RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cave in. [resolved]

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
How can i make it so when the hero killls the boss, he has a certain amount of time to leave the cave, and when he does leave the cave door tile chages to the caved in tile?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 04:49:44 AM by Nouman6 »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
Set Time To "Time Desired"

When Time Reaches "0:00" Do Action, "Call Game Over"

Then at exit of gave create an event, "Stop Timer"
"Erase Timer"
Then do whatever you want to do after that
~Banned~

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Somewhere in all that you should put the Start Timer...
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ok so i set a timer, then i set the next step to end game...and when i defete the boss, after the timer appears for 1 sec and then game over.

EDIT: how do i make it work?

Blizzard: Don't double post, use the Modify/Edit button
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 08:56:39 AM by Blizzard »

Rep:
Level 89
Somewhere in all that you should put the Start Timer...
omg I laughed so hard when I read that...........
.....gotta stop laughing so I can type...and think
wow did that/\ while I was red in the face from laughing so much and my face was down ontop of my keyboard

on topic

also, set some nifty screen shakes and stuff when timer hits 0
always makes it more realistic

Edit: I'll see if I can find a timer thing and I'll post a screen shot of event if I can

Edit2: this works for me
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 04:23:39 AM by thingy »
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

also, set some nifty screen shakes and stuff when timer hits 0
always makes it more realistic

Edit: I'll see if I can find a timer thing and I'll post a screen shot of event if I can
[/quote]

thanks, and yese the screen will be shaking as the counter is going down.

Rep:
Level 89
you'll want to add a thing for when outside cave if timer >0 that will change the graphic of cave entrance to the caved in graphic and stop the timer

(make the original cave entrance as an event and either change its appearance in a move event or a switch activates a different page of the event that uses the caved in graphic)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 06:38:20 PM by thingy »
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
still not working, how do i make it so stuff runs after the clock hits zero, i put end game after the timer, and they both run at the same time, i dont know how to make it so the other stuff will run after the clock hits zero. (so yea screen shots would help alot)

thanks.

Rep:
Level 89
after the clock hits 0 nothing can happen cuz there is a game over

ur not making sense

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sorry i should have said it better. Both the timer and End game run at the same time? when kill the boss, everything goes fine, he says the stuff i want him to and then where the timer operation is supposed to be, the END GAME starts.

Rep:
Level 89
then ur timer must be set to start at 0, look at how i made mine and compare, if you still don't get it then post a screen shot of your event

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wow, sorry i switched to IE and saw your link to your image. well i set mine up EXACTLY the same line for line problems:
-on Wait command, hero cant move, so how would he escape.
-when it hits zero game over sign still dosent come up

Rep:
Level 89
set to parallel process, not auto start

did you set a conditional branch of timer <=0min 0sec then under that put Game Over

« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 01:39:01 PM by thingy »

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
Just follow what I said earlier and you will be good to go.
~Banned~

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Sweet, thanks alot guys it worked, and i have just one more question.

How can i make it so, after i kill the boss he says a few stuff then walks toward a switch, pulls it down, and that then dissapears, and the awitch will activiate the cave in.

Rep:
Level 89
after you fight the boss have him do a move event to the switch then have the switch change its graphic to the ones of the switch moving down (in order with a small wait inbetween each change) and the boss flip a local switch (in the event not on the wall) that will activate another page that has no graphic

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
cool, how can i make it so the hero cant move while the boss moves toward the switch.

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
The "Wait" command takes care of that.
~Banned~

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
haha lol. wow i was soo lost i forgot the wait command.

Rep:
Level 89
and I think autostart prevents you from doing things while the event runs

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
thanks guys for helping me out on this. I am understanding how to do stuff alot more using the software.

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
No problem, just helping people out.
~Banned~

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
You should make it this way. It's better:

1. At the end of the dialogue make the timer start.

2. Make a parallel process event and just put in that checking of the time (conditional branch).

3. Put that parallel process in all the maps of the cave.

4. When you go outside, just turn the timer off.

That's it.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
tahts what we said....isn't it?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Nope, you put them altogether. That wouldn't work very good. They starter and the checking of the time have to be separated. At least that's how I understood what you said.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
mine worked fine with them together....
if ur gonna include more maps then ya, you have to have just timer checks not timer starts

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
OK so i think i got the whole cave in to work smoothly. So i uploaded just the cave and events and was wondering if anyone could take a sec and test it out?
(the maps aren't mine and wont be used in final cave version they were just a test)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N5OPYOMB

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
did anyone test it.

Rep:
Level 89
works for me, but there should be a big explosion and shake just before the Game Over