RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPGMaker XP Tutorial 1 For Noobs

Quote from: Constance
I REMEMBER YOU SlammerJammer! Hey how's it going?! I remember helping you out man.

@Halo - Yeah but my inbox was full anyway so it wouldn't have went through >-<.

OK yeah this topic is getting kinda out of whack but hey,

Be on the lookout come mid April for tut # 2 guys!

Thanks for your support!

~Constance

Ok i know this is spamming the Tutorial but i answered your question here:
http://s11.invisionfree.com/Rpg_Maker_XP/index.php?showtopic=1182&st=0&#entry2179277

Rep:
Level 88
I hide in the deepest forests of my mind
Thanks for this tutorial Constance. It really helped me out.
Current Project: Sacred Flames
total % complete: 15%

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Furry!
Wow this is awesome! I especially like the new menu style you created ;D
Current Project: FuRPG
Progress:||||||||||
Mappers:Nicholas, Odin
Eventer:BPKS0

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah guys sorry for the long delay, I didn't have any computer access.

@Mental - Yeah that's me. Wherever you see Constance, I'm the same guy.
I'm surprised you recognize me. I'm here because it's what I do and love. RMXP. That's why I have RMXP - Underground. To help people.

@Everyone else - Thank you all for your comments (even Blaze I guess lol)...Tutorial 2 will soon be coming out so look out for that guys.

P.S. Glad to be back guys.

~Constance

It's a nice turtorial. Long, yes, but it needs to be long to be as descriptive as possible. I'm guanna view it and read all of it soon, but not right now. Of what I read, it's a good turtorial and very descriptive. I just wished the picture images worked for me; I can't see 'em so it's going to be really confusing for me to understand the turtorial more. Nice job anyways, Constance.
Project: Assult

Developed by: Phoenix studios.

Release Date: 2008 [Scheduled]

Game Engine: Irrlicht Engine (Graphics Engine) (Gameplay Engine unconfirmed)

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you, this tutorial has helped me get started.  I needed something to break it down bit by bit for me.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I beat Twilight Princess faster than you
Excellent tutorial. I kind of already knew this, so I guess that makes me more than an ordinary noob. Not too long at all.
Current Project ~ Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG
Just as a note, I fully understand variables and switches, so there's no need to treat me like a noob :D

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Looks pretty good. ^^ Covers a lot of aspects of the program, for what I could read at this time of the night. :)
I'll read more tomorrow, because I really need to get done with learning this program... Right now I am tired, but I'll read it.

Thanks!

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
ok,I installed RPG Xp,but when i open its folder all i see is the setup icons and no blank page.
 ???

Rep:
Level 87
did you just download it, or did you download AND install it?  When you install, it should create an icon for you on the desktop.  RPGXP.exe is the executable - if you can't find it anywhere (try searching for it in case you're looking in the wrong spot) then you may not have actually run the installation.

Once you get it installed and you run the exe, you'll get the RPGXP window with a blank screen.  You'll have to create a new project or open a project before you get the rest of the icons on the toolbar and any window where you can actually DO anything.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 86
everytime i try that script that is at the bottom it gives me this error.

"????? 'ring menu' ? 22 ??? SyntaxError ???????"

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's because it is not complete. Most of it is cut off.

Here's that script: http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=2058&hl=ring+menu

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Dead picture links! D:

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
Please help me! I have RPG Maker XP, and your tutorial has been working really well for me. But the only problem is my event command list is completely different from yours! I can't find enemy encounter command anywhere! Please I really want to advance in your tutorial but I can't.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
They're named differently since he was using Postality Knights, which is a different translation. However, you have all the same commands. Note the sequence of numbers to the left of each event command. I bold them in the following quotation:

1-1-1: Message- This is where you type your messages that an event will say.
1-1-2: Show Choices- This is where you can create a 2 to 4-choice based message. You can even disallow a choice here. Once you've typed the name of each choice, you will be asked to fill in the handler (condition if this selection is met). Each choice has it's own handler for the selection the character makes. For instance if you have an event that says a message like "Will you get me a potion?" and your 2 choices are Yes and no,  then you must create a section for each yes and no.
1-1-3: Input Number- This is where you may store your variables. If you click on the Store in Variable box a new menu will pop up like this

That sequence is:

page-column-row

So, 1-2-3 would be the 3rd row of the 2nd column of the 1st page. etc. So that will correspond exactly to the command you have in that place.

The sequence for "Enemy Encounter" is 3-1-1, which is the command in the 1st row of the 1st column of the 3rd page. Go there in your event commands and you will see that it is called Battle Processing in your translation.

Do that for any event commands referenced when you're not sure to what they correspond.