RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
THE MOSH PIT (metal section of this Fourm)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Bittorent.....seriously its great. If we had a section in this fourm just for music, i'd start a megaupload request thread.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I prefer Soulseek.

I find torrents too damn slow for music.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

truth, most sites don't ever have good metal albums, since people mainly have shity taste

Soulseek.....will try =]

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Also add me to your prefered members

My siggy is either SexualBubblegum or FuMannChu.... I can't remember which right now.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

truth, most sites don't ever have good metal albums, since people mainly have shity taste

Soulseek.....will try =]

Torrent sites do have some, they're usually just not placed in the right category. Torrents have seriously done wonders for my Kamelot and Symphony X collection.

And... the new Maiden album sucks? I haven't heard that yet. I downloaded it (heh) but haven't listened to it yet. I loved the last one, Dance of Death, or whatever, and it's supposed to be similar.

Then again, you don't seem to like progressive bands too much.

Fuck Metallica though. Especially Lars. A legendary drummer is not one who never uses his ride cymbal, lol. Besides, if I can play his stuff when I was in seventh grade, there is no way that he should be considered one of the best drummers of all tme.

lol at random rantings.
:tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Lars is such a man whore he makes my ass hole quiver.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
It's scary when a man has that effect on you isn't it?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
No, I find it funny.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Really, i never liked metallica.....I kno to most it sounds weird, since i mentioned thrash is my favorite sub genre.

Rep:
Level 97
Really, i never liked metallica.....I kno to most it sounds weird, since i mentioned thrash is my favorite sub genre.

It's not that weird. You'll find most people with good taste in metal don't like Metallica. Or at least not anymore.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'll only listen to their stuff From before Load. gah.... After that... They needed to start doing drugs again.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

It's not that weird. You'll find most people with good taste in metal don't like Metallica. Or at least not anymore.

same with pantera. I dislike them...everything past their album "power metal" sucked.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
tHE BARF LIST:

Afi
Paramore
3 Doors down
All American Rejects
Evanescence
My Chemical Romance
Aiden
Taking back sunday
hawthorne heights
the used
the alarm
bowling for soup
greenday
blik182
sum41
nirvarna
sugacult
coldplay
james morisson
from first to last
pink
avril lavegine
lostprophets
Tenacious D
fall out boy
good charlotte
lifehouse
billy talent
paproach
PANIC! at the disco
RAZORLIGHT
the kooks
oasis
bloodhound gang
launa coil
hinder
feeder
less than jake
him
sex pistols
linkin park
placebo
origin
staind
straylight run
muse
sweet
the automatic
the darkness
the verve
30 seconds to mars
36 crazyfists
alien ant farm
arctic monkeys
u2
nickelback
dirty pretty things
puddle of mud
kid rock
lil chris
hoberstank
plain white T's
system of a down
the feeling
the killers

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
YOU DICK. DO NOT FUCK WITH NIRVANA.

Rep:
Level 97
Tenacious D should not be on that list, let alone any list with Fall Out Boy.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Concordo With Arrow & Halo. I think Lacuna Coil being that list is questionable because some their stuff is decent. Not good or great, but not sucktacular.

Rep:
Level 97
Oh fuck, I didn't even see Lacuna Coil on there. Jesus man, just because a band is on the radio doesn't mean they suck LOL.

Like Fu said, they have some decent stuff. Doesn't matter anyway, any of us could post a list like that, and then the rest would complain about "this band" or "that band" being on the list. The point is: we all seem to like roughly the same stuff, which is we we're kickass.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sorry for the bands you guys liked being on there, just a rough outline....mainly things I thought should be on there. But sure if you think thouse bands dont deserve to be on there, i will gladly take them off.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Meh, don't bother. I think I was mostly offended by it being THE barf list, not YOUR barf list. No biggie.

Rep:
Level 97
That's what I was trying to say. You're more than entitled to your opinion, because I'm sure if I made a "barf list" (lol) it would probably have a couple bands on there you like.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Afi
3 Doors down
All American Rejects
Taking back sunday
the used
the alarm
greenday
blik182
sum41
sugacult
coldplay
james morisson
from first to last
lostprophets
Tenacious D
fall out boy
lifehouse
PANIC! at the disco
RAZORLIGHT
oasis
less than jake
him
linkin park
staind
straylight run
muse
the darkness
the verve
30 seconds to mars
alien ant farm
arctic monkeys
dirty pretty things
system of a down

I disagree with all these.

If I were to make a barf list, I can't imagine it'd be very large. I like about 95% of the music I hear. Though some bands, like Hinder, really annoy me to no end, I can sit there and listen to a lot of music and come out liking it. Even the new Justin Timberlake album I like.

Alright, I'll make a barf list.

Barf List:
Hinder
That one Fergie bitch
Hawthorne Heights

As I said, not that much. If I thought about it some more, I could probably come up with a few more bands. But I don't really care too much about bad music. Bad music is bad music, and I'd rather just try to avoid it as much as possible. That being said, my sister is a big fan of Hinder and Hawthorne, and it really does annoy me when she plays said songs constantly. But other than that, the music you listen to is your call.

Now, on to metal. I used to be really big on metal a few years ago. Recently, though, I've come to the conclusion that most mainstream "metal" bands, like Disturbed, Godsmack, and Korn, all sound like the same generic crap, and I've stopped listening to those bands. Some of Disturbed's songs from The Sickness I still listen to occasionally, but they tend to get on my nerves a bit more now because it's so hard to distinguish one of their songs from another.

I've gotten more into melodic, symphonic, and power metal recently, because I like how the music has emotion, but still rocks out. Black metal is usually the same way, but the only black metal artist I really listen to is Dimmu Borgir, and they're not exactly the best example of black metal.

There are some bands that, although they generally sound horrible, I can't help but like them. The shining example in this case would be Between The Buried And Me, whom I suggest you check out. They're a grindcore band, but they transition into a slower, more melodic metal towards the end of their songs. Most of their stuff is interesting to listen to. I recommend the song "Mordecai."

I just realized how long this post really was so I'm going to stop now.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
As I said, not that much. If I thought about it some more, I could probably come up with a few more bands. But I don't really care too much about bad music. Bad music is bad music, and I'd rather just try to avoid it as much as possible. That being said, my sister is a big fan of Hinder and Hawthorne, and it really does annoy me when she plays said songs constantly. But other than that, the music you listen to is your call.

Now, on to metal. I used to be really big on metal a few years ago. Recently, though, I've come to the conclusion that most mainstream "metal" bands, like Disturbed, Godsmack, and Korn, all sound like the same generic crap, and I've stopped listening to those bands. Some of Disturbed's songs from The Sickness I still listen to occasionally, but they tend to get on my nerves a bit more now because it's so hard to distinguish one of their songs from another.

I've gotten more into melodic, symphonic, and power metal recently, because I like how the music has emotion, but still rocks out. Black metal is usually the same way, but the only black metal artist I really listen to is Dimmu Borgir, and they're not exactly the best example of black metal.

There are some bands that, although they generally sound horrible, I can't help but like them. The shining example in this case would be Between The Buried And Me, whom I suggest you check out. They're a grindcore band, but they transition into a slower, more melodic metal towards the end of their songs. Most of their stuff is interesting to listen to. I recommend the song "Mordecai."

I just realized how long this post really was so I'm going to stop now.

You are a very openminded person, in terms of music. That is very cool, since my best friend is the same.

Rep:
Level 97
I would have to say Alien Ant Farm would stay on the Barf List due to the simple fact that they steal music from other bands, and they've been called out on it on several occasions.

I like a lot of metal, but more than that, I like classical, and contemporary classical (symphonic band) music even more. I have a tendancy to not like something because of how little talent a band seems to have (the biggest reason I don't like a lot of those bands), which is something I don't have to worry about in classical, symphonic band, or jazz... With those I can just like what I like.

*Looks at topic title*

Why did you spell it "Fourm"? You're about the sixth person I've seen do that recently, what's the deal?  :lol:

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Is Green Day considered metal?

Rep:
Level 97