RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Apoch 1 [Corporation]

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Yes, My fellow RPG makers, I, Lord Dante, ruler of the Smelly Corner have returned from...doing...other...things. Anyways, I thought instead of becoming a Thread-Necromancer and reviving my old topic, I may as well start anew as my game has been revamped to a degree.

Contents:
Story
Characters
Features
Current Issues

Story:
Far into the future the Human Race has colonized two planets: Earth and Mars. By the time Mars was colonized, Earth has sunken below the Poverty Line and became a seemingly useless dump of decay, distress, sadness, and disaster. Until, a seemingly Angelic company known only as "the Corporation" began huge movements to bring Earth back to stability. Soon, some Cities even became Upper-class, and the Earth was on its way back to civility. However, the leader of the mysterious Corporation had other plans, and with a hidden Para-military force wiped out the Royal Martian Army and began a totalitarian rule over the United Planets. The Corporation was established on Mars, but had a huge Headquarters on Earth. The Corporation withdrew all of its relief efforts, causing the citizens of Earth to populate the area around the Corporation's Headquarters. Now, any who did not flock to the HQ has either died or has been lef tto fend for themselves, for the majority of Earth's population had formed into The City, the only great city left on Earth. Meanwhile, Mars prospered. Soon however, the Corporation enforced its totalitarian force and became oppresive. From this era, two new groups formed. The Anarchists, who although hipocritical, fight all forms of Authority and Organizations, for almost no apparent cause. Then, there is the Chemical Roses, a rebel group working under-ground o destroy the Corporation. Soon, a great war broke out, and those who refuse dto fight were accused of as being traitors and were killed.
Now is the aftermath of that war. The Rebels still wage war, as do the Anarchists. However, something is brewing on Mars, being planned by the Corporation. Soon, the earth, and maybe the Human Race will never be the same.

Characters-

Name:Vahn
Weapon: Swords
Dislikes: Almost everything else, including The City
Bio: Vahn lived in Th City for all of his life. During the Civil War, his father was accused of as being a traitor and was killed. He has sworn venegence on the Corporation by any means possible

Name: Zel
Weapon: Pistols
Dislikes: closed spaces, smokey rooms, beging in one place
Bio: Not much is known about Zel, but it is known that he is a wandering Gunman who fights mostly for himself, or for innocents in trouble

Name: Marx
Weapon: Rifle
Dislikes: Corporation Soldiers, commands
Bio: marx was a Corporation Commando, but due to a mysterious "act of treason" he was to be executed. SOmehow Marx escaped, and is now hunted by Corporation Soldierd

Name: Dr. X
Weapon: Mutant Powers
Dislikes: weakness and weak people
Bio: Dr. X was said to have been either the Greatest Scientist alive or the most willing test subject alive. Some belive it is both. IN any case, Dr. X became mutated by prototype experiments. He was sentenced to the Sylus Asylum for life.

Name: Lukita
Weapon: anything at her disposal
dislikes: the Corporation, being led
Bio: Lukita has been fighting ever since she was little. She became the Rebel Leader and uses whatever and whoever she can to fight the Corporation

These are all the characters i have so far. Stay tuned for more.

features:

Scripts used-
Mini-map(press ctrl and you get a full screen version with teleport names)
Action battle System(along with seperate battle field maps)
Advanced Messeges
Final Fantasy VII Menu
KGC item Grouping
8-way movement

Music-
Final Fantasy VII
Legend of Zelda
Haloofthesun
Other people(if you hear your music in my game and i forot you just tell me)

Actual features-
-Explore a huge game-world, all four Compass Directions of the City(north Quadrant, East Quadrant, etc.)
-Meet exotic and different characters
-Participate in bonus(aka side) quests

PROBLEMS :x

- Mini-map not working

-mini-map in the same general area as the ABS HUD

-ABS doesn't activate

- ABS script errors upon entering a map with an enemy in it(now Prexus ABS found here

If you are intersted in helping me fix the problems, PM me or post here

Well, thats it so far. once ht ebattle System is fixed, I'll release a demo.

edit1: 3:30 AM, 12/28/05

Updates-

Got a new ABS (mad eby Prexus..cna't get it worling yet though. If anybody else has this, pelase help)

new problems-
ABs problem mentioned Above
FFVII menu is being stupid, currently trying to figure htat one out
Mini-map script acting up, and is in the same place as the ABS HUD. (need to fix and move it)

edit 2, update 1:
Remebered that I dumped the FFVII menu to get the Ring Menu.

Update 3: 12/2/05 4:06 am

Huzzah! The ABS is fixed! Now about that mini-map...anybody know where I can get an 8-dirctional movement script?
edit: HOMAGAWD! I FIXE DEVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY PROBLEMS! well...most of them, in any case. I still haven't tested out the script with a monster yet.. but anyways, my game will stop plaguing my mind now so i can sleep! hurray!

Update 2: 12/29/05, 12:32 AM

The ABS and all of my scripts work perfectly. However, there is a bit of lag in maps with monsters. I'll need to fix that...

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Cool!
Keep us updated!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
hmmm....Well, I suppose I could take a few screens...tomorrow maybe.

This just in: IM getting the Legal version so that I can actually use advanced script made by Prexus/Near Fantastica to enhance my game!

Updates-

Got a new ABS (mad eby Prexus..cna't get it worling yet though. If anybody else has this, pelase help)

new problems-
ABs problem mentioned Above
FFVII menu is being stupid, currently trying to figure htat one out
Mini-map script acting up, and is in the same place as the ABS HUD. (need to fix and move it)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Hey Dante, that seems like a good game, but I reccomend you not to use the legal version or no one will be able to play it. A lot of ppl had the same problem and sometimes with good games, so use the p.knights. But that

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Quote from: Ramiro
Hey Dante, that seems like a good game, but I reccomend you not to use the legal version or no one will be able to play it. A lot of ppl had the same problem and sometimes with good games, so use the p.knights. But that

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Yea, there

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Quote from: Ramiro
Yea, there

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Ok, so the battle system works but the new menu crashes.