RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Cutscene before Title

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Nothing appears when I try using it... it just goes straight to the Title screen...
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
If you guys wanted an example of this working:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13136.0.html

my game has it in the demo.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
Nothing appears when I try using it... it just goes straight to the Title screen...
are you sure you didn't forget this step?
6) Change the Main script so that it begins at Scene_Cutscene and not at Scene_Title (change it after "Graphics.freeze").

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
O_o I must have missed that... I'll try that later... thaks ;)
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Check the attached for my problem. I'm a novice scriptor, so I have no clue what is wrong.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Rep:
Level 88
Check the attached for my problem. I'm a novice scriptor, so I have no clue what is wrong.

Well, that means that in the 'Sprite_Character' script line 72 you have an error, check and see if it says this there:
Code: [Select]
animation = $data_animations[@character.animation_id]
what i'm guessing is wrong is instead of [@character.animation_id] you have [], but i'm a novice too.
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

"all your base are belonging to us!" awful fantasy 3

"the grapes damb it, it's alway's the grapes!"

Funny anagrams:
Desperation=A rope ends it
Mother in law=Woman hitler
Lottery machine=Money lost in 'em
Election results=Lies lets recount
Dormitory=Dirty room
Snooze alarms=Alas! No more Z's
Eleven plus two=Twelve plus one
Cosmetic surgery="Yes, I correct mugs."
The IRS=Theirs!
Public relations=Crap, built on lies
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
Internet chat rooms=The moron interacts
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13132.0.html

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR

Well, that means that in the 'Sprite_Character' script line 72 you have an error, check and see if it says this there:
what i'm guessing is wrong is instead of [@character.animation_id] you have [], but i'm a novice too.

Nope, I have
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Rep:
Level 88
This is sweet! IT is what I was looking for a long time!

Rep: +0/-0Level 87

Nope, I have

I think it's because you had an animation, as in "ST Sleep" for example.  If you take that out, it the problem should go away.  At least, it did for me.

Also, I'm getting the "Line 23 SyntaxError" thing too, but I have the thing correctly filled in, as demonstrated by
What do I do?
[Edit]Never mind.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 06:59:57 PM by Zeneth »

Rep:
Level 87
It's always darkest before morning
this topic died, but i will revive it with an example of a scene before the title, i made just now ^_^ http://youtube.com/watch?v=vjvq8nvQ1aU
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:07:32 AM by Ciaron »

Rep:
Level 86
*Jams out to some serious tunes*
Helpful, but where do you put the code?

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
above the main script

Rep:
Level 86
I love my eyes in this pic.....
This is what I want to do with this script. Am I able to do it?

Main character lives in current time and falls through a well in the forest behind his house. When he submerges in the water at the bottom of the well, he gets teleported to Rutearius (where the "game" takes place).

Using this script, am I able to make it so that the demo or "cutscene" is played to basically setup a background for the main character until falling into the well. After falling in the actual game itself starts?

Am I allowed to use more than one map in the demo, or just one? I can't make it work if I can only use one map obviously, so s this possible?

P.S. regardless, this script is awesome, good work.....

Thnx in advance to all...
"The best thing that life can offer... is the chance to work hard..........at work worth doing" That's Teddy Rooselvelt who said that, not me...

Rep:
Level 87
It's always darkest before morning
possible, and i Sense and Inu-yasha thing there.

Rep:
Level 86
Haha, kind of..... I just figured the well works for a good time portal thingy, so..... ....., ya...
Anyway, you go through a well, but come out of a small lake in a cave in Rutearius on the other side...

So I'll tinker around a bit, and see what I can come up with...
"The best thing that life can offer... is the chance to work hard..........at work worth doing" That's Teddy Rooselvelt who said that, not me...

Rep:
Level 88
This is what I want to do with this script. Am I able to do it?

Main character lives in current time and falls through a well in the forest behind his house. When he submerges in the water at the bottom of the well, he gets teleported to Rutearius (where the "game" takes place).

Using this script, am I able to make it so that the demo or "cutscene" is played to basically setup a background for the main character until falling into the well. After falling in the actual game itself starts?

Am I allowed to use more than one map in the demo, or just one? I can't make it work if I can only use one map obviously, so s this possible?

P.S. regardless, this script is awesome, good work.....

Thnx in advance to all...

I believe there is a script or something like that called start game...but don't quote me on it! :P
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Rep:
Level 86
.....*sigh* right..... ... .....
I don't want the player to see the title before your character is in Wruterius. If I just start the game, then you have to view the Title Screen, and the whole point of using this script is to bypass the title until you fall into the and come out of the other side.....

srry if I came off as rude, but do you know what I mean?

Rep:
Level 88
.....*sigh* right..... ... .....
I don't want the player to see the title before your character is in Wruterius. If I just start the game, then you have to view the Title Screen, and the whole point of using this script is to bypass the title until you fall into the and come out of the other side.....

srry if I came off as rude, but do you know what I mean?
yeah i know what you mean i just thought maybe it would skip the title....oh well was worth a try!

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
Ok I got it to work but it will only work if i set the character positionto 0,0 and know where else likei whant him to start at 011,009 ???

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
Ok nvm i figured it out but how would I make it so that i dont have to press enter for the talking it just daos it by itself?

Rep:
Level 88
Ok nvm i figured it out but how would I make it so that i dont have to press enter for the talking it just daos it by itself?

here:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7035.0.html

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
Thnx this Scrpt rocks  :blizj:

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I get the same error from Blitz's ABS the nil [] error...could someone please tell me what is with that?

Current Games:
Darklands (Demon Slayer [new name])

Scripting - About 55% complete.

Eventing - About 1% complete.

Mapping - About .5% complete.

Spriting - 0% complete.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Probably means a variable wasn't set. Check to see if you followed all the instructions.

Rep:
Level 87
OMFG look!! Text! :D
very useful indeed, this might come in handy sometime :D