RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Chaos Project - Nemesis´ Wrath™ (Final Demo) Beta testers needed

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
i can test i gues if you want, its nice..
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Blizzard... i just downloaded the demo, but this bug is, somehow, serious enough to be posted right here, since it prevents the game to run. A crash message appears, and then, the game window closes.

When i click on the game.exe, this crash message appears on my system:

Script '-> Install fonts automatically' line 264: Errno:: EINVAL occurred.

Invalid argument - C:\WINNT\Fonts\Tahoma.ttf

Now: it just a bug from this 'simplified' version - where you deleted the fonts to decrease file size - or somthing else?
 I didn't try further after this crash message.
I need some real WORKING AVI script in RMXP!
3D ANIMATIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ericmor
3D and 2D anime ART:
http://ericmor.deviantart.com/gallery/

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Ok, something is wrong with the font installer. I guess earlier Windoze versions have the fonts installed somewhere else (not in WINNT/Fonts). Just install the fonts manually and remove the Font installer script and it will work.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Another crash screen right after i click on Game.exe, Blizzard.
 The game locks down and close after this crash window:
------------------------------------------------
Script '-> Fullscreen?' line 99: NoMethodError occurred.
 undefined method `close'for nil:NilClass

...your game reacts differently depending on the system? Any one developing a game here should expect this same behavior on different windows versions with their games, or it's just your game, crashing because of your scripts? Or is the RTP version or something?
3D ANIMATIONS:
3D and 2D anime ART:

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
yes i am also experiencing difficulites which stop me from playing the game,i think you have programmed it well so that it only works on certain types of XP.Hopefully you will be able to sort this problem out.

Rep:
Level 89
Blizzard's programming must be to advanced for our comps  :P

lol for him and another skilled guy

the music had some problems when I watched the fight at the beginning

I got to the point that I had control of my character and it made me move to the right and I couldn't get off of the right wall.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 09:35:37 PM by thingy »
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I think we should install the fonts ourselves, for my PC, fonts are installed in C:/WINDOWS/FONTS and for other versions its diffrent.

The way to fix this problem you guyz are having is to open up the game and remove the auto font install script, then copy fonts from the fontfile provided during game download and paste them to where your computer has its fonts installed.

Anyway, its 7 am and I'm not exactly fully testing yet, in about 8 hours I will be though.

~Winged
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:04:54 PM by Winged »

Rep:
Level 89
I think he should install the fonts ourselves, for my PC, fonts are installed in C:/WINDOWS/FONTS and for other versions its diffrent.

The way to fix this problem you guyz are having is to open up the game and remove the auto font install script, then copy fonts from the fontfile provided during game download and paste them to where your computer has its fonts installed.

Anyway, its 7 am and I'm not exactly fully testing yet, in about 8 hours I will be though.

~Winged

the fonts are included (atleast they were in mine) just remove the installer script
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I didn't have some, so I thought it was safe to just copy and paste all

Anyway, tested a bit and then Jason has his dream and the people get into a fight, theres a BGM missing: Children of Bodom - Living dead beat (Rivy's Theme) was not found.

Anyway, gotta get ready for school, cyas

~Winged

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I´ve been changing something and forgot to test it. Just open that script and change the two lines 98 and 99

Code: [Select]
    end
  file.close

to

Code: [Select]
    file.close
    end

Report any other problems.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
it wont let me open up the game to do so :(

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Quote from: Winged
...remove the auto font install script...

Actually you don´t need to if you install the fonts yourself and have Windoze XP.

Quote from: Winged
Anyway, tested a bit and then Jason has his dream and the people get into a fight, theres a BGM missing: Children of Bodom - Living dead beat (Rivy's Theme) was not found.

RMXP must be messing with you. Check the Audio folder if the file is there. If not, here you go:

http://savefile.com/files/107716

it wont let me open up the game to do so :(

It say "Incompatible versions", right? Make a new project ith RMXP and replace the Game.rxproj of my game with the one from the new project..
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
ok ill try that but sorry i gotta do tommorow gotta finish my coursework...school keeps giving me basically coursework or homework everyday. At this rate i wont be able to beta-test :'( :'(

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Blizzard, your game doesn't run from the provided Game.exe, only when it's opened by RMXP - and even so, it crashes on the beggining scenes, complaining from the lack of a media sound that DO exists (children of boon - living dead beats.ogg). The music file is in .OGG format, maybe there's something related to that.
 Also: your script fix is a correction for exacly WICH script?!? Because i know it is NOT for the font script (there's no 'file.close' instruction ANYWHERE in the script). You forgot to tell us which script uses this fix.
3D ANIMATIONS:
3D and 2D anime ART:

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
Alright I reviewed this game, and if your going to release this your going to have to give credits to the "exact" names of the producers of Ragnarok Online, Magic The Gathering, and any other companies of whom you ripped sprites from or else you will be in copyright infringement, even if you don't make a profit.
Second thing I would suggest fixing a few things, for example from a screenshot I saw of the battle I would dearly suggest that you change your last character Lillith to fit the other graphics, or else it will just look relatively messy, and if I were you I would go on deviantart and ask Wen-M, a friend of mine, to make you a character for her, but he may turn you down because he's busy with Anima Online.
Now to the third thing, I made a tutorial for all you people of how to make blocker events, so characters can't ontop of places like seen in the beta test.
Finally, I must give you cuddos for making a very nice format other than some of the ripped things, such as the window format was really nice. I also liked the part where it showed the character location, money, and stats. Also I haven't really gone through a demo of your game, but I'm going to speak in a suggestive style as I recommend that you find one of the several character-cut scene conversation scripts, and put it to use. I'm only saying this because it would put a nice additional twist to your game, and would encourage many people to play it. Now do not take this as an attack or anything, but I'm just going to shed some light on matters to help you out in the later processes if you decide to produce revenue via the production of this game, which is fully applicable as stated through the commercial use articles of XP and basic credit copyright laws.
~Banned~

Rep:
Level 89
in reeva I think you meant Mayor not Major
one being the person in government of a town
the other being the military rank

this could use some fixing up

found the same thing in the house of the guy who says you should read books (also in lisk)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 01:20:58 AM by thingy »

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Yea, I just opened up the game and changed the battle theme to something else so it saves me time from downloading it....even if I didn't change the audio it said this on the page "HTTP Server is not alive. Please try again later!"

Anyway, the only bug so far is when I try to save over a file, some error pops up.

Also, the FF-8 Style Limit Break is awsome, though you need to have around 9% of the soul rage charged up.....

I'll inform you if anymore bugs come up but for now....THERES TOO MANY F-ING MONSTERS...NOT ENOUGH POTIONS!!!

~Winged

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Alright I reviewed this game, and if your going to release this your going to have to give credits to the "exact" names of the producers of Ragnarok Online, Magic The Gathering, and any other companies of whom you ripped sprites from or else you will be in copyright infringement, even if you don't make a profit.
It's called fair use asshole. Yes, wether or not Blizzard's game falls under fair use or not is highly debatable, but if you want to go there then you're just being a fucking cock. Seriously, it's not like he is hurting anything or benefiting from it in anyways. If you're just trying to let him know, then it's all cool, but if you're calling him out that is simply malicious.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
@Ericmor: Whcih script you say?

Script '-> Fullscreen?' line 99: NoMethodError occurred.
 undefined method `close'for nil:NilClass

;)

Also I think the Game.exe will not work because you have PK or Dyna version of RMXP. =/
And about the music: The only thing you can do is to get CD-DA extractor and convert ALL the .ogg files into .mp3. That should work. I can upload you the convertera and PM you a link if you want.

@thingy: Thanks. I always mix up these two words. >.< As I said, grammar mistakes are the biggest bugs, lol! And thanks for the mapping glitch.

@Winged: Savefile must be down again. I´ll try to upload it on megaupload.com later. What does the error message say if you try to overwrite a savefile?

@Naphe: Altough I have to thank you telling me whom I still need to credit (can you PM me the exact names or tell me more?), I still think Gilga is right. I´m not trying to sell my game and I never will. Not with this engine, these graphics and this music. Note that the game is still only a demo and far from finished. And also the Enhanced Demo you´ve played differs a lot from the Final Demo and the beta these nice guys on the forums here are testing right now. I know about the unbalanced graphic and a lot of other stuff you haven´t even noticed yet, but I´m not trying to make a masterpiece here. Since I´m not gonna sell it, it´s not worth of too much effort. I´m working on it nearly a year and it´s about 50% finished, so you should keep in mind I do put effort into it, but I could do it better. Also what exactly do you mean by these blocker events problem and that cut-scene script?

Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Ouch! The script name was on that CRASH SCREEN...  :'( Damn...

We'll have to find a way to play this game without the interference of RTP versions.
 If this happens in your game, then it's a possibility on everyone else's titles.

About the music crash:
 Well, even if i assign the music to standard battle - and them, the battle test screen plays it normally - while playing the normal game it still crashes... i wonder if that will change after transforming all .ogg into .MP3?
 I'll try to find this CD-DA extractor myself, dont worry Blizzard!  ;D Or maybe i get a similar application, then change all .Ogg into .mp3 and see what changes. I'll do it today yet.  ;D
 By the way... LOVED the zoom battle camera! Pity, it's seems incompatible with my animated battle system...  ;D

3D ANIMATIONS:
3D and 2D anime ART:

Rep:
Level 89
@Blizzard saw some minor grammar mistakes that I didn't mention
luckily most people lack the knowledge of how to use the english language so you could mix up there, their, and they're and even some high school students wouldn't notice

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
YAY, I can finally test it out! WOOOOT! Can't wait...

<3
Rep:
Level 90
@Winged: Savefile must be down again. I´ll try to upload it on megaupload.com later. What does the error message say if you try to overwrite a savefile?

Also, I think you should set a switch so the player HAS to pick up the equipment when they just got out of the class room.

Ohh and what the hell are you supposed to do after reading the thing off the grave stone  ;D? its pissing the hell outta me....

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Ohh and what the hell are you supposed to do after reading the thing off the grave stone  ;D? its pissing the hell outta me....
~Winged
there's a maze, the maze and the grave are related
look at what letters are used in the writing on the grave
dd rud llurdd... I think...
I'm past that part :P

hope that doesn't spoil it to much

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

*cough*

Stop giving him DIRECTIONS *cough*
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers