RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Everybody else is posting unfinished musix, so I will, too

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
This isn't RPG stuff. This is for my "Something in the Atmosphere" album, so, obviously, it's an atmospheric, groovin kind of piece.

AND BY GOD IT EVEN HAS (some) LYRICS!

Verse [0:28]:
Follow me.
I'll lead you up onto the rooftops. (yeaa-ah haaah ... wo-o-oh)
Just close your eyes.
And let me sing you something beautiful. (Hum along with guitar lick)
Past the skyline.
Where stars and neon lights melt into the night. (yea-e-yea-ah)
....[lol unfinished]

[~1:22]

Lower voice: Why don't you
Upper voice: Why don't you

Pre-Chorus [1:23]:

Lower: come ... tonight ... tonight ... tonight ... to-night ... come on by ... watch the sky ... see the streams of starlight.
Upper: come ... on .......... by ........... stay  .... to-night ... tonight ..........tonight ............. see the streams of starlight.

(repeats)

[1:50]

vocals together again

tonight ... it's fine .... we'll fly ... past the ci----ty lights ... alone.

just you ... and me ... we'll be ... so free ... and see ... all there is to see....

lol, that's it for the lyrics.

The song's pretty much laid out, it just needs some variation and the chorus needs vocals, and I need some soloage or filler, and I may actually just have an abrupt ending like that, who knows runon sentence.

So, yeah, what do you guys think?

edit: If you wanna write lyrics for me, go ahead. lol
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:15:51 AM by irock »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'm guessing it's likely you have tabit versions of the tracks in your demo, thus linked via my signature.

I'm on linux right now so I CAN'T PLAY MIDIS LOL
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, but only for the first 3. Wanderlust was never released on TabIt, and the Finale was improved out of my ass.

GET OFF LINUX YOU DINK AND LISTEN TO MIDI MUZIX

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Ok listening now, I'll like totally edit this post when it's done

I like recording stuff too :roll:

[edit] I'd make love with you to this music
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 07:19:04 PM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Very nice, I like the style~

Rep:
Level 96
thx thx

bump bump

post post

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I really like the bass line, I'm not so good at writing bass parts usually. It has lots of accents and color to it to keep it interesting as well. Pretty cool.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I can do Bass if I sit down and think about it, but I can't do drums. Oddly enough, I can PLAY the drums, but not the Bass!

Rep:
Level 96
I used to suck at everything but I practiced and now I'm pretty good.

Rep:
Level 96
I can't read music. I don't know why, I've taken classes and stuff, I just can't do it.

I CAN however, play by ear. Gimme any instrument, some basic instructions, and a recording, and I can copy the basic melody within the day.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Arlyan, can you attach a tab?

Rep:
Level 96
Absolutely.

Rep:
Level 96
oh my god, zoidberg dances to it!

:zoid:

Rep:
Level 96
That is AWESOME. Dancing Zoidberg's got beat!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The comments were my favorite part of that tab. Awesome stuff though, your new album is going to be sick.

On a different note, your solo in that Counting the Seconds demo CD thing was AWESOME. EFFING AWESOME.

On another different note, can you put in a good word for me to JR? I'd like to become a tab area mod and clean up this recent mess.

Rep:
Level 102
Or put in a word to JR about proper volume MIDI instructions :V
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Or you can learn Delphi, then ask Jr for the source code and do it yourself.