RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
THE MOSH PIT (metal section of this Fourm)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Is Green Day considered metal?

no, they used to me punk, but now their _________ (whats that genre where your music sucks really bad?)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Band: In Flames
Song: "Dead Gardens" - Nightwish
Album: Motograter (Self-titled)

REAL metal!

... Oh! and Nouman. I think you're referring to emo/mallcore

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Wrong answer. They're still punk. The difference now is that they're currently trying to add more emotion to their music and failing miserably. They're all in their late twenties/early thirties, and they've gotten to be very washed up. They had their heyday, but it's over now and yet they still try to appeal to the masses.

That being said, I love their pre-American-Idiot stuff. They played a very pure punk.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
true, but now we can't overlook how bad they have sold out, just like metallica had.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Explain how those two bands are sellouts.

Well okay, Green Day is, but Metallica hasn't changed much at all over the several decades they've played.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
god, I knew this would come up even before I pressed post.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Go ahead and explain. It's not like I'm going to bitch you out if you disagree with me.

I personally don't like Metallica all that much, I'm just curious.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
LOL Metallica changed a LOT. They sold out when they stopped doing thrash metal and went into nu-metal, hence making the even bigger bucks. Less and less guitar solos, so to stay radio-audience friendly, drum beats I could play with my wiener, and the like.

Then again, it's no secret I never liked Metallica, so I'm a little biased.
:tinysmile:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
really I couldn't explain its just what I have heard and read, and even sounded. THeir new albums suck big compared to their thrash stuff. To me it seemed they saw new bands that were making big bucks with shitty music, and rushed into making albums that sounded the same over and over.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
LOL Metallica changed a LOT. They sold out when they stopped doing thrash metal and went into nu-metal, hence making the even bigger bucks. Less and less guitar solos, so to stay radio-audience friendly, drum beats I could play with my wiener, and the like.

Maybe I haven't heard enough new Metallica then.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Not to mention in the beginning they stole some of Dave Mustaine's stuff.

[Begin Metallica vs. Megadeth debate]

Maybe I haven't heard enough new Metallica then.

Not sure if that's sarcastic or not, lol.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
eh, (yes I am a huge thrash fan and a huge MEGADETH fan...points at sig) I would have to say Megadeth, but even then metallica did do alot for metal and I have respect for that. Only thing I havn't liked from megadeth was Youthanasia, but how can anyone not like RIP! anyways new megadeth album next year...so I wana see if they stick to Youthanasia style or RIP. I'm hopeing its RIP.

O and btw....wtf is anthrax doing? one of my fav bands got a friggen new singer? since when, they really need to call it quits now.

Rep:
Level 97
Didn't know Anthrax got a new singer....  WHY!? John Bush was great.

For Megadeth: Youthanasia grew on me after a while, some of it anyway. I even liked some of Risk, but only some... As far as their new album is concerned, it probably will have elements of both Youthanasia and Rust In Peace, but like everything they've been doing, it will actually be different altogether. They're a progressive metal band, and that's the way it works.

I would have to agree about Metallica, I do respect them to an extent for bringing life to the thrash metal genre, but they don't deserve the credit they get for being one of "TEH GR8EST BANDS EVRRRRR".

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I don't listen to much thrash anymore either, though I still like Bring The Noise.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
haha their rap song...you know they made their own rap 'I'm the man" its funny as hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWjc8vYEdu8

Rep:
Level 97
The only metal I make a point to listen to anymore is Megadeth, and maybe a little Opeth. Most people count Dream Theater as metal, so them too. Otherwise, it's just whenever my band has practice, or whatever comes up in my playlist.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I don't know if I have heard any new Metallica, but I'm probably better off not knowing. :-\

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I bet you have "saint anger"

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
The only metal I make a point to listen to anymore is Megadeth, and maybe a little Opeth. Most people count Dream Theater as metal, so them too. Otherwise, it's just whenever my band has practice, or whatever comes up in my playlist.

I'd consider them metal too, though most others just see them as rock. So when I refer to Dream Theater, or Rush, or any of those kinds of bands, I just call them progressive.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
the only nu-metal i would listen to is frightmare, and A life once lost I have gotten into them because I relalized I should at least likee a few new bands so I can put up an argument when people name As I lay dying as good...haha

Frightmare because wow they are a pretty dam good trash band, vocals are like something from death metal.
Al life once lost: wow people really don't like them, but i see out of most new bands they have talent

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Candlemass.

Not for fans of faster genres, but it's still heavy as fuck. The vocals might be a bit off-putting at first but once you get used to it you'll be very pleased.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
That's alright. I learned to like Kai Hansen eventually.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

No Moonspell and Manowar?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Bad Halo! Bad! No soup for you!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I honestly think Manowar's kind of boring, at least compared to other power metal bands. Never heard Moonspell though.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
How can you not know of  Moonspell?