RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dark Eternal: Dissolution v2.1SE (Complete)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, this game is really good. Recommended to anybody who thinks an Rpg Maker game can't be great

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Gah! The download dosn't work. Anyone have a working link? I want to try this  :'(

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Just bumping this and posting to say that DE2: Kiketsu Houmuru is in full production.

Myself (JustinAC) and Zeno are currently at work on database, maps, and a number of new incredible home-made scripted systems that will knock your socks off.  Combined with the extremely amazing custom soundtrack, this is truly going to be an epic conclusion to the series.  Some things in store:

- An incredibly revolultionary way to learn magic
- A sweet in-battle transformation system
- World map with functional teleportation
- A whole new way to "limit break"

Stay tuned for these updates and more.  We'll probably be making a project thread for this somewhere down the road, until then, ask me any questions you may have or forward questions to our forums at www.zenosoft.net.

JustinAC
The Sole Dedidicated Scripter for Dark Eternal
Aka. The Machine

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
AHHHHHHH!!! This game is awesome and I'm expecting Kiketsu to be awesome, too XD About how far are you done? The Zenosoft forums are pretty dead, so I'd rather ask here :P

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Wow looks great !
Looking foreword playing it

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Can't wait!

wow wonder how good they will be second time around!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I forgot to play/finish the game in hard mode... Different ending if you do :P

I can assure you that the game is going to be a lot better the second time around.  We've both learned a lot (not that I scripted for the original, but you get the idea).

If everything goes as planned, we should be able to combine Dissolution and Kiketsu into one game, as they were originally intended to be.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Look forward to this project. I originally bumped this project for people here to see a game that was actaully finished and done well. (well of course a game other then chaos project xD ) so again, great luck with this game!

Will the team be the same as the first one? Mappers, eventers, story..ect?

Here's a little story about the team..

Zeno was the sole creator of DE1 to my knowledge, apart from any third party scripts he may have used (KGC Active count battle, among others).  He's 100% responsible for the story, events, and maps.  Amazing, really, I still have trouble believing it.  Oh yeah, he did any and all sprite edits and custom graphics you saw, to my knowledge.  A bit after he released version 2.0, which was a big overhaul, I messaged him almost daily with more bug fixes.  Eventually, we got around to talking on AIM about DE2 and all of the cool systems that he wanted to script but just couldn't envision working out.  By far the coolest thing he mentioned was the idea for a new way for characters to learn magic. 

I had coded a similar, but less in depth version of what he wanted for one of my own discontinued projects, so I offered to take a whack at it.  He sort of chuckled and let me have a go, and the system was more or less working flawlessly within two weeks.  That's pretty much when I became the scripter for the project, and I've done a number of other custom systems already, though I'm not yet finished.  We keep cooking up great ideas.  On another note, we have a fantastic musician who's helping us with a custom soundtrack.  It may or may not be 100% custom, I'm not sure, but you'll definitely hear some original sounds in DE2.

Hope that answers anyones questions!  The team for DE2 is only about three people, and Zeno had no formal help with DE1.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 11:53:52 AM by JustinAC »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Here's a little story about the team..
Hope that answers anyones questions!  The team for DE2 is only about three people, and Zeno had no formal help with DE1.

Omfg... Zeno is a beast, then. XD How long did it take him to make DE1? And how far is the progress on DE2?

Yeah you could put it that way.  Uh, I'd say custom script systems that we plan to add to the DE1 system for DE2 are about 70% complete... I'm heading those up.  The database is more or less done... and once the combat system overhaul is finished, linear game production can begin.. The story was written and completed over two years ago as far as I know.  The "demo" is probably going to be prologue + ch1, maybe ch2.  I don't have an ETA on this, mainly because it's dependant on how fast he and I can work.  We want to give you the best experience possible, and good things come to those who wait ;D

Can anybody help me? The game hangs after the scene with the Dark Angel-thingy and some scene with a party member.  ???

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
try an re-install it.

Rep:
Level 88
Some trouble shooting tips:

1.  If you have insalled the game and the fonts are not appearing, first repair the installation and re-boot your computer.

2.  Re-download the game again

3.  Download the fonts seperately, extract them into the game, reinstall the game and re-boot you computer (that's what I had to do).

It's a very fun game, if you haven't played it you definiately need to give it a go.  Once you get into it it becomes very addicting.  The plot is a well thought up one and the characters are quite well developed.  I'm looking forward to the next installment  ;D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Or... for fixing the fonts, you can just go to www.zenosoft.net and get the font installer. >_> Sorry for the half-necro.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Downloading as we speak :P

I look forward to this =D
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
I eat babies :o
I went to the megaupload site to get this game and I got this: "Unfortunately, all available bandwidth is currently reserved for our premium customers. Therefore, free downloads will be unavailable for the next 7 hours.

We're working on adding more capacity for free users and would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Your Megaupload Team" That's bullshit... And I even got the Mega Manager and shiat so yep. That's the major reason why I hate Mega Upload :( That site should get h4xed by the devil and then analed by him D:  :tpg: :=:

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I've played it, and I have to say, games like this keep me occupied all day ;8
I love it, the maping, the gameplay, everything, games like this are hard to come by :D

One or two problems I did notice, when you walk diagonally, he seems to go slower than the usual up, down, left, right movement. Plus, i'm using the moderate difficulty battle system and, I kinda think you made the bosses a bit too fast, and strong. I'm on boss 3 and i'm out of dank :-\

Other than that, kudos to you my good friend ;)
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
The dialogue is pretty awful"blah blah herb","got some gil so i can buy herb"?
Seriously man, use dialogue that would make the game a bit interesting to actually go to each person in a town and talk to them.
Besides the game being pretty boring in the story/dialogue area,everything else seemed pretty cool to me.
But yeah, the game seemed to be slow paced with no interesting plot.I lost interest when I beat Vampire guy at the mansion.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I noticed that there was a 2 second(ish) wait in between dialogue boxes... is that just lag or did you put it in there yourself?
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
looks like something sony would make but in 3-d

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
looks like something sony would make but in 3-d

No, Sony would probably make some crazy HD game with 4D Graphics that could blow your mind open and get 10/10 by everyone who reviews it.

EDIT: Oh yeah here's the review http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16773.msg209781.html#msg209781
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 04:33:59 AM by nets07 »

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
Holy Maria!
This is so f*cking beautiful!