RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Lightning

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Ok so I have read, and attempted, many guides on how to make lightning random on a map, but I cannot get any of them to work. Can someone please make a simple guide. (if you can add a picture of the finished event/ events.) Thanks
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
you could put randomly placed events that have the command thing "flash" and make is so that it has a thing that makes it so that is chaged a varible and some are on when the varible is on and some are off so then you make it so the second and page adds on to the varible and the third takes two away...

Ok like this...

PAGE ONE- Flash, varible +1
Page two condision that only happend when varible is at 1- doesn't flash var+1
page three condions that onlyl happend when varible is at 2- flash var -2

« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 10:48:26 PM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Ugh! I am bad at typing my grammer sucks and I am bad at explaiing things...

OK try2

Event typ 1= o
event typ 2= x
event typ 3= t

ox            to               xox
  xo  x  t  x o x  to x to x xo
otoxo  xo to xooxo  x ot

ox oxt o to xo o x oxo xo
xo txo tox ox o oxo xo xo

ok, now make it so that event 1 has the lighting flash on page 1 and 3 but not 2 event 2 will have it flash on 2 but not 1 and 3 so if the person walks back and frht the same one doesn't go off twice in a row but if the person steps on three more the first one will be a lighitng again.... ill nake a demo...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
Ugh i quit!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
i know how you feel, here maybe if i link a guide you can expalin it better to me/ make a demo.

http://www.dubealex.com/asylum/index.php?showtopic=4017

Rep:
Level 96
I tried my idea and it I couldn't make it work... and I tried this one... you could just put random event around the map with two page first has "flash" and a switch to turn it off... but that would take about 20-30 switchs...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Lol, thanks for trying I apperciate it.

Can anyone else explain to me how?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007

Note that it goes from 0 to 19 and from 0 to 14 what actually are the X and Y on the map. This will normally work for a 20x15 map, so change these numbers if you have a bigger map. The effect you will see is a lightning every 2 seconds (40 frames), just create more of these events with different frame delay to make it more appealing. (like 37 frames, 51 etc.) The effect should look great. Also you can change to a different animation if you have one that looks better (actually I strongly recommend you do that...)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
thanks blizz i will try this when i come home from school. And would this work with just using screen flash? or would that make it look worse?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Sure. But you will see no lightning strike then. I suggest a screen flash of RGB 255, 255, 255 and intensity 70, 100 or 150 (weak, medium or strong). Make it flash for 4 frames. You can also use the SE called Thunderclap for a better effect.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!