RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Read this if you need help!

Rep:
Level 90
Now then, if you are new to RPG Maker and you need some help, 95% of the time it can be answered with switches! Which is why I have posted this, to save the same answer and question being posted over and over again!

An example of what I mean:-

Newb: I need help with something, you see I got this dude to join my party, now I cant seem to get rid of him, so I used erase event but that didn't work because he would return every time I reentered the map!

If your question involves a problem where a character wont dissapear when you want him to then look right HERE! \/
http://www.dubealex.com/asylum/index.php?showtopic=6

You will need to sign up but that will definatly answer your question!
The thing that answers you question is SWITCHES!!!
And dont ever forget it!