RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] ~{Writer's Workshop}~

Rep:
Level 88
Just thought of an idea, post a piece of your written work in here and also post what written work you are working on. Like, for example, I'm working on a novel. Give us a brief description of the novel; possibly these descriptions:

Novel Title(Could be a script for an RPG videogame your working on}:

Genre:(A fantasy novel/ script etc.?)

Type of written work: (Script, poem, novel?)

Brief Description of Story:

Release Date:(If you have one)

A piece of work from the novel or script etc.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Allright, I'll let you guys in on what I'm working on:

Title: Erenux

Genre: Fantasy RPG

Type of written work: Script for an RPG I'm working on

Brief Description of Story: Not ready yet

Release Date: 2007

A piece of work from the written work: Can not provide at the moment

Please enjoy everyone.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:21:58 AM by boe »
Project: Assult

Developed by: Phoenix studios.

Release Date: 2008 [Scheduled]

Game Engine: Irrlicht Engine (Graphics Engine) (Gameplay Engine unconfirmed)

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Title: Children Of The Sin.

Genre: Fantasy.

Type of written work: Script.

Brief Description of Story: Both Lance and Ren had been enjoying their stay at the town of Amestra.  Lance had been tossed out of the organization known as ECLIPSE for unknown reasons developed by their leader, Einte. However, the boy known as 'Ren', one of the seven beings crated by Einte, escaped with Lance upon his leave without the leader knowing. 

The peace, however, ended abruptly when the town fell under attack by three of Einte's other creations.  It seemed as though they had come for Ren, who was never supposed to have gone in the first place.  However, Lance wouldn't let them touch Ren, since he was not like the rest of them.

Now Lance and ren flee the burning town, running for their lives.

Release Date:None.

A piece of work from the novel or script:

===============================================
(Beginning-Scene1. Script)

(Lance) Damn it...thier a percistant bunch.

(Ren) Their coming because of me....maybe I should just go with them.  That way..no one will be hurt.

(Lance) No way! Even if you do go...their not going to stop.  Were getting you out of here!

-Level 1: Burning town Amestra starts.-

(Scene2.  After reaching the end of the town)

(Lance) Damn it! a dead end!

(Ren)....

(??) hahaha...

*Woman with long, blonde hair appears*]

(Ren) L-Lust!?

(Lust) My,my.  Wrath...you still remember little 'ol me?

(Lance) Damn you! Why can't you all just leave us alone!? were causing no trouble for your sick organization!

((That is all to be presented =)))

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Title: The Haunted Wastebasket

Genre: F'ed-up-misc.

Type of written work: Short story

Brief Description of Story: One man's final stand with the forces of nature that challenged the ethics of humanity for eternity (garbage can basketball).

Release Date: ? A few months ago?

Additional Information:

This story has been:
-rated to have the worst ending ever.
-called a "waste of writing skills on the dumbest shit imaginable".
-flamed to death.

Have fun.

The Haunted Wastebasket
By: Kan G./Reives

It solemnly stood, several feet high, as an aura of grimace invisible to the naked eye emitted around its darkened metallic texture. Everyone that had ever set a foot upon the properties of Unionville High School knew of it; they respected it, and feared it.

It was the haunted wastebasket.

As Coby sauntered across the classroom, gazing at its taunting presence, he could not help but remember the most recent horrid incidence that it had caused.

It was just a few days ago, a week before the prom. Rick Powers, the most popular kid in the school attempted to shoot a wastebasket paper ball into it. Rick had laughed about it, joked at its presence as his blind confidence made the shot. Ever so gracefully had Coby seen such a wastebasket paper ball throw has been performed, with such precision and perfection in every movement.

But as with every other fool that had dared to challenge it; the paper ball was no where close to landing in the haunted wastebasket. The crowd had fell into a complete silence, before breaking into chaotic screams and riot. Rick had stood numbly, mouth agape as he stared at the wastebasket; pure horror mirrored through his gaze.

It was said that his girlfriend dumped him within minutes of the event in shame, and Rick was never seen again on the unholy grounds of Unionville High School.

And now, several days later. It was Coby’s turn.

As he stood, sweat dripping freely from his forehead down by his undaunted eyes, there was not a single thought going through his mind. For that he knew, the slightest distraction would cause his failure.

The haunted wastebasket stood still, too. Mocking him, taunting him.

Coby’s grip around the crumbled paper ball tightened itself as Coby took in one last inhale, enjoying the familiar scent of air one last time. The class fell silent, dozens of gazes fell upon Coby’s still figure as they pondered his outcome.

But they all knew; knew that no one had ever made a successful wastebasket ball throw into the haunted wastebasket.

Through the corner of his mouth, Coby let out a sigh. Adjusting his position, his arms held out, gripping tightly around the blunt paper ball as his brows lowered. The crowd held their breath, every second seemed like an eternity.

This is the moment of truth, the moment where a man shows what he is made of.

And that’s where it happened. Out of the corner of his eyes, Coby caught Rick’s figure. Rick, whom had been thought to have disappeared into the abyss, had remerged.

With the swiftest movement, Rick’s grim figure tackled Coby, and ripped off his ass with one foul swoop.

Where Coby’s ass once was, there was no more. The crowd stood still, silence roared through the seconds that resembled an eternity.

This was the moment of truth, the moment for a man to show what he is made of...

FIN
[/b]

« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 03:12:23 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
On a less ridiculous note, here's the first segment of the first chapter of my novel-wanna-be. This was from a few years ago, fixed it up now and then. I've stopped working on it at around 120 pages a while ago but now recently wanted to give it another go.

Anyhow, here it is. My main RPG Project, Quintessence, is somewhat based on the main plot of this, with some alterations.

Passage from: Quintessence, Act I
By: Kan G./Reives

Act I

1327, 3rd month, day 5
Second hour and seventeen minutes past midnight

The vase met the ground with a loud clash as the young man rushed by. With trembling hands, he reached under his grass-sewn bed sheet and retrieved a notebook, quill, and a bottle of clear oily liquid. Dampening the quill in the bottle, he flipped to the blank page, fleetly trotting down the words as sweat dripped down from his forehead onto the tawny pages.

1327, Month 3, day 5

I knew something was out of place, but not like this... But if this is so, then where is the real her? And even worse, what if she… What does it mean? No, I cannot state this here, for it is not safe…

But it is still her. If not the real her, she's been her for some time now... And nothing has yet happened. Perhaps I still have time.         

Perhaps, just perhaps, I still have a chance.

He took a deep breath and wiped the sweat off his forehead. After redampening his quill in the crude bottle, he signed briefly at the bottom of the page as the rough handwriting above gradually faded into the thin air.                               
Reivier Wirt

Somewhat relieved that he has gotten it out of his head, he sighed and carefully placed the notepad, quill and ink back under the bed sheet.

The exhausted figure pushed himself up and darted through the opening of the leathery tent. He paused and stared into the calm night scene for a moment, only to hear the wind whistling through the trebled leaves. Dim, silvery moonlight sprayed upon the rustling branches, brushing gently against the thin, autumn night's air. With another sigh he began to saunter silently onward, but the sound of soft footsteps upon the grass made him to stop in his track and turn around.

Turn around to face the familiar figure that was now a stranger.

“Why is it that you are still up at this nightly hour?” The figure spoke softly, with a tone that Reivier had embraced countless times. “Do you not wish to have a restful sleep?” It added after a brief pause.

Reivier’s brows lowered as he took a small step back. His trembling hand instinctively reached behind his belt for his dagger, but it was too late.

Under the serene shadows, the figure swiftly lashed out something colourless, yet shimmered in the reflection of the mellow moonlight.

Powders, perhaps. 

But that was the last thing he saw.

----End of segment.

(Then it goes to one day prior to the incidence.)

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
Title: Final War

Type: Science-Fiction Novel

Brief Description: The distant future, follows the story of Chris Valence, who just made it into STATUS, the most elite military squad in the universe.  Suddenly unwittingly tossed in the middle of a conspiracy that threatens to destroy STATUS, he must fight for his life with no one he can trust but himself.  Put up against creatures the likes of which he has never seen and against all odds, the fate of STATUS, maybe the human race, rest with him.

Release Date: Whenever I Finish It...

Passage:

(from chapter 8)

Chris’s heart raced as he listened to the man’s footsteps come closer.  He clutched his gun close to his chest as he tried to calm his breathing.  Chris had always thought in his first mission he was going to be brave, fearless, and would take out anyone in front of him without hesitation or remorse.  But after seeing what this man was capable of doing, after finding out that everyone on this ship was all killed by one guy, Chris couldn’t control the fear running through his bones.
   “I thought all you STATUS guys were supposed to be brave,” the man said.  “But then again, I suppose if you recognized me, that would explain it.  After all, I am quite popular among your friends at STATUS.”
   He did look awfully familiar, Chris thought.  But where have I seen him before?
   “Or maybe you don’t recognize me, STATUS-man?  Otherwise you would know that hiding is no good.  Though I’m sure you’ve heard of me, Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber.”
   Chris’s heart sank when he heard that name.  He now knew why he looked familiar, Rockswell’s face and name was all over the STATUS wanted list.  He was a Class A criminal, the highest rank.  Chris’s squad has only come here equipped to deal with a Class C threat like Kallerman, they weren’t ready for this.  Many STATUS squads had gone after Rockswell before, but all returned in body bags.
   “Originally I was just called the Mad Bomber,” Rockswell continued to rant, “but I didn’t like myself being associated with just any type of mad bomber.  After all, I am above the rest.  I am the only one who realized the true point of blowing things up is for the beauty of it.  So I named myself the Mad-Mad Bomber.  It’s kind of catchy, don’t you think?”
   He stopped walking and listened intently, as if he actually expected Chris to answer.  When he didn’t get one, he sighed and looked solemnly at the room.
   “You’re no fun, STATUS-man,” Rockswell said, disappointed.  “I guess you’re leaving me with no choice.  Guess I’ll just have to blow up this whole damn room.  Oh, did I forget to mention that each one of these boxes in this room is filled with enough explosives to take out this whole ship?  After all, that was plan.  So if I blow up this room, it’ll kill you, me, and all your little friends upstairs.  Won’t that be fun?”

u can read more if you're at all interested here: http://www.box.net/public/n4s8lj3uf5
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."