RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Picture Scrolling System - Event Based

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Picture Scrolling System (Event Based)
I was helping someone who had problems with the Making an Introduction located at http://www.hbgames.org/ccoa/index.htm

This person had made some errors. When I fixed I thought: "Hey, I can make this into a smarter more user friendly system"
By smarter I meant it was easier for the editor to set up. Especially the ability to easily set a rather long wait.
In case you didn't know. You can max set a wait to 999 frames. You can max set a variable to 99 999 999.
By more user friendly I mean giving the user the ability to scroll the text faster and skip it at their command.
Anyway enough talk. Here's the event:
Page 1:

Page 2:

Remember to set the condition of page 2 to Local Switch A is ON.
Also the actions shown on page 2 are just there for an example.

If you ever want to come back to the map you used it in, remember to turn a switch ON and make a new page with the condition or something similar.
You can likewise do the actions in the end of page 1 let the switch turn on and leave Page 2 blank.
It's up to you.

If I have done my comments properly I shouldn't need to talk what you should do to set it up.
Also you may post this wherever you want. You have my permission.
You are also free to extend it, make it more simple, in fact to edit it in anyway.
It would be nice if you try to keep the comments or update them so it's easy to set it up.

Well, that's that.
 - Zeriab
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:17:52 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
excellent tutorial zeriab  :P

Rep:
Level 92
excellent tutorial zeriab  :P
Thanks. :)
If the text on the big image seems a little blurred just right-click on the image and select 'Show Picture' or something similar.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Si, es muy excellente.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
ur really good at XP it seems i havnt used XP yet but i know a tiny bit about it atleast,i might use this code one time.(i use rm2k3 at the moment i gonna move on to XP soon)

Rep:
Level 92
Picture Scrolling System (RM2K3)

Here's the event:

Set the trigger to Autorun:

The actions shown on the bottom of the event are just there for an example.

Here are the pictures I used in the example:
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7038/Scrolling_intro1.png
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4146/Scrolling_intro2.png
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2898/Scrolling_intro3.png

You may post this wherever you want. You have my permission.
You are also free to extend it, make it simpler, in fact to edit it in anyway.
It would be nice if you try to keep the comments or update them so it's easy to set it up.

Comments and critics are appreciated.

Well, that's that.
 - Zeriab

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 01:50:00 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
You're using the old pictures for the RMXP one Zeriab  :o

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
*clap*clap*clap*

Nice!

Rep:
Level 92
Thanks ^_^
I am indeed using the old pictures. They have been resized however

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Good job Zeriab. Very nice. :)

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
sorry if I am treading on your turf, but what about setting the picture as a panorama, set up an empty map, and scroll through that?

Rep:
Level 92
You can do that in RPG Maker 2K3
I personally think it will be conceptually harder and more bothersome.
You will have to take looping into account and you can only have 1 panorama at a time while you can have many pictures showed at the same time.
Remember that you have an max height for panoramas in RM2K3.

~ Zeriab

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I was actually thinking XP

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
You mean scroll the map? I'll say the same thing as Zeriab, you can do a lot more with pictures. Panoramas have set size and you can only have one of them. Pictures are much more malleable.

Rep:
Level 92
You have to use a script for getting the panoramas to move in XP.
Naturally, if you have a script you can do it, otherwise you can put it on as fog.
Just add some empty space at the top of the picture and the bottom.

You still won't have as much control as you have with pictures.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Niiiice... But it's funny how you made yours the first in this new sub-forum.

Rep:
Level 92
Thanks and
I was wondering if you could make an Event Systems Database as a child board of Tutorials. There aren't many of these event systems that I am aware of, but I think that's because they don't have anywhere to go. Zeriab has a Picture Scrolling one in there now which I can't really put in Tutorials Database because it's not a Tut, but if it doesn't get moved somewhere it will just disappear :'(.
:>):

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Would my "Hunt the Cows" be an evented system? :V

Rep:
Level 97
It would be, in fact. But you have it in New Projects and I can do nothing about it  :baww:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 04:05:29 PM by modern algebra »