RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Guide on how to connect to and use IRC

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
VERY SIMPLE, use this URL to get to the IRC channel.

You'll need to know a few commands. Commands begin with a slash (/)

/nick - Changes your nick (your name in the channel). So for example if you put /nick bob, your name would change to bob, assuming nobody on the IRC network is using that name already (there are many channels on the Windfyre network).

/me blah blah - if my nick was bob and I put /me pokes GilgameshRO, it'd come up in the channel as
***bob pokes GilgameshRO

You could get away with just that for casual talking every now and then, but there's some extras.

Registering your nick -  This registers your name so nobody else can use it and pretend to be you. To register your nick, you have to /msg (talk privately with) the bot called Nickserv.
      Change to your nick and register like so: /msg Nickserv register password email. So if your nick was bob and you wanted to register it with the password of 123456, you'd put /msg Nickserv register 123456 bob@example.com.
      Now the next time somebody else tries to change their nick to bob, Nickserv will msg them telling them that it is registered, and to either supply the password or be renamed automatically to something else.
      The next time you join the channel and use your nick, Nickserv will /msg you asking for the pass. (If you're using the Java client, you'll see it in the main window, but don't worry; only you can see it).
      Submit your pass like this: /msg Nickserv identify 123456. If you did it right Nickserv will tell you you're now recognised ~

Using an IRC client is cooler than using Java, here's how to setup Xchat:

After downloading and installing (Windows - OS X - Linux) Xchat, set up the Network List like this (keyboard shortcut ctrl+S if it doesn't show up automatically):

For Nickname, enter the name you want to go by. Second and third choices are for when you're having connection errors and timeout, but your name is still connected to the server. Make User name the same as your Nickname, and Real Name can be whatever. Also you'll probably want to check the "Skip network list on startup" box.

You may or may not have several networks already in your network list, but RMRK will not be there, so we have to add it! Just click "Add" and type in "RMRK". After that, select it and then click "Edit" to get to this window:

Most of these settings can be left alone, there are only a few we're interested in. In the Servers for RMRK box, click "Add" and then just type in "irc.rmrk.net" (without quotes). Also check the "Auto connect to this network on startup" box. In favorite channels, type in #crankeye

Don't worry about a password unless you've registered your nick.

After that, close out of that window, and at the Network List window just click "Connect" and you should be all set~

You may also want to change some of your preferences to more commonly used settings, such as in these images:

But that's up to you!

That's it! =D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:18:21 PM by HaloOfTheSun »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Do I have to register my nick again? Or is it still registered?
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
If you don't use your nick for so long, it gets dropped. The same goes for a channel, though the time is much longer for that.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I'll just have to see later then, I suppose.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
(00:18:40) Silverline: !stats Yossy
(00:18:42) CrankBot: [Yossy] Spoken words: 230 (1070 letters) Commands used 0. 52 lines and 0 actions.

(00:20:40) Silverline: !top10
(00:20:42) CrankBot: Top 9 chatters by total spoken words: GilgameshRO (1966) Silverline (912) Dr_Sword (521) arrow (464) Zxmelee (333) Yossy (246) Silverlion (141) Guest (37) Dr_Sword|moresleeping (22)

Whoa, I only had 246 and Gilga only had 1966 spoken words??  This is OLD!!  XD

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Im having difficulty connecting to the channel via all the means availible to me the crankeye.com link does not appear to be working most text on it renders as "undefined string". the rmrk.net java chat fails to load(yes i have java) gaim/pidgin as its now called. does not want to connect as it "cannot find host" opera chat fails to find any rooms.

anyone have any ideas? thanks

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Lol, looks like the IRC's down, I can't connect either.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i managed to connect using the crankeye applet though how strange. glad im not the only one. :bean:

Rep:
Level 102
The network's currently having a netsplit, which means either one of the servers on the IRC network has either gone down or the servers have lost connection to each other.

If you can't connect at all, then it's probably that you have the one that's gone down in your cache for irc.rmrk.net, so you'll just have to wait. Or you could try Start > run > cmd > ipconfig /flushdns

Though that'd only work if the hub was still online. Either way it'll be back eventually, and netsplits are very rare on this network =)

Also, I should update the first post ><
bringing sexy back

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
yeah its a little old. If there are any more features on this forum you should probably consider making a suport forum :)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Support? As in the Computing section? :P

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
more a suport section for.... oh forget i said it  ;8

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh yeah, it's irc.rmrk.net, not irc.windfyre.net. Just a little notice. :P

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Java hates me =/

I've already got it but I guess I'll have to try again (The error is something like "Loading Java Applet Failed")

~Winged

Rep:
Level 102
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
I updated the first post with info on how to set up Xchat, since so many people lately are switching to it (and also lol Pidgin).