RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[BT] Outlaw City and Outlaw City: Dark Past [COMPLETED GAMES]

Rep:
Level 88
Where IS he hiding the knife...?
Project of the Month winner for February 2010Project of the Month winner for August 2007
Outlaw City and OC: Dark Past were created for time-sensitive contests. Outlaw City had a 2 month development period, and Dark Past had only 2 weeks. Outlaw City is current being upgraded to include the additional 1/3 of story-line I had to skip to make the deadline.

Welcome to Outlaw City!

History of Outlaw City
Outlaw City wasn't always called by that name, it was previously known as Generation City, a city outside of the reach of foreign policy and law.

The short but powerful history of this city was forged during the beginning of the Energy Depression, when Generation Corporation promised the impossible; nearly infinite, cheap energy. With only two strings attached.

Although disbelieved at first, Gen. Corp proved their claims and were granted their concessions by the world governments:

First, the funding to create their endless supply of power, the Infinity Generators.
And secondly, land and complete sovereignty.

And so Generation City was formed next to the four gigantic Infinity Generators that fed the energy needs of the world for years.

Still afraid of another budding energy crisis, and given breathing room, countries frantically developed other forms of energy; thermal, advanced solar, large hydroelectric plants, and other forms advanced and soon were enough by themselves.

Their timing was perfect as the next year a huge and impenetrable domed barrier formed around the generators, cutting the power flow out to miniscule levels.

Without the interest of the world at stake, Generation City fell into a lull, and it's only other product, freedom from world laws, became it's primarly sales point.

For several years, Generation City became a place of crime and crusades, black markets and money lenders flocked and many transactions were performed within the city. Things were going poorly, and as history had shown, downward trends had a nasty habit of continuing.

The shield that had blocked access to the Infinity Generators had been leaking a strange radiation, one which began to affect the citizen. Nearly unnoticable at first, things began to speed up, and soon citizens found themselves changed.

The changes were not always disfiguring, and they were usually not even negative. People soon found themselves possessing increased physical attributes, and some found themselves able to control the elements or use powers not unlike those of comic-book superheroes.

Current Day

There are four main "factions" to Outlaw City:
City Hall/The Knights:
With the increase in physical abilities and reaction speed the most common of changes, most such cases flock to the banner of the Knights.
Formed just before a citizen riot that took out the original City Hall, the Knights are just that, an archaic group that tries to emulate the legends of old through Chivalry, Strength, Honor, and wearing a large amount of metal.
While the largest and most prominent faction, the Knights are held in low esteem for their direct nature.

Generation Corp:
The company that began it all, and original the founders of City Hall and the government, Generation Corp, or Gen Corp for short, are the suppliers of energy to the city.
Due to their own overabundance of energy, Gen Corp develops a large amount of high end technology, including potentially illegal weaponry thanks to their immunity to world laws.
Potentially one of the most powerful of the groups, Gen Corp is ruthless and deals with their foes through the most expedient means.

The Arcanum:
Like the Knights, this group has reverted to older ways. However, their aim is more along the lines of the mystical and mysterious.
The people changed to hold true powers instead of increased abilities, especially those with powers that are more magical-seeming in nature, are members of the Arcanum.
Led by a powerful Sorceress who seems to have extraordinary control over her powers, the Arcanum operates out of Altham Park and are secretive and powerful.

Characters:
Sahra Vintage

The antagonist of this story, more or less, Sahra's history is less shady than it might seem, although her future more murky.

Mistress Mystic

Her memory erased after an escape from Gen Corp, Mystic seems to be more the antagonist than Sahra, although it always seems to be Sahra that bears the brunt of the troubles caused.

?

You'll have to play to find out!

?

You'll have to play to find out!

Features:
Spoiler for Features of Outlaw City:
1. Over-customized RTAB system!
. . . A. Customized Skill Effects, ranging from Transformations to special buffs to % HP reduction and more.
. . . B. Specialized MP replacement: Stamina, which recovers each turn.
. . . C. HP and Stamina regen levels replaces old item healing and "heal" botting.
. . . D. Raised effectiveness of debuffs and "holds."
. . . E. Removal of "Item" command.
. . . F. Damage caused raises a character's "stress," which is used perform special "Super powers."
2. Customized Skill Learning and Enhancement System!
3. Full range of dynamic difficulty levels!
4. End-game Score ranking based on numbers of fights and difficulty levels!
5. Enemy level scaling and special attacks which are only released in higher difficulty levels!
6. 5+ Full Hours of Gameplay.
7. Variable ending based on your performance.
8. Short special feature after the ending.
9. New Game+ (stability questionable)

Screenshots

Credits

Sprites, Tilesets, Auto-Tilesets, Battlers, and Animations:

~Mack (http://www.mogunet.net/~mack/looseleaf/)
Naramura (http://naramura.kdn.ne.jp/)
Seen (http://seen-grr.s64.xrea.com/)
ccoa (Modern girl)
ganonfrog (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/bobnsquire/coolguy.png)
Harlock (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9623/400tessanuova4kl.png)
Zakkaya (http://brightport.nobody.jp/zakkaya/rtp.htm)
Pickle/IceAxe (http://www012.upp.so-net.ne.jp/iceax/framepage1.htm)
RTP Project (http://neortp.k-server.org/)
Nakkuruman (http://homepage2.nifty.com/nakkuruman/)
Longinus (http://longinus.secret.jp/material/index.html)
zanyzora (http://www.hbgames.org/forums/local_links.php?catid=15&linkid=512)
Erk (http://www.hbgames.org/forums/local_links.php?catid=15&linkid=15)
Ask (http://www.rpgshrine.altervista.org/home.htm)
Tio (http://www.rpgshrine.altervista.org/home.htm)
Hypershadow180 (http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Hypershadow180/Characters/)
(http://interim.rpgxp.de/download.php?40.list.83.20.download_id.ASC)
Strawberry Quartz (http://www.geocities.jp/yuh_strawberry/rpg_xp.html)
RR (http://v-r.hp.infoseek.co.jp/)

Music:
Lene
Llama
Distillation
Matt Pollard
DJ Gemini
Ailsean
Kaijin

Scripts:
Dubealex (AMS)
XRXS (AMS)
Near Fantastica (AMS)
Cogswheel (RTAB and Combat)
SephirothSpawn (Catepillar/Trail Script)

Custom Art, Title Screen, Testing, Custom Sprites:
Yaoumei

Outlaw City: Dark Past

A game created for Sandgolem's 2 Week Game Contest, Outlaw City: Dark Past centers on the earlier years of Dark Sovereign, one of the main heroines from Outlaw City.

With a new and unique combat system based on real-time entering of combos and tactical equipping of skills and swapping of characters, OC:DP also will help to give insights to some of the vague concepts from Outlaw City, and will play no small part in the up and coming Outlaw City Version 2's enhanced story.

Estimated Play Time: 1.5 to 3 hours

Screenshots

~
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 04:10:30 AM by Anaryu »

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Please tell me how you got ur menu like that =D

Rep:
Level 88
Project of the Month winner for February 2010Project of the Month winner for August 2007
Which menu from which like how? Please feel free to PM the question as well, since it's not really too related to the thread and I can reply without a lot of extra clutter.

The front page menus are just pictures, and those menu items are pictures I'm drawing on top of those. You'd need a basic scripting ability (or know someone who's willing to do it for you) to make a title screen like that.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 09:22:23 PM by Anaryu »

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
The first one, how did you get the new game, load game, and quit in that style? Like it is curved. How? I would love to use this for my own game  :)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
What sciprt did you use for the message system?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Dubealex's Advanced Message System (AMS)

You should be able to find it at the Creation Asylum I think, or at least very least on hbgames.org. Not sure if it's in the script database here, didn't see it.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Dubealex banned me for no reason T_T

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Dubealex banned me for no reason T_T

I doubt it was for no reason.  ::)

Anyway, nice game.
:tinysmile:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
it looks really nice. I think, if it was your old topic, I posted in it, saying that i started a game that took place in a futuristic city which was in social decline...and yeah. So good job, and ill probably think of downloading it. We dont get alot of finished games here often. :P

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks! And yeah, the site was back for a very short time before it all went poof again.

Thankfully this time I saved the post code, so if I need to post it AGAIN, I can just paste that in and be done! :)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
oh...wow. i shoulda done that...

-.-

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Wow, I'm greatly impressed. I realize some of the systems were carried over from the original, but the fact that it is of that quality and made in 2 weeks is awesome.

The battle system is very innovative and fun to.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 88
Wow, I'm greatly impressed. I realize some of the systems were carried over from the original, but the fact that it is of that quality and made in 2 weeks is awesome.

The battle system is very innovative and fun to.

Actually, Dark Past wasn't started until the first evening of the 2-week contest. The only scripts that went over were one's I didn't do like the Advanced Message script. :)

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I remember playing this a while back, I quitted the first cause the sewer or whatever it was, was pissing me off...

The second is better, but I have no idea where I saved it..

Anyway, great games (I like the second better!) 8/10

~Winged

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Jet Set Radio
I must say this looks really awesome. I shall download this!

EDIT: Every time I click to plsy one of the two it starts up and the closes. ???
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 02:51:54 PM by Confederacy »
- My company P:
Detectives

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I don't know who you are, but everyone here talks very highly of you so I might as well give it a shot.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

EDIT: Every time I click to plsy one of the two it starts up and the closes. ???

Try again, and this time don't press anything at all.

If that doesn't work just keep trying. It did it to me also (a stack error), but only the first time.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Jet Set Radio

Try again, and this time don't press anything at all.

If that doesn't work just keep trying. It did it to me also (a stack error), but only the first time.
No, when I go start it up. It pops up a black screen and the exits it out.
- My company P:
Detectives

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Man this is awesome! I like the battle system in Outlaw City: Dark Past =D

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Nice, i like the title and all, if you need help call me...
and urm, i'll download the complete game tommorrow...for now, i can tell it will be good...
Arlen is hot.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Hi Anaryu! ;D

Cool, you're finished with the game. :) I'll DL it tomorrow and try it out. :)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
Hope everyone enjoys them.

I used to frequent here a lot, but forgot about it after the "dark times" when the site was down and out for several months. I just recently learned it was back up, and that my old links weren't working because they were to specific forum spaces. :)

I am unsure if the game will work with the Postiality Knights dll's, I never knew anyone running the version so I can't say it that has something to do with it or not, I do know that I've had a large number of people play it with the legal version and haven't had any problems, especially at the title screen. :O

@Nouman6: Just about to post my latest complete game, quite a different pace from these. ^_^
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 02:53:23 AM by Anaryu »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
any up-comming projects?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I played it through yesterday. It was quite interesting and fun. The battle system seemed confusing at the beginning, but I learned to work with it within miinutes. It's not hard at all. The story was interesting and there was no boring moment. All in all, very well done. :) Lol, actually I expected something like a detective story in a big city. That's what I assumed from the title at least. xD
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
I played it through yesterday. It was quite interesting and fun. The battle system seemed confusing at the beginning, but I learned to work with it within miinutes. It's not hard at all. The story was interesting and there was no boring moment. All in all, very well done. :) Lol, actually I expected something like a detective story in a big city. That's what I assumed from the title at least. xD

I'm not very good with titles, this was about the best I could come up with. :/

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Why has this been moved to Abandoned Projects? ??? This is a finished game. *moves*
Visit our website.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
I'm basically Yoda's brother
the download link doesnt work. can you give me another one?

just so everyone knows, im 15 years old.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
Wait until hbgames.org fixes their server.

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
Ooooo, looks interesting. I look forward to playing it.
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
Yeah, it's a really cool premise eh? I've not gotten very far yet but I'm enjoying it.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
All the pics are down ;9
I bet Anayru took them down ;9

Rep:
Level 97
All the pics are down ;9
I bet Anayru took them down ;9

Well, he was last active April 11, and they were up on April 12, so that is a doubtful claim. Maybe the host expired? I don't know.

Rep:
Level 88
Oops! Sorry, been mildly inactive for a bit.

I'm afraid my hosting and activity at hbgames.org are a thing of the past now. We're working on getting a new host for all 3 of our completed projects and our current work.

As soon as I can get this stuff uploaded I'll be sure to fix the first post!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 05:25:42 AM by Anaryu »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
YUS!

YOURE BACK(ish)!

I love your work ^^

Rep:
Level 88
I'm quite back. ^_^

We're currently in the process of getting our hosting finalized and then we'll be uploading and organizing the stuff and I'll update my two threads and post my on-going project, Cast Aside.

If you'd like to get Outlaw City now, you can see it's PhanxGame project page here:
http://phanxgames.com/pxg/projects/view.asp?id=1571

Cast Aside's first Episode is here:
http://phanxgames.com/pxg/projects/view.asp?id=1577

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
you should repost screenshots on the front page.

Rep:
Level 97
@ Dante
We're currently in the process of getting our hosting finalized and then we'll be uploading and organizing the stuff

@Anaryu
So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the games you've posted. I just tried Cast Aside and was quite impressed. The initial minigame was quite  fun (I got 7) , and the Battle System is, simply put, amazing. I really, really enjoy tactical battle systems in general and I actually think that yours has the potential to be better than any other TBS I know of, and that includes commercial games. It actually requires strategy because off the Real-time nature of it and simply put, it is awesome. Great work so far. I died in the first battle, so I didn't get very far, but I am quite looking forward to the finished product. Is it going to involve a lot of party members or are you going to keep the numbers down so that it is easier to keep track of what's going on? Anyway, great work.

Rep:
Level 88
@ Dante
We're currently in the process of getting our hosting finalized and then we'll be uploading and organizing the stuff

@Anaryu
So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the games you've posted. I just tried Cast Aside and was quite impressed. The initial minigame was quite  fun (I got 7) , and the Battle System is, simply put, amazing. I really, really enjoy tactical battle systems in general and I actually think that yours has the potential to be better than any other TBS I know of, and that includes commercial games. It actually requires strategy because off the Real-time nature of it and simply put, it is awesome. Great work so far. I died in the first battle, so I didn't get very far, but I am quite looking forward to the finished product. Is it going to involve a lot of party members or are you going to keep the numbers down so that it is easier to keep track of what's going on? Anyway, great work.

Wow, that's a high compliment! We can't wait to get our files up again so I can put a thread for Cast Aside and fix the other threads. Hope I continue to not disappoint. :)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Tactical?
as in, like, FFT? Oooh. Ill have to play THAT one.

Rep:
Level 87
@ Dante

@Anaryu

That souds great! Where can I download it?

Rep:
Level 88
Okay! First post has been fixed.

Sorry for the delay all, but all the files are now updated. Our new webpage is still being put together, but all the screenshots and download links are back up and working properly with our new host.

Please let me know if you have any issues with these, but I expect they should prove quite solid and stable.

Thanks for the continued support!

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
nice games! I'm actually playing these after school when I get home, they're just that good! (...and also I've got nothing else to do then... but still!)

I especially like your cbs in dark past! Which are you using? Or is it your own?  ;8
However, nice games!

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

Rep:
Level 88
nice games! I'm actually playing these after school when I get home, they're just that good! (...and also I've got nothing else to do then... but still!)

I especially like your cbs in dark past! Which are you using? Or is it your own?  ;8
However, nice games!

Thank you!

And yes, Dark Past's battle system is something I put together within the 2-week time-frame. :)

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
w00t!? You're awesome!! Of course, I've got no clue at all how hard it is to make something like that, but still! I think you're amazing!  ;)

And also... did you get my PM and decided to just answer it here, in the forum, or didn't you get it, at all...?

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Wow....
That looks amazing.

Can you PM me the WindowSkin? (If you wouldn't mind...)

Rep:
Level 87
I eat babies :o
OMG I love the battle system in Outlaw City: Dark Past  :tpg: :tpg: Can you let me know where you got the script if you don't mind? D:

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm pretty sure that battle system is somewhat original, if not evented.  :)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
wow, not like this is gravedigging or anything.

Rep:
Level 97
It's only been 2 months, and this project needs a bump anyway for being awesome.

Rep:
Level 87
I eat babies :o
Agreed. This game is effing awesome =|.

Rep:
Level 87
 :blizj: wow... the best demo i've tryed so far!!! woot!! great Job!!!!! THE DEMONS EVERYWHEREif a perfect touch!

Rep:
Level 87
KEEP up the good work
:lol:

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
It's ok, mapping is nice, CBS imo sucks, but thats my opinion...