RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The OFFICIAL "Which maker do you use?" And General RM Discussion Topic.

Poll

Which development platform do you prefer?

RPG Maker 95
0 (0%)
RPG Maker 2000
15 (4.2%)
RPG Maker 2003
61 (17.2%)
RPG Maker XP
173 (48.7%)
Gamemaker
15 (4.2%)
Sphere
1 (0.3%)
Other (Please specify)
13 (3.7%)
Dwarra
10 (2.8%)
RPG Maker sucks
2 (0.6%)
RPG Maker VX
60 (16.9%)
RPG Maker VX Ace
4 (1.1%)
Stencyl
1 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 301

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Rep:
Level 89
I am yourself!
Hey dwarra...
Did YOU make a RPG Maker???
Symphony of Alderra : Memoirs of Life

Storyline : 200% (Overimaginatives)
Scripting : 100% (At last...)
Eventing  : 100%
Mapping   : 0.125%

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I was beggining to wonder that....

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
It seems like 95 would be terrible.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Not terribe, no one likes it. No one wants to try them.  :-[
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
Well I'd say rpg maker 2000. Because I am getting a hang of it. Except for me having trouble getting a church priest event to work so I can have a way to get the priest to revive party members in my game that I am creating. If people are woundering I am a great rpg fan. ;D
If you can't beat them join them.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
Well come to your first post then.

As for RM95, i've never used it, way before my time. (18) but still, i've only just started on RMXP, and I find it's the best.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I've pondered using 95 to be funny.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
95 was okay. It has basically the same graphics as XP, but you can have more than 8 characters in it.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'll DL it eventually.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Each rpg maker give you more options and functions, but it also harder to use... you need to learn more to use it.

95- easy to use, but very basic
2000- Harder but mroe functions
2003- Not much harder, but alot more added
xp- Tons more added and the hardest to use, they also took some things out that made 95 east to use.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
Well I pretty much use rpg maker 2000 right now. But having a hard time getting the chrono trigger timemachine to sho up in my rpg maker 2000. I cant figure it out if someone can help me please email me on how to do it. I have all the other nessary programs already.guythatnobodywants2006@yahoo.com
If you can't beat them join them.

Rep:
Level 88
I prefer XP the most, but that's most likely because it's the only version I've been able to easily get.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
Yeah same here.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM NARKIDIN
RMXP (legal, jap version legal, PK, dub edition, so on)
Game Maker 5 & 6

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
FeeltheAmbience™
RMXP for me.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Yes Dwarra made a game once..
If I'm not mistaking it was something with knights and Excalibur or something i never played it though ..

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
i use 2k3 all the way. why you may ask? i LOVE the old school look. i just love old school. so ya XP is just to mmmmmmmmmmmmmm new and "clean" looking to me.

TT

Rep:
Level 88
Rpg makers I use..

Rpg maker 2000

Rpg maker 2003

Rpg maker XP

Tool kit 2 (god its hell >> Like rpg maker XP you do scripts but unlike rpg maker xp ITS ALL SCRIPTS npcs need a script and you need to make your OWN graphics and tiles sets.... ya...not very fun -_- even uploading from paint isn't very neat.)

Vic 20 XD (inside joke but true Vic 20 COULD be a game maker)

Commrade 64

future basic 2 (another inside joke, Text games  btw this is a MAC appucation where you make other programs)

These are not in order -_- you think with my knowleage of programming scripts for rpg maker XP wouldn't be a problem oh well still learning. XD

Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

Rep:
Level 87
Language Teacher/translator
Good Oldschool RPGM2k3  ;D i've hear and see lot about XP but oh well ^^ cant stand to move so much time and patience learning it into the new verison where pple dowload scrip and within 5 min got incredible games ^^ maybe once i'm done with my project in 2k3 i'll have a grab about this XP and see if i can work something out of this  ^-^

Cheer! ;D

Elistios

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Hi, I'm just getting back into the rpg maker scene. i remember using rpgmaker 95 and also remember when rpgmaker 2k came out and how great the events had become. It became a great challenge to see how much you could get out of such a simple thing.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 11:35:07 PM by Dazrael »

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I chose XP because I really haven't used the others much. GM is an option, but I am more into original RPG-making, for which I am going to be working on original graphics and learning Ruby before I even post anything about my project in here. It's going to be a long journey... but always worth it. :)

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
I use 2003..

Rep:
Level 87
RPG Maker 2003 all the way.

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
I love using rpg maker xp, its cool, way better than the other ones. It has also helped me unleash my creativity.  ;)