RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with treasure chests

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
hi all, im new to the rpg maker program. i need to confirm something.. i had been doing various work with treasure chests and trying to make them open, play a sound effect, give the item, and end the event. i'd like to be able to keep the open treasure chest there instead of disapearing with the erase event option. and exit event processing doesnt work. im afraid i dont know how to keep the char from being able to get countless items from the same treasure box. so far i have the following sequence:

Play SE:'Chest',80,100
Set Move Route: This Event
$>Turn left
wait 6 frames
$>turn right
wait 6 frames
$>turn up
wait 6 frames
Text: 3600 Gold Accuired
Exit event processing

what am i missing in order to make this work?

You've crossed a Terrible Fate.
Easy, make an Event, with a picture of a closed chest, set the trigger as "Action Key" (That's the Default)
In the trigger, make a switch operation (Not LOCAL!). And create the following Switches: "Chest01Opened"
and "Chest01Empty".

In that page, create a Switch Operation. And pick "Chest01Opened = On".

Now create a new event page, give the amount of cash you want to give the player, and then show the text "You've found 2500 Gold". Then, set for the conditions "Chest01Opened = On". Set the pic of the Event as the opened chest.

In that page, create a switch Operation, and pick "Chest01Empty = On", make another switch operation that says "Chest01Opened = OFF".

Now create a last page, set the pic as a open chest, and choose for the condition "Chest01Empty = ON", And there you. Working chest =)

The Above Picture and Signature, are made by Dragonfly (C) 2006

"I see Reflected Reflections in the Reflections of my Reflection." -Me, Jesse G. Brands

Need help with rpgmaker xp...>.<;;
Easy, make an Event, with a picture of a closed chest, set the trigger as "Action Key" (That's the Default)
In the trigger, make a switch operation (Not LOCAL!). And create the following Switches: "Chest01Opened"
and "Chest01Empty".

What Dragonfly said works perfectly...but I don't see why you can't just use a local switch instead...local switches for treasure boxes seem to work for me. =o (I'm new to rpgmaker xp so...I can't be sure.)

??? i dont get it -.- as i said im too new at this.. isnt there another way to fix this without dealign with switches? i dont understand those yet

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
hi all, im new to the rpg maker program. i need to confirm something.. i had been doing various work with treasure chests and trying to make them open, play a sound effect, give the item, and end the event. i'd like to be able to keep the open treasure chest there instead of disapearing with the erase event option. and exit event processing doesnt work. im afraid i dont know how to keep the char from being able to get countless items from the same treasure box. so far i have the following sequence:

$>Turn left
wait 6 frames
$>turn right
wait 6 frames
$>turn up
wait 6 frames
Text: 3600 Gold Accuired
Exit event processing

what am i missing in order to make this work?

Change It To This:

$>Face left
wait 6 frames
$>Face right
wait 6 frames
$>Face up
wait 6 frames
Text: 3600 Gold Acquired
Change Money: Increase By 3600+
Exit event processing
~Banned~

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
@Naphe: That way you can keep using the chest.

@VahnGalvan: The easiest way by far is to use switches.
I suggest you try clicking on my sig and reading the tutorial there.
That might help you.

- Zeriab

You've crossed a Terrible Fate.
Right, this bothers me, that's why I made you an Example Project, there's an Chest in there, open the project in RMXP and take a look at the event, happy eventing. .. And RPG Making =)

(See attachment)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 06:37:04 PM by Dragonfly »

The Above Picture and Signature, are made by Dragonfly (C) 2006

"I see Reflected Reflections in the Reflections of my Reflection." -Me, Jesse G. Brands