RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to do Opening Doors in RPGMXP

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I tried using the tutorial in crankeye.com for RPGM2K, but It doesn't work that well since it has information that is unavailable to use in RPGMXP. So, how do I do the "opening doors" animation in RPGMXP.

Sorry for such a newbish question but alas, I am a moron. If this question has been asked before, please let me know.

Thanx

Sincerely,

Crash Override9207

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
Its simple really.

Step 1-Create an event with a door sprite
(RMXP RTP comes with door sprites and a sound effect is optional)

NOTE:For the maps with many, many events I would suggest naming each event so you don't get confused.

Step 2-Create a Move Event command in the event.

Step 3-Look at the top LEFT HAND corner of the Move Event command. You need to set the Move Event command to "This Event" or else the command will change your player's sprite.

Step 4-Make these commands inside the Move Event command.

Change Graphic-DoorX(Graphic of your choice)
Wait 2 Frames
Change Graphic-DoorX2
Wait 2 Frames
Change Graphic-DoorX3
Wait 2 Frames

Then click the OK button to finish the Move Event command.

NOTE:The Wait 2 Frames command keeps the door from opening ungodly fast.

Step 5-Click the OK button on the Event Window to finish your door event.

Thanx! I'll try it out now! (Gives Shinami a giant cookie)

Rep:
Level 90
Your welcome!

*sees the giant cookie*

COOKIE! *devours it lightning fast*

OK, It worked. Here's something I would like to add to your guide:

6. Add a teleport in front of the door. Of course, put a wait before the teleport for 6 frames to look like the character is opening the door and going through it.

^Just something to add for other newbs to use.

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: CO9207
OK, It worked. Here's something I would like to add to your guide:

6. Add a teleport in front of the door. Of course, put a wait before the teleport for 6 frames to look like the character is opening the door and going through it.

^Just something to add for other newbs to use.

you use it on the door not in front of it?

If you hate snakes then theres a 100% chance that i hate you!

Dont click here ------> http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?the%20serpent

Sorry Serpent, I meant put the teleport and the 6 frame wait in front of the door or one space before the door.

Rep:
Level 90
Why do that when you can just add the teleport command to the door event? It'll save you timing frustration.