RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Riddle Game

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
OK, not sure if this is the right section for this but...
These are most probably going to be very easy for you guys, seeing as you are(Im asuming) RPG players.
So, to get to the point: Im proposing 3 levels of Riddles, only giving the next level when the current has been beaten.

Level 1:
Ok, this one being the beggining level, the Riddles are going to be fairly easy and maybe even common.

Riddle 1: What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?

Riddle 2: My life can be measured in hours. I serve by being devoured. Thin, I am quick. Fat, I am slow. When I am aglow wind is my foe. What am I?

I dont think any Hints are needed on this level, coz as Ive said: these are fairly easy.

Level 2:
Ok, get this and its 3 ^^

Riddle 3: You have a tap, a 5 litre barrel and a 8 litre barrel (Both currently empty), you have to give me EXACTLY 2 litres by only using these 3 objects and no - the barrels dont have level indications, nice try ^^

Level 3:
Alright the ones you've been waiting for ^,^. Just one thing before you try these: Please dont go giving my level 3 Riddles out on the internet, as far as my knowledge goes, none of them are Google-able and it would be great if they remain that way.

Alright, now to the good stuff ^.^

Riddle 4: You have been walking in the desert for hours, there hasnt been wind in days which means less chance of rain, even if this is the desert. You cross a really large dune and come across a dead body, which seems freshly dead. There are no tracks around him and he's clutching some straw in his hand.

How did this guy die?

Riddle 5: You work at a hotel as janitor. One person attracts your attention. After asking around, you find out he stays on the 12th floor of the hotel. You watch him for a few days and see a patern: He ALWAYS takes the elevator down in the morning on his way to work, when he comes back however, he takes the stairs, unless it was raining that day or there are already ppl in the lift.

Why?

Riddle 6: Your childhood friend phones you and asks you over. When you get to his house however, there isnt any answer at the door, but its open. You figure you know the guy well enough to just go in. After looking through his house for a few minutes, you find him in his study, dead. He was shot, the gun still in his right hand. What you find peculiar however is the taperecorder in his left hand. Its the same one you used when you were kids spying on your teachers. You press play on the recorder and listen to the message. Its a suicide "note", at the end you hear your friends voice: "Now, im going to end it all..." followed by whats obviously a gunshot. You put the taperecorder down and phone the cops, telling them your friend was murdered.

How did you know it wasnt suicide?

Riddle 7: A call to the police have been made, homicide. Apon arrival, the cops drudge through the snow to interrogates the guy who made the call. He's asked to retell exactly what happened. He starts: "Im his neighbor, and came to return some tools he lent me. When i didnt get an answer at the door, i walked around the house to his study, where he normally spends his time. The window was fogged up so much i couldnt see through, so i cleaned it up a little and saw him laying over his desk with a letter opener stuck in his back. Thats when i called you guys on my cell." Immediatly after that the inspector arrested the neighbor on the count of murder.

Why?

Allright, these ones I think are a lot harder than the previous ones, so here are the rules: Rules: You are allowed to ask questions, however, the only answers I'm allowed to give you is either a "Yes" or a "No", nothing else.
 All right, lets get to it ^.^
And Good Luck lol

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 91
1. ice cause when you try to make it dry it turns into water
(but it's not the answer now is it?)
2. hmm is that firewood? Oo
holy shit my sig was big!

Quote from: blueXx
1. ice cause when you try to make it dry it turns into water
(but it's not the answer now is it?)
2. hmm is that firewood? Oo

The first one is a little off.
But the second one was "close", lol

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 91
1. towel (that answer is like some sort of a knock knock joke)
2. candle (firewood is just about the same thing...if you understood the answer you would have letten me slide..., )

hmm anyways, please bother making your own questions ...
those were too easy to google -.-

(btw i thought about both answers in my first post on my own and you gotta admit they were quite acceptable answers(and the 2nd one was right cause firewoord is THE SAME as candles only they make bigger flames *feels smart*)

1. towel (that answer is like some sort of a knock knock joke)
2. candle (firewood is just about the same thing...if you understood the answer you would have letten me slide..., )

hmm anyways, please bother making your own questions ...
those were too easy to google -.-

(btw i thought about both answers in my first post on my own and you gotta admit they were quite acceptable answers(and the 2nd one was right cause firewoord is THE SAME as candles only they make bigger flames *feels smart*)

Lol, guess i could have. Good job man (when you tried on your own at least ^.^) Now check the main post for Level 2, im gonne make 2 just 1 riddle, cuz i wanne get to 3, which are very rare riddles and id appreciate it if noone put them on some weird riddle site.

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 91
bah now that's just easy, you call that level 2?
(no i didn't use any cheat site lolz)

anyways:
fill the 5 litre one up, and then spill it all inside the 8litre one
and then fill the 5litre one again and spill it one more time to fill the 8litre one to the edge.
you will then be left with 2litres inside the 5 litre barrel

level 1 was way harder Xx

bah now that's just easy, you call that level 2?
(no i didn't use any cheat site lolz)

anyways:
fill the 5 litre one up, and then spill it all inside the 8litre one
and then fill the 5litre one again and spill it one more time to fill the 8litre one to the edge.
you will then be left with 2litres inside the 5 litre barrel

level 1 was way harder Xx

lol, ok ok, im saving my best ones for 3 ^.^
Now please, again, dont go giving my level 3 Riddles out on the internet, as far as my knowledge goes, none of them are Google-able and it would be great if they remain that way.

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 91
4. meh it can be anything..
he might have died from thirst or maybe it's a heart attack or he died from hunger or he ate something poisoned or anything else..
i'd go with heart attack since he was clutching the straw, so he might have been in pain, it's a weird reaction to get a hold of something really tight , and there was that large dune so it might have been a lil too much for him
or if you want a knock knock style, it might have been the last straw ;)

5. might be a murderer that doesn't want his finger prints around the elevator just in case someone saw him enter the building after he killed
but he might just be a freak, or maybe he is afraid of the elevator's up move and feels safer with other people

6. once again , alot of reasonable reasons:
a. he called you over
b. leaving the door open seems too obvious, if he wanted to suicide he wouldn't want you to be able to get in soon enough to possibly stop him
c. the gun was in his hand, normally the gun would have fall on the floor after suiciding, it's too obvious too
d. he holds 2 items at the same time, and he shot himself, you would expect at least one would fall
e. he wouldn't bring up an old taperecorder , it brings up memories, which would have slowed the suicide action down
f. you said you only hear his voice in the end so:
1. do you hear anyone else before?
2. talking about perfect timing , if you can hear the shot and it's the end it must have been perfectly timed to the end of the tape, which is impossible , he couldn't have pressed the stop button after he suicided

7. he didn't get an answer in the door, in other words the door was still locked, if so there was no break in, the window wasn't broken either, an inside job clearly, since no one else was around i suppose he was the single suspect, and thus got arrested.
also, the snow seems to have been very heavy, possibly the window was too iced/snowed to be fogged or to be cleanable.
possibly ,a lack of footprints of another person or of the neighbor to the back of the house
and lastly, i suppose any normal person in such weather would just give up instead of walking around trying to find that person...
(i doubt i got that one though... weird thing)

4. meh it can be anything..
he might have died from thirst or maybe it's a heart attack or he died from hunger or he ate something poisoned or anything else..
i'd go with heart attack since he was clutching the straw, so he might have been in pain, it's a weird reaction to get a hold of something really tight , and there was that large dune so it might have been a lil too much for him
or if you want a knock knock style, it might have been the last straw ;)

5. might be a murderer that doesn't want his finger prints around the elevator just in case someone saw him enter the building after he killed
but he might just be a freak, or maybe he is afraid of the elevator's up move and feels safer with other people

6. once again , alot of reasonable reasons:
a. he called you over
b. leaving the door open seems too obvious, if he wanted to suicide he wouldn't want you to be able to get in soon enough to possibly stop him
c. the gun was in his hand, normally the gun would have fall on the floor after suiciding, it's too obvious too
d. he holds 2 items at the same time, and he shot himself, you would expect at least one would fall
e. he wouldn't bring up an old taperecorder , it brings up memories, which would have slowed the suicide action down
f. you said you only hear his voice in the end so:
1. do you hear anyone else before?
2. talking about perfect timing , if you can hear the shot and it's the end it must have been perfectly timed to the end of the tape, which is impossible , he couldn't have pressed the stop button after he suicided

7. he didn't get an answer in the door, in other words the door was still locked, if so there was no break in, the window wasn't broken either, an inside job clearly, since no one else was around i suppose he was the single suspect, and thus got arrested.
also, the snow seems to have been very heavy, possibly the window was too iced/snowed to be fogged or to be cleanable.
possibly ,a lack of footprints of another person or of the neighbor to the back of the house
and lastly, i suppose any normal person in such weather would just give up instead of walking around trying to find that person...
(i doubt i got that one though... weird thing)

Nope, all of those are wrong. I can assure you that all 4 of these Riddles only have 1 answer each. On some of them you arnt thinking nearly deep enough, on others too deep lol. You could always ask qeustions lol, thats allowed, just remember, I can only answer Yes or No ^^

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
I know I haven't solved the othe ones, but I know the answer to #5.

The man is a midget. He can't reach the button to take him to his floor.
If it is raining, then he uses his umbrella. if there are people inside, he
asks them to push it for him.

EDIT: Oh, And I know the answer to #7.

If the neighbor had really been unable to get inside, the window would still
be fogged up. The fog on the window is on the inside. Like when the windshield
on your car gets fogged up when you have the heater on and it's cold out.
The neighbor would not have been able to clear the fog if he was never
inside the house.
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep:
Level 91
never thought bout it that way, nice way to solve 5

but as for number 7 , if it's so cold that the window get fogged up from the inside, how come he could still be in the working room without having the heater up, and having the heater turned on the fog would have been cleared

though that's probably the right answer.. maybe that guy is a snowman -.-

as for riddle 6:
is it possible that your friend was disabled on his left hand and thus unable to hold the taperecorder?

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
It's the heat inside and the cold outside that makes the window fog up.
I know from experience. The guy inside would have to be crazy not to
have the heater on if the cops had to "trudge through the snow".
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Lol, yeah, Master of Time got them right ^.^
Btw, you dont have to solve the first ones to go on with the others lol.

Blue: Nope, he wasnt disabled.

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
very good! but sadly I am not too good with riddles...even simple ones...

but the first one i was think of a person sitting next to a wet dog drying itself off.  the dryer a  dog gets the wetter and wetter the person get....

see? no good at all
Go suck a lemon! lol

#6 was easy. I wish I would have found this earlier, though. I figured out most of the others too. Sadly, #4 boggles me too.

You pressed play right away. You didn't rewind it first. If the friend shot himself, it'd be at the end of the tape, which means you'd have to rewind first.
Project(s):
Dragonblade: First Awakening - Demo not yet available
Dragonblade: The Forum game - Join now!

Quote from: Saber
#6 was easy. I wish I would have found this earlier, though. I figured out most of the others too. Sadly, #4 boggles me too.

You pressed play right away. You didn't rewind it first. If the friend shot himself, it'd be at the end of the tape, which means you'd have to rewind first.

Yep, thats it ^.^
One left if Im not mistaken... anyone up for the challenge?

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
The guy failed an attempt at skydiving?
Lol mostly just kidding

I really dunno... any more hints?

Well anyway, I have a riddle NOBODY will solve!
Yes, it is completely ungoogleable... really.
Because this is a monster of my invention!

(Actulally I have 3, but number 1 is the original one and the others might be googleable)

#1 (gasp)

There is a man lying on he sidewalk outside the skyscraper where he lives.
He is dead, with no apparent cause. There are no obvious injuries except to his hands.
The palms are worn away to the bone.
To answer most possible questions, he did not die of natural causes, any illness of any form or poisoning.
The window and door of his apartment are open.
How did he die?

A man walks out side holding a brick to throw at his neighbors house.
He throws it way up high in the air and it never comes back down.
What happened to the brick?

2 men are on a plane.
One is smoking a cigar, while the other is holding a live duck.
The two are very annoyed at each others possesions, and finally agree
that if the first man throws the cigar out the planes window, the second man will also throw out his duck.
They do so, and a moment later, the duck appears flying alongside the plane.
It has somthing in it's beak.
What is it carrying?
HINT: It's not the cigar.

GOOD LUCK!
------------------------
The Scrolls of Time
------------------------
The final demo of the latest and
greatest action-rpg is here at last!
------------------------
Be among the first to experiance
what action battling in rm2k3
is really like!
-----------------------
Download the demo now at

http://www.bigupload.com/d=4609A0CB
------------------------

Rep:
Level 91
1. he jumped and landed on his hands or otherwise got pushed and landed on his hands.

2. brick landed on the house's roof, never to come down.
no one can really throw bricks perfectly up

3. if they threw them out of an airplane they would have to be on the ground otherwise the plane would crash  :O_o:
so hmm the duck got some dirt or food he found on the ground.. or just about anything else someone wanna throw there Oo

Both wrong.
You are vaguely close on the first one,
but miles away on #2!
------------------------
The Scrolls of Time
------------------------
------------------------
is really like!
-----------------------
Download the demo now at

------------------------

Rep:
Level 91
hmm in 1, did he try to use a rope and slide using his hands all the way down the building resulting in .. a big ouch to his hands which made him lose too much blood and so he died? Oo

(or.. same thing with trying to hang on the wall)

2. err...was that a dust brick that simply was spreaded all over cause of the wind?
or maybe it fell into the duck's mouth from riddle 3 -.-

Entirely right!
You are much too smart for me
------------------------
The Scrolls of Time
------------------------
------------------------
is really like!
-----------------------
Download the demo now at

------------------------

Hey hey, dont forget about my guy in the desert Riddle :/
If you guys finish this one, Ill put up a bonus Riddle. Its recodnized as the most difficult Riddle out there, so look forward to that one ^.^
It is googleable tho, but your just gonne feel like an idiot for doing it with help, so its up to you lol.

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 91
meh we don't know mate..
give us a hint Xx (i mean.. he could have die by a snake, an airplane could have bombed him.. so on.. there must be some clue pointing to the right answer.. Xx, i guess it's about the wind or the rain but i can't find any answer having anything to do with them)

Ok, hints....
Alright, the MAIN point to see here is there being no tracks around him. The only reason why the wind and rain was mentioned is so you dont think that there was any tracks and either of them blew/sweped(sp?) it away. Once you take that as your main point of reasoning, its a pretty simple riddle, except for the straw, which plays a mayor role in the answer ^.^ b

PH34R T3H L33T

Rep:
Level 91
ohhh like duhhh

lol i was blind, i doubt i got it right but i found another reason of death:

a nice guy with a stick that got tons of straw as the edge, such as an old broom or whatever, killed him , while killing him mr dead body managed to snatch some straw for no good reason and er.. died.. and then the killer covered his footprints with his straw stick thingy