RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Master of everwind reveiw.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Okay it's not often when I reveiw stuff. But I told Merte I would.

First, I didn't mind the tutorials. But they were uneccesary. Take them out in the full version.

Next, having a SoM style menu systen was a nice touch.

Mapping needs serious work. You made buildings have ungodly huge exteriors but the interioirs were sized well.  In the opening scene, you could of handled the water better until he got to shore I thought he was drifting over dry land on some spots.

Lastly I fund a major glitch. Okay it was obvious I had to head to the forest after that kid gave me a quest. Now this is where the glitch was, i went every where in that first forest map and realised, I couldn't go past it.

After walking around trying to go every other way, I realised that was the only way to advance in the game.

Mertre, please fix this. I can't rate it untill you do because it wouldn't be fair to you.

Final Verdict - N/A

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
The exteriors of the houses are made to corrispond to the interiors. Counted the tiles.

I am not sure what you mean by the "glitch" you mention. Didn't you get over the stream? There are stones in the water. You just have to push the wooden log to get to it.
"All you do is to walk around the house all day, inhaling groceries and popping out pudding!"

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I have a full review of the demo.

Pros: I enjoyed the effects of the forest and the buildings. You have a good mapping touch, better than mine when I had XP. The game was challenging, with the hint of a still linear game, whitch is needed in every game.

Cons: It seemed a bit cliche, but atleast it wasn't "Free Middle-Earth by shattering the 4 crystals with the black sword while the ??? guy follows you around, taunting and laughing at you." Cliche-ness isnt always bad depending on how far the level you take it. If you call your game 'Final Fantasy: The Moral Winds' im not going to play it.
But Master Of Everwind was a fair name, because you atleast incorperated the name into your game.

And that stupid log stopped me. (Argh.)
Thats as far as I got.

Overall: I want to see the finished game more than a demo.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

I just don't understand how this log can be a problem. It's just to push it away!
"All you do is to walk around the house all day, inhaling groceries and popping out pudding!"

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Merte, The logged can't be moved. The fact that you can't acess the stones to walk across IS the glitch I'm talking about. Please take the log out of that map. I'm assuming it's on the second layer because in the editor while play testing ALOT of things become passable on the second that shouldn't be.

It's a notorius RM XP glitch. If I remem ber correctly, all versions have it.

OK, I just downloaded the demo and tried it. The wooden log works fine for me. There is no one on the Gamingw forum that has mentioned this at all. They all talk about things far further into the game. Are you sure you do it right? You are not supposed to push the log into the stream, only push it aside. You stand below it and push it upwards by pressing ENTER.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Tried it, didn't work. Like I said, I tried EVERYTHING with that log.

Hm. That is very very strange.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The log worked for me.

Something odd with Fu's computer.