RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Chaos Project - Nemesis´ Wrath™ (Final Demo) Beta testers needed

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Alright, listen up. I know that many of you have played the Enhanced Demo of my game and liked it a lot. I have worked on the game during a summer and I am proud to say, it was about 50% finished. If I´m lucky I can finish it till Christmas. :)
As I have worked on it a lot and I really mean A LOT (tons of new scripted stuff), it became nearly impossible for me to test the game alone. I want to release the Final Demo, but the game needs more testing. So everybody who wants to test it, just post here. I need to alpha test it myself and then I will upload a special version for the beta testers. The more of you want to test it, the better. Also you should know, that the Final Demo doesn´t go further than the Enhanced Demo in the storyline. The end of the demo is still when Jason leaves Vendetta.
BUT! Of course all beta tester have the privilege to play further (if they want) to the Tower of Memories and find out how the story continues. ;) If anybody wants to play the Enhanced Demo, before making a decision, here is a link to my forums, since the topic at this forum got deleted (and I´m too lazy to repost it. := ).

http://www.chaosproject.co.nr/index.php?showtopic=53

Alright, I´m really interested who wants to test it. :)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Taking into consideration your abilities, your sense of humor, and the fact that your just a pretty cool kind of a guy, I'd say this would be a lot of fun to test. Count me in!

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
ive got this game and its cool :o i can get a free christmas present :D

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Ok. So 2 are already in. :)

I can´t wait to post the Final Demo and show the RM game... *points to sig* =D
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
what is the RM game? sorry if you have answered that hundreds of times in the past ^^;

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
RM game = RPG Maker game

I could bet, nobody has changed so many stuff in the scripts as I did.
The file is about 110kB at the beginning. I moded heavily about 50%, deleted about 40% and add so much, that the file is now 230kB. Well... Do I need to say more? You can take a look at my script editor here.

Legend

- small modifying, mostly only a few methods
-> complete new short add-ons up to about 200 lines of code, rarely more
(*) heavy or complete mods or even completely new scripts
(**) scripts either extremely complex OR codes with far over 1500 lines of code

The stuff I didn´t touch mostly doesn´t even have more than 100 lines, lol!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 07:09:42 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
what are all those pics of? O.o i mean like what type of scripts

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I´ll explain the extras shortly

(*) Window_Message
- I added a mod to be able to walk during some specific message (I added a \s[X] command)

(*) Window_BattleResult
- the mod I posted including some more stuff of me

(*) offhand/2-handed A
- part 1 of a mod for a char who can carry 2 weapons or a 2-handed weapon

GERMAN TRANSLATION
- a subscript system, that translates the entire system of the game to german, it works together with my multi language support

SKILL RESORT
- it´s still empty, when I finish the game, I will make it resort the skill IDs, so i.e. all fire spells are together and so on

Scene_Title
- one of the standards, but I added the language switcher, And again! mode, Warrior mode and Exerion mode controller, so it´s like 3 times more code than the basic Scene_Title

FPS modulator
-that´s this here:

Code: [Select]
#==============================================================================
# Scene_Map
#==============================================================================

class Scene_Map

alias update_fps_later update
  def update
    if $DEBUG
      if Input.press?(Input::A)
        if Input.press?(Input::R)
          if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
            Graphics.frame_rate = 120
            return
          end
        elsif Input.press?(Input::L)
          if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
            Graphics.frame_rate = 40
            return
          end
        end
      end
    end
    update_fps_later
  end

end

Holding SHIFT and Q/W you can by pressing ENTER speed up the game 3 times or set it back to normal. Only available in DEBUG mode for me ;)

-> Scene_Map add-on
- about 200 lines of code for a little window sowing before you get atatcked by an enemy sometimes with the chance to evade it plus a faster update method for the animated autotiles

(*) Scene_File/Save/Load
- a different save/load screen layout and funcionality

all Scene_Battles scripts
- better don´t ask...

(*) Scene_Shop
- different shop layout

- Scene_Gameover
- shows a random of 3 game over screeny

(*) Scene_Debug
- An enhanced debugger, I also use my Party Switcher with it for faster debugging

(*) Scene_Credits
- self-explainable

(*) Scene_Intro
- 50 lines of code before the real game starts, nothing special

(*) Scene_StormTronics
- animated Intro "movie" made with pictures and not with with an avi player or something.

-> Vitalia effects
- totally modified Game_Battler\skill_effect method for many skills

(*) Scene_GameOver2
- load, Title or Exit are the choices after a game over

(*) Caterpillar
- that´s from Fukuyama

(**) CP - NW™ Windows+
 (**) CP - NW™ Menu
- it´s a v4.2b Deluxe mod of the StormTronics CMS I posted today, also I seperated it into two parts to work easier with them and mod them

(*) offhand/2-handed B
- part 2 of a mod for a char who can carry 2 weapons or a 2-handed weapon (I need it in 2 part because of the overriding methods)

(*) LvlUp Notifier
- posted it today, altough this one´s "slightly" different ;)

(*) Soul Rage System
- I´m still using the a 2.7b version of my own script, but out of good reason

-> Death Roulette
- 100 lines of code for a skill that kills a random target (character or enemy), pretty simple, nothing special

-> Meta mod
- about 450 lines of code of a especially modified and separate Soul Limit, called Meta Limit or only Meta

(*) Regen+CenterBattler
- rather self-explainable, isn´t it?

(*) Skill_Command_Change
- one is "empty" you could say, but I need some "trash code" for some testing purposes

Panorama autoscroll
- not mine, but I didn´t use it till now, so I won´t give any credit untill I use it (if I don´t, I´ll delete it)

KGC_BattleCamera
- nice script :) too bad, it´s not mine

-> Language?
- when playing the game for the first time it will ask you for the language setting

-> Fullscreen?
- everytime you start the game, you will be asked if you want to swith to full screen

-> Install fonts automatically
- Wachunga´s was glitching and bugging, so I made my own, that works

-> Absorb HP/MP
- to be honest there is even more in this script (i.e. a counterattack add-on)

Anti-lag
- Near Fantastica´s :)

-> Blizzard Gradient
- my gradient bar

(*) ARS
- AAS modification to support the Recognize skill

-> Transform mod
- hehehe... that´ll stay my little secret for now ;)

(*) DDNS
- my Day and Night System, I posted it

(*) AAS
- Advanced Analyze System, I posted it today again

-> DDNS enemies
- some enemies are active/stronger during night, others during day (you might even encounter sleeping enemies...)

-> Enemy fix
. the legal version has a bug in the database with the enemy HP (glitches if you want more than 99999 HP for them), so I made a litte database fix for it

-> Endout Mod
- his add-on won´t raise STR from now on but really ATK

-> Weapons/Armors
- HP/SP Plus, I posted it today

-> Scene_Update
- savegame updater

-> Minigame Mods
- in several maps there are a few interesting minigame I made with events and scripting

-> City Names
- I posted it once, but it´s gone now (I might repost it in the next few days if somebody else doesn´t)

-> Scene_Explain
- about 900 lines of code that´ll also stay my little secret ;)

-> Monster fights
- semi-ABS typed Monster fight arena (place a bet on monsters and/or train your own one)

-> EXP modifier
- allows partially dynamic EXP distribution during a fight

-> Relect add-on
- also posted

-> Fishing
- a minigame with 500 lines of code

(*) DREAM for Save Files
- also posted

(**) DREAM v2.0
- I have the DREAM in my script to speed it up, you others will have to satisfy with the .dll =P

Main
- to be honest, even that is half edited...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 07:46:33 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
cool i guess xD

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Alright, the rest is posted. Well, that´s kind of what I have. Actually it´s about half of it... :=
Visit our website.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Didn't I join as a beta tester way back when you started recruiting?
You know what that means, don't you  ;)

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Bliz, You just made me feel like an under acheiver. But, in a good way.

Rep:
Level 96
That's insane...How is anyone ever gonna top THAT?

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Mmm... fantastic script work, as i would expect from Blizzard!
 This game looks interesting - i'd like to Betatest it for you too!
I need some real WORKING AVI script in RMXP!
3D ANIMATIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ericmor
3D and 2D anime ART:
http://ericmor.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I am rather busy now days since first year of university just started; but considering this is one of the most worthwhile RM projects out there, and I'm sure there's a lot to learn from it. I will play it; might not have enough time to be a real beta but will be sure to input anything offset that I notice.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Don´t worry, everybody who wants to test, just post here. That means if somebody has changed his/her mind, just don´t post that you want to test, lol!

EDIT: That goes for people who said already earlier that they want to test it like Zeriab.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 11:18:45 AM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Wait... I noticed it's Nemesis' Wrath >_<

Well... I would like to test it anyways.
I will test it the first weekend I'm not drunk

Rep:
Level 89
I'll help, currently can't come up with more plot for my game so I'm getting angry at it
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
O_O

You are still my lurver. *cough*

<PM's Blizzard>

Awesome progress BTW.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Well, count me in.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I'll like to beta test, that is if my stupid sis stops unpluggin my wireless internet  >:(

Anyway, I think I saw Jason off something but I don't really remember...hmm..lemme switch my head on...

Anyway, the plot is awsome! (I love short ones which doesn't require much reading and you find out most of the story while playing the game instead of having it all typed up making you do 6 hours of reading...yup, short, sharp and simple is the way I like it!).

Well good luck, hope its finished by X'Mas  ;D

~Winged

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Ok, I have PMed everybody of you the beta version. The Final Demo doesn´t go any further in the story than the Enhanced Demo. Of course you as beta testers have the privilege of playing further than the story goes in the Final Demo and play even until the Tower of Memories. This is where half of the game is finished. But since everything after the Katana Desert wasn´t thoroughtly tested, I advise you not to save anywhere else than at the Bunny NPC. And don´t save in rooms where puzzles/minigames are. There is an over 90% chance that it will bug your savegame.

A few notes:

• Start the game with the Game.exe file, after the first saving you can continue the game in the DEBUG mode.
  • I suggest you don´t open the debugger with F9, since I also need real game test data. Of course you can do it in an emergency. I added my Easy Party Switcher into the debugger for easier debugging. DO NOT USE IT. There are no party member adding/removing bugs, so you don´t need to use it.
  • You have a hidden save option in the menu if you press SHIFT, but don´t use it if not highly necessary, because it could VERY EASILY cause a bug and corrupt the savegame.
  • You are free to turn on Switch No. 19 (Extra Battle BGM).
  • All in all it is the best if you play the entire game in the Game.exe mode, but I can´t stop you from not doing so.
  • CP - NW™ will always create a backup of your previous savegame before it saves new data in case of a game crash. The savefiles are in the "Saves" folder and called "Chaos1.cps" etc. The backups are called "Chaos1.cps.bkup". Only delete the corrupted savegame and remove the .bkup extension to use the backup file.
  • During a battle: If you notice wrong damage-colors, skill glitching, stats glitching, enemy glitching, write down to a file, what you have noticed.
  • Use screenshots to capture error messages, glitches, bugs and grammar mistakes.
  • At the end zip/rar everything together into one file, upload your report somewhere ( www.savefile.com , www.megaupload.com ) and PM the the download link.
  • Also write down all the levels of your characters and approximate your party status when entering one of the maps on the list further below for the first time. i.e. Jason/14, Endout/13, Lilith/14 I have about 4000 gold, between 10 and 20 of each item so far available to buy, the best possible equipment till now. (Of course, you can write whatever you want.)
  • You are free to take any resources you like, but don´t forget to credit the makers if I credited them or if I didn´t but you know the creators of the resource yourself.
  • Of course, you can take a look at my event systems and how my game works.
  • If you´re a scripter and want to use some of the scripts, just take them and don´t forget to give appropriate credit (most stuff is mine, but NOT ALL).
  • If still haven´t added the makers of the panorama scroller, because I haven´t used it yet.
  • I will add all of you as beta testers into the credits, shortly before I release the Final Demo. I will add only the ones of you who have sent me a report.
  • Look out for grammar mistakes, these are most common...
  • The most important things to test are the different minigames. Try everything to disrupt the normal flow of a minigame. You can make yourself some cash in the debug mode for that.
  • I appreciate any additional comments you have to add to the game and the testing.
  • You can play the game through as many times as you want. The more you play it, the higher is the chance of finding more bugs.
  • Ignore the German language option. Only 95% of the so far game system was translated. All the dialogues are in English even if you choose German. A later version of the Final Demo might have the a full translation.
  • If you play further than the Final Demo goes, you should know that many maps haven´t been tested thoroughly and that Luvia isn´t 100% finished. There are only the most important NPCs and no real population. I recommend only saving at the Bunny NPC beyond the Final Demo part of the game. If you really need to save, just don´t do it in maps where the Teleport option in the menu is disabled. There is over 90% chance that your savegame will be bugged and you have to use the savegame backup.
  • Rivy´s spriteset is still wrong and Nemesis´ spriteset is also wrong, but I´ll make at least Rivy´s spriteset before the release, because I need him for the intro.
  • The dialogue windows in many cutscenes still have to be reorganized (position) so don´t worry about that. I´ll do that while you are testing it.
  • My workspace game folder is usually 120MB. I was able to shrink it to 70MB by removing still unused resources and shrink it further to nearly 60MB by zip/rar compressing the data. So be warned, you are downloading 60MB

Critical maps:

• after leaving Reeva for the first time
  • when entering the Forest of Illusions
  • when entering Echo cave
  • when entering Giada castle
  • how moch time was left on the timer, when you escaped from Giada castle and how many fights have you fled (both groups together)?
  • when entering the Great Marsh
  • When enetering Lorence castle
  • before the Boss in Lorence castle
  • did you beat Faberell (the strong monster in Lorence castle) and if yes, how long did it take, how many tries did you need and what levels were your characters? If no, how much damage did you make (just an approximation in %, Faberell aborts the fight after he has lost 100000 HP and that´s what you have to do to "defeat" him: do more than 100000 damage to him)
  • after finshing Kratos Mine
  • when entering the Ghost ship
  • before staying at the inn after defeating Nocturno
  • and last, but not least: write down your playtime

Critical maps beyond the Final Demo:
(since I don´t really need the test data, but it would help, I only need data from a few maps.)

• when entering Katana Desert
  • when entering Silent Forest
  • when entering Ice Temple
  • when entering Tower of Memories

And one last note:

Don´t play the game in the And again!, Warrior or Exerion mode. Of course you can do it for fun, but the playtest data from these modes is useless, altough you can still hunt bugs in them.
Visit our website.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Looks pretty long, I'm going to test after school tomorrow.....I really need some sleep =/

~Winged

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
There are at least 5 hours of gameplay in the demo. I don´t count the part beyond that.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 96
I stayed up 'til 5 this morning, I'll attack this tommorrow night. Thanks for the link tho!