RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A really stupid question?!

Rep:
Level 88
Hello,
I have never had chance to try RPG Maker XP because of my computer, but I have seen the battle system in it, and I don't like it. I like RPG Maker 2003's more. I know you can use scripts in XP, so can you write your own battle system? If so, would it be possible for a Tales of Phantasia?
Thanks.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Possible? You can potentially do pretty much anything you can imagine.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I have an XP game with a Phantasia-style battle system.  I believe it is titled "Project X," so search for it, either here at the forums or at some games database.

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks I just wasn't sure. I just thought you wouldn't be able to change the battle system.  ::)