RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hero's Story

Rep:
Level 90
I know there is a review already made on this but here is my own personal opinion.

Storyline: 7/10
I think that it had a nice, easy to adapt to storyline. Some bits in the storyline were not very understandable. For instance the bit near the end where you have to fight them dragon god things, I didn't understand why they were there. I think that part in the storyline needed to be explained in more detail! Other than that it was fine.

Gameplay: 5/10
I think the gameplay was ok, but could be improved loads. For instance random battles, they are too frequent, you enter one, beat it, take a step and your in another one, it makes the game boring and difficult. Also in the Aquas Temple (The water one) if Susan is dead and you try to scale a waterfall it is instant gameover. In the Spritz Dragon Boss battle Susan had been killed, I beat it, then tried leaving and recieved instant game over.
The only way to tackle this is too keep killing fairys to get revivals for just use the game in test play and hold Ctrl to walk pass solid objects.
Also when escaping the dragon base some of the dragons blcoked the way which proved very annoying because you had to reset and try again to get past.

Use of Resorces: 10/10
I think the creator of this game used the resorces very well, even if they were imported. He used tilesets nicely, for instance he used sort of a port town tileset for Varia and the port town tileset for overworld areas too.
The dungeons in there were nicely made. (Although a little on the short side)

Soundtrack: 9/10
The maker used music very well, even though the way the battle music kept changing annoyingly. All I have to say here is keep up the good work.

Overall: 31/40
(All scores added together)

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Good.

And somemod, put my game's review here, i forgot bouthtis forum.
It's called, STOP THE PRESSES!

And back to the topic.
Nice Markings you gave there.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
The Knight Sabers Shall hunt thine adversaries.
Here are my ratings (i played Hero Story: Dragons. not sure if this is the same one)

Storyline: 9/10
MUY CALIENTE! now that is what storywriting is all about. this guy probably sat down 3-4 hours everyday trying to get his story goin on.

Gameplay: 6/10
pretty much the default battle system, but what the heck, its fine with me.

Resources: 9/10
it is pretty good, even though he's using the default RTP and a number of imports, thats great.

Music/SFX: 7/10
pretty much up to par with the "common RPG" music. could be better.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I will go with thatsmypie in my opinion. He is pretty much completely right! =P
"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Good. We can attack in any direction."

Rep:
Level 90
Wo0t, your all being gravediggers XD!!!
This was like my 10th post  :whoa:

Quote from: loonygamer
Here are my ratings (i played Hero Story: Dragons. not sure if this is the same one)

Storyline: 9/10
MUY CALIENTE! now that is what storywriting is all about. this guy probably sat down 3-4 hours everyday trying to get his story goin on.

Gameplay: 6/10
pretty much the default battle system, but what the heck, its fine with me.

Resources: 9/10
it is pretty good, even though he's using the default RTP and a number of imports, thats great.

Music/SFX: 7/10
pretty much up to par with the "common RPG" music. could be better.

Dude you shouldn't rate a game on whether the player actually used the defaults.

Rep:
Level 89
Wow, I think that was one of the most intelligent thing I've ever seen from you Mental. It's true, some people do not like those side view battle systems (such as me for instance).

You can still make a great game from the original RTP and scripts. It just takes a little imagination that's all  :O_o:

Quote from: Viper
Wow, I think that was one of the most intelligent thing I've ever seen from you Mental.

http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6777  :P

Ok that was a little part of my smart ass side.  :| Any way Hero Story: Dragons was made on 2k3 it has no scripts. :wink:

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
2k3 doesn't use scripts.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
lol. Yeah it does completely depend on yur imagination ;) Seeing how 2 people use the same game maker, and same defaults, but one sucks, and one doesn't -_-
"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Good. We can attack in any direction."