RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
THE MOSH PIT (metal section of this Fourm)

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Who and what did I just witness? Sounds like either Iron Maiden or Nocturnal Rites.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
Damn, for a moment I thought that was Blind Guardian.  Fucking awesome.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Like I said, Symphony X > *

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The Odyssey is honestly one of my favorite songs of all time.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
sorry for that white screen....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n34o4ed9ab0

Dragonforce is better then Metalica!

Valley of the Damned contains 6:55 min with Metal and good Text!
Trough the fire and flames is also good!!!!

anaway.....Wintersun was also good 8)

Dragonforce sounds generic to the point of it being painfull. They're literally the Ratt of power metal. I don't understand hw anyone can listen to them and not think they're hearing a rejected track from Helloween.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Helloween's a bad example. If anything, DragonForce is most similar to Blind Guardian simply because of the speed metal influence.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
But you still got my point that they sound too generic.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
The same could be said of a lot of power metal bands.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Yes, there are many that sound generic but can still be enjoyed. Savage Circus is coming to mind. But with Dragonforce I literally have a hard time telling who it is when I hear them because all of their songs sound like rejected tracks form other bands.

Hence my point, Dragonforce = Ratt.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Helloween's a bad example. If anything, DragonForce is most similar to Blind Guardian simply because of the speed metal influence.

their not in the same league as Blind Guardian

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
You're right, they're actually better musicians.
:tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I disagree, Blind Guardian has their own sound. Dragonforce does not. Thats like saying store brand cola tastes better than pepsi.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I like Blind Guardian more than Dragonforce, but that doesn't mean Blind Guardian are better at playing their instruments.

And yes all of Dragonforce's songs (or most, not all) are very similar, but so are Iron Maiden's, yet they are popular and widely considered one of the best metal bands of all time.
:tinysmile:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yet they are popular and widely considered one of the best metal bands of all time.

by the same people...

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I like Blind Guardian more than Dragonforce, but that doesn't mean Blind Guardian are better at playing their instruments.

And yes all of Dragonforce's songs (or most, not all) are very similar, but so are Iron Maiden's, yet they are popular and widely considered one of the best metal bands of all time.

I didn't say they don't have ability, it would be igroant of me to say that. I think if they lived up to their potential they could be great band. But as we've both pointed out all their songs sound more or less the same, which I feel holds them back harshly. When Dragonforce gets their own sound, honestly I'd like them. But because they sound like ten other bands, they don't live up to what they could be.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
The Odyssey is honestly one of my favorite songs of all time.

Also, Death Of A Balance/Larcymosa.

Symphony X rules u c
Arlen is hot.