RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Save point

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
How can i make a simple save point? I want a map lets say Map: 001 to disable save, but when you walk over an event you can click ESC and save will be available, but then when you step off (walk away) you can't save anymore). Can this be done w/o scripts?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 03:11:39 AM by Nouman6 »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
In Rpg Maker 2003 and 2000, you were able to do this, I'll investigate XP and tell you more.

EDIT: Yes, you have to make one event in the center and four events on all four sides of it. The middle event have it Allow Saving (First Page of Event Commands, Allow/Disallow Saving), and the four on the sides Disallow it, (First Page of Event Commands, Allow/Disallow Saving).

Have all of the events' Triggers be Hero Touch.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 02:27:04 AM by deadly_diablo »
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
thanks this helped alot, any way i can make it so you can walk over support graphics?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Turn on the option "Through" or "Phasing". Depending on if your have the legal version or not it is called different, but it's basically the same.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
thanks blizz that helped. For some reason i still can't get this to work. Save is disabled, then it is turned on when i touch the save point, but then when i get out of it save stays on. I want it so you can only save there and when you get out it turns off again.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Use a conditional branch with a script condition (4th tab). Put in $game_system.save_disabled and put a choice input without the save into it. In the "Else" branch put the normal choice window.

Set a DISABLE SAVE event command when exiting the event process.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Training to be Naphes Replacement
actually you could just set an event, then set it as open save menu should work fine obviosly set it at action button
Current Project:Secret Project
Progress:||||||||||

I CAN TYPE IN BIG BOLD LETTERS

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Set a DISABLE SAVE event command when exiting the event process.

How can i set it to disable when you leave the event? I don't know which event command that is.
If its not too much can you make a sample game for a save event?

Thanks

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
The exit of the event process is either at an "Exit Event Processing" command or when there are no more commands available (e.g. at the end of the event).
Visit our website.