure this out for me? it sersiously seems so dam simple, but I can't get it

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
press f1 in test play & set the c botton for c

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
tried that, dosen't chage anything the C is already set to C...

Rep:
Level 96
This is pissing me off  >:(

I know how to do it but I don't know what to do to make it do what I want it too.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
0w/\/Z0Rz im back Baby!
i think it would help if peeps added the name of the program in the name
September 13, 2007, 06:56:52 PM <-  Last Login
I returned and better than ever!
Don't mess with me.
Ever....

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
? program? or verison?

Rep:
Level 88
Romeo.
I may not have RMXP anymore but I'll try to help you.

You will need two switches.

Do this:
- Conditional Branch: Script: Input.trigger?(Input:C)
-- Conditional Branch: Switch: 'Herochange' is OFF
--- Change character graphic
--- Switch 'Herochange' ON
-- Else
--- Change character graphic to default
--- Switch 'Herochange' OFF

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Input.trigger?(Input:C)

is that what I put in copy paste? it dosent work here is what I have

and you said two switches?? I only used one what is the other one

Rep:
Level 88
Romeo.
Whoops, my fault.

Replace with this.
Code: [Select]
Input.trigger?(Input::C)

The other switch was meant for common events.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
geeze, sorry to bother you again, but I sill cant get it...I really SUCK with events...So I added that, but this time when the games starts he is already the new grafic, and switches back in a second, and C does nothing....this should all be under a event page right? and set to parallel process?

Rep:
Level 88
Romeo.
Put the else conditional branch in the 'Switch: Herochange == OFF', not in the 'Script: Input.trigger?(Input::C)' conditional branch.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no dice. Now the hero is the transformed version from start of game. C does nothing

Rep:
Level 88
0w/\/Z0Rz im back Baby!
Since your such a good friend'i'll tell you infact lemme edit this after i post it for the heads up so you can be happy
September 13, 2007, 06:56:52 PM <-  Last Login
I returned and better than ever!
Don't mess with me.
Ever....

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
i'm happy! punkid89 explained it perfect I know that, just i can't follow LOL i have events and stuff...maybe not cut sceens so much..I like mapping mostly.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Or try this here. Holding SHIFT and pressing ENTER will transform (yes, transform) the character or change it back (therefore the animation on the player character...). Make this common event a parallel process and don't forget to turn on the appropriate switch. Ignore the Soul Blade thing, the weapon changes with the transformation of my char (ZOMG, it also transforms!), that's why I need it. :=:
Also note that the "Transform allowed" switch is controlled by script in my game, so most probably don't need it either. Also it should be "not $game_system.map_interpreter.running?" what will disable transformation during the execution of another event. Transformation can be executed every 10 frames (1/2 second).

« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:25:03 AM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wow, blizz any eaiser way? I know I seem so bossy I don't need to have teh intentory changed..Its for a project my friends doing that Im helping him on (Im making Legend of dragoon hes sorta helping...hes making his game im sorta helping)...(dam now I have to let it out) Star wars..I want to have the Lightsaber be shown when you press C. Change the character set to a different one.

Dam just realiazed something...if Possible can you make it so you need a weapon to be able to chage the chracter grafic? (Like actaully have the lightsaber before you change )

Rep:
Level 88
Romeo.
Yep. You will need to set up a conditional branch inside the conditional branch 'input.trigger?(input::C)' which states that if the character possesses the weapon or has the weapon equipped, he can change stance. Then give the newly created conditional branch the else co

Then get the 'Herochange' conditional branch, cut and paste it inside the new conditional branch you've created.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
maybe this can show what I did wrong...

Rep:
Level 88
Romeo.
What is it doing in gameplay?